Lt. Commander
# 1 Feature Request
11-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Couldn't see a place for this, so here goes;

When I scan, whether in space or on the ground...I would like it if the scan also came back with a distance response in addition to directional response.

In every incarnation of the IP, scanners give distance as well as direction.

Is it possible to get a distance read as well as a directional read? Or maybe even the addition of a secaond scan for distance? Or maybe even a 'pong' on the map, like radar?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2011, 06:34 AM
In an odd way, there is already a "distance indicator": when the "fanned out" directioal indicator is more like a beam the object is still far away when the indicator is rather wide, you're pretty close to the darget.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
In an odd way, there is already a "distance indicator": when the "fanned out" directioal indicator is more like a beam the object is still far away when the indicator is rather wide, you're pretty close to the darget.
True, but I would like the response to idnicate distance by numerical data, just like spock would tell kirk, or data tell picard....etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-13-2011, 08:59 AM
That would be cool. Of course, it would be nice to also know the difference between scanning an anomaly and finding the next mission objective.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That would be cool. Of course, it would be nice to also know the difference between scanning an anomaly and finding the next mission objective.
Exactly. This is more desirable.