Lt. Commander
# 21
11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
I respectfully disagree, all the content in the world won't make the game a success if if they force grind-or-pay walls on a bunch of impatient-but-cheap Casual Western MMO players.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-14-2011, 10:39 AM
In my understanding, the whole reason for dilithium and the top level gear that can be bought with it was for pvp??

You do not need the top gear for pve, even the devs have said as much, so unless the devs have some master plan and a years worth of pvp content to add to the game once f2p goes live, whats the point?

Pretty sad that the sole reason for all the top stuff has never had an ounce of effort in it from day one...
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
Post-F2P content. While I'm not crazy about every detail of the new F2P system, in general it is sound. However the only thing that is going to actually keep people playing a game is new content. That being the case, whether F2P succeeds or fails is going to depend entirely on whether Cryptic releases new content on a regular basis after F2P launches.

If Cryptic can manage to get the FEs going again and keep them coming on a regular basis, then people will keep playing. And if they keep adding new items to the C-store then those people will wind up buying things. Everybody wins. But without the regular new content, everybody loses. Most of all cryptic, because they lose their jobs.
We couldn't agree more, and we're working on more new content than just what you can see on Tribble right now. This is something that Perfect World also very much believes in providing for all of their games. You guys should be seeing much more new content, coming quicker, once F2P Launches in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
PvP is dead in STO. There is nothing left to revive.
I don't think we're quite dead yet. Truth be told, I think PvP has a number of things going for it right now. We've got an influx of new players coming with F2P, many of them will likely be interested in STOs PvP. We also have that massive Klingon Revamp coming, which I believe will include some updates to PvP, as well as PvE. On top of that, I'm pretty sure we do have some new stuff in the work for PvP as well.

Don't go counting the PvP game out yet Mav. You may not believe it, but I think there is still a great deal of hope for that particular portion of STO's game-play.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We couldn't agree more, and we're working on more new content than just what you can see on Tribble right now. This is something that Perfect World also very much believes in providing for all of their games. You guys should be seeing much more new content, coming quicker, once F2P Launches in January.

I don't think we're quite dead yet. Truth be told, I think PvP has a number of things going for it right now. We've got an influx of new players coming with F2P, many of them will likely be interested in STOs PvP. We also have that massive Klingon Revamp coming, which I believe will include some updates to PvP, as well as PvE. On top of that, I'm pretty sure we do have some new stuff in the work for PvP as well.

Don't go counting the PvP game out yet Mav. You may not believe it, but I think there is still a great deal of hope for that particular portion of STO's game-play.

Thanks,

Stormshade
All F2P will do is bring in new unexperienced players for me to obliterate in PvP. Sure that could be fun, but its still the same stuff...same maps...same zones...same objectives. Hopefully fleet starbases will involve PvP, and hopefully we get more maps in the neutral zone for open PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
PvPers in STO have been running on hope for 2 years. We're out of that. Need something else.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
For more content, it seemed(or at least I thought) was pretty clear that there would be lots of content being rolled out after F2P release which makes sense, and thanks for confirming that.

As for PvP, I love PvP with STO and has such great potental, infact before I left playing for a couple of months(personal reasons) that's pretty much all I did, and hope to do so when I get back here in late Nov. I'm not discounting what your saying, but, the facts are, there have been now 22 blog postings regarding F2P launch, there has not been one mention of PvP what so ever. I haven't found any posts which indicate any PvP updates(other than new ablities etc) and there have never been any real updates for PvP sense the game launched.
If there is new stuff in the work for PvP then that's great! I'd love to hear more because right now, there isn't anything to show for it at this time. In a F2P model IMO, PvP is a huge money maker.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
Forgive me for being cynical, but I'm not seeing where this massive influx of players is going to come from. Some of the economy changes are questionable, and all of the blogs are wondering about this, too.

You guys need to stop the negative word of mouth. I see it looking better, but I'm still not convinced that this will be popular, and there are several changes that need to happen before this goes to Holodeck, or the silent majority will be silent no more. >.<
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Last Man Standing This would be a game where when you die you don't respawn. You can run or fly around stealthed after you die to watch the match. The last person alive that team wins. You would probably have to deactivated cloaks in this, you could say radiation in the area wont allow cloaking. This game would probably have to have a five minute timer too. Last ship/person would get a slight bonus. Be the last one standing so many matches you get a accolade title

Capture the Flag You would be capturing a valuable resource. It would make your ship glow and the radiation would keep you from cloaking. The would be flying through a asteroid belt. Each side would have a mining station and you would take the enemies resource and deliver it to yours. While keeping them from taking yours. When the carrier of the resource is killed you press F to take it. It you kill the one carrying your resources you have to take it back to your station.

Boss Kill You would fight through NPC enemies to kill a NPC Admiral/General before the enemy kills yours. There would be like four groups, with mini bosses. You would have to fight before you get to the boss.

Capture Station You would start out fighting outside a station, in space. There would a be a Klingon station and another game with a Federation station. You would defend if you got in the game with your factions station. You would defeat the stations defenses till you knock the shields down, then go in and kill a Boss to capture the Op's to take the station.
I like all of these ideas and would enjoy playing any or all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
PvPers in STO have been running on hope for 2 years. We're out of that. Need something else.
Dillithium
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Dillithium
With all due respect, don't be hatin'. :p