Lt. Commander
I wanted to reclaim my T16 so I can deal with Amok of Borg but there's no option to claim items that I have from the C-Store on Tribble
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2011, 05:12 PM
if you mean the items you own on holodeck they did not open up thos items on tribble so they can test the new c-store out fully. so if you have something on holodeck you would not have it on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2011, 05:15 PM
'Market research'

They don't want people claiming from the c-store so that they can see what people buy and what they want. Of course the research will be skewed, because the playerbase is so starved of content that anything new is immediately snapped up just because it's new, rather than because it's something that they need/want.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
'Market research'

They don't want people claiming from the c-store so that they can see what people buy and what they want. Of course the research will be skewed, because the playerbase is so starved of content that anything new is immediately snapped up just because it's new, rather than because it's something that they need/want.
It's also skewed by the fact that they're giving us tons of free C-Points whenever a patch hits. I spent my first allotment purely on DOFF packs, throwing away crappy DOFFs until I had a ton of rare and epic ones. I will NOT be doing that with my own money.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
It's also skewed by the fact that they're giving us tons of free C-Points whenever a patch hits. I spent my first allotment purely on DOFF packs, throwing away crappy DOFFs until I had a ton of rare and epic ones. I will NOT be doing that with my own money.
I did more of less the same, but while I may buy one or two for the most part I will rely on time or the exchange. Once most people have equipped a couple of their toons with a full line up of DOFF's I imagine we will see the prices drop.
As for items on the C-Store not being available on Tribble, I imagine Cryptic wants to see if there is any value to those items for new people. The fact that I got say Tribble of Borg as an unlock does not mean I would pay for it. Perhaps a bad example as I did pay for it with Tribble points but there are other unlocks I haven't bothered to re-purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't believe market research is one of the reasons, though I could be wrong. The reason being is exectly what your talking about this it not being a true measure of interest in any of the items, plus they already know what people pay for based of the old store. It is only a mild change I spent my money on something before, I most likely will again. Then add on the stipend that will change how things are bought too and that isn't even on tribble to see how that effects it.

I personaly believe the reason is just coming down to making sure the unlocks are workign correctly. Remember how a number of items unlock is now different. Some of the account wides are now toon locked. Others have had how they unlock changed (eg. T5 ships and T3 ships that were all one before).