Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
11-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
I played it but honestly, it's all a bit of a blur. I really don't like the KDF side.

< silent up until now the slightly off-putting Orion Female Officer standing behind Roach speaks>, " I says we string'em up him as a fed sympie thiser just to be sure. ' < Strangely violent Orion Female Officer starts to reach for knife..>

< stops her hand >
SOrry about that. My mate is a bit cranky this early in the morning before ra'Taj is served.

You dislike the KDf , eh?
Pity that. Hopefully you will give us a try after F2P launches and they've actually brought the revival the the faction in PvE content?
See what life on the Ridged side is like?:p

Well. hopefully time will change your mind and you will try. I'm off for ra'taj.

< scoots Orion female before him >
< silly woman. how many times I tell you . Don't kill feddies early in the morning, they smell worse on the dying at that time.>< No, I do not know why.> < Now hush and go eat.>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
11-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Nah, he ain't dislikin' it.
He just ain't likin' it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
11-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
< silent up until now the slightly off-putting Orion Female Officer standing behind Roach speaks>, " I says we string'em up him as a fed sympie thiser just to be sure. ' < Strangely violent Orion Female Officer starts to reach for knife..>[/color]
Gorn standing behind Pathfinder .... "I sayssss wesssss letzzz the sssscrawny onezzz gut em and then BBQzzz him and eatzzz him for dinner."

:::: shrugs ...

Gorn, what you gonna do? They'll eat about anything and get cranky when hungry.

::: hands the reptile a BBQed tribble ...

I've found many who dislike the KDF are either 1) diehard Feds who have closed their minds to the KDF ... period ... and 2) simply do not understand or wish to understand the truth of the Empire and those who play it.

Not saying this part applies to the Fed who posted what we are responding to, but I've seen a lot of Feds who simply wish nothing more than to covert those of the Empire to their way of life ... and refusing to see that differences can be the spark that helps make life worth living.

We in the Empire literally are ... the spice of life.


... and yes, there are also those with limited time to play and / or who simply enjoy being Fed and hold no ill-will to the Empire.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
11-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
< silent up until now the slightly off-putting Orion Female Officer standing behind Roach speaks>, " I says we string'em up him as a fed sympie thiser just to be sure. ' < Strangely violent Orion Female Officer starts to reach for knife..>

< stops her hand >
SOrry about that. My mate is a bit cranky this early in the morning before ra'Taj is served.

You dislike the KDf , eh?
Pity that. Hopefully you will give us a try after F2P launches and they've actually brought the revival the the faction in PvE content?
See what life on the Ridged side is like?:p

Well. hopefully time will change your mind and you will try. I'm off for ra'taj.

< scoots Orion female before him >
< silly woman. how many times I tell you . Don't kill feddies early in the morning, they smell worse on the dying at that time.>< No, I do not know why.> < Now hush and go eat.>

On the contrary, I've gotten my Orion Tac officer to LG, flying an MPC. So I've played the content, such as it is. Honestly, when I played Birth of the Federation back in the day, playing the KDF faction was always a bit 'meh' for me.

As for KDF STO, the grind to LG was just that. a Grind. I ground out LG so I coud get my MCP before F2P hits and lost the ability to get my ship of choice to the C-Store. It was long, boring and repetitive. The quests that were actually available were a welcome respite. In the end, I did a lot of Dailies and Featured Episodes. :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
On the contrary, I've gotten my Orion Tac officer to LG, flying an MPC. So I've played the content, such as it is. Honestly, when I played Birth of the Federation back in the day, playing the KDF faction was always a bit 'meh' for me.

As for KDF STO, the grind to LG was just that. a Grind. I ground out LG so I coud get my MCP before F2P hits and lost the ability to get my ship of choice to the C-Store. It was long, boring and repetitive. The quests that were actually available were a welcome respite. In the end, I did a lot of Dailies and Featured Episodes. :/
Thats wonderful that you ground one out so to speak on the KDF side.
We can not all be fans of the same thing or it becomes a cult. lol

ANy way enjoy the fedside. I'm hoping the KDF upgrade will make that grind at least have as many options to grind as the Feds currently enjoy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Nah, he ain't dislikin' it.
He just ain't likin' it.
I noticed and can respect that.
Basically I feel the same way about the feds, sprinkled with passion fueled bouts of insanity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
11-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Honestly, when I played Birth of the Federation back in the day, playing the KDF faction was always a bit 'meh' for me.
Funny you'd say BOTF.
It seems that even though it was appearently never the most successful Star Trek game it had an impact on the fanbase nontheless.
I still play a few rounds with an old friend of mine via LAN on occasion.
Believe it or or not the game has actually evolved quite a bit in the last decade.
Today it's even possible to import new models (even though it's a nightmare) and there are some interesting mods out there like the "UDM3" mod that replaces the Ferengi with the Dominion (thank god!)

For me rounds and rounds of BOTF, with and without mod, and even with our very own personal version where we rebalanced everything I noticed something for myself:
I find the Federation to be terribly bland.
I don't know why, it was never this bad with the shows (except "Voyager") but in games I tend to go for just about everything except Feds, there seems to be something...missing for me.

The interesting thing is that my buddy tends to first go for Feds while I always first go for Klingons.
In games like BOTF and also "Armada" (every version, every mod) it's always this way, it's like an unspoken...tradition.
So it's somehow familiar when you say "Klingons...meh".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
11-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
For me rounds and rounds of BOTF, with and without mod, and even with our very own personal version where we rebalanced everything I noticed something for myself:
I find the Federation to be terribly bland.
Funny you should say this as one of the reasons I love Klingons is literally for the spice ... doesn't matter whioh game or even if it is just in my fan fiction writing.

The Federation has always tasted ... well ... watered down.

Maybe it is because of this (looking right now only at this game) ...

When I see the Klingons, I see the richness of the various powers of the KDF alliance ...

The Klingons, the Gorn, the Orions and the Nausicaans ,,,, Each have unique ships and uniform pieces.

Each one stands out.

When I see the Federation, I see the same ships, uniforms, etc.

They have all those rich cultures, but everything still has the look of having been created by humans.

You don't *see* the rich cultures over there ... just the watered down United Federation.

With the Klingons and their allies ... I see more character and personality coming through.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
11-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Funny you should say this as one of the reasons I love Klingons is literally for the spice ... doesn't matter whioh game or even if it is just in my fan fiction writing.

The Federation has always tasted ... well ... watered down.

Maybe it is because of this (looking right now only at this game) ...

When I see the Klingons, I see the richness of the various powers of the KDF alliance ...

The Klingons, the Gorn, the Orions and the Nausicaans ,,,, Each have unique ships and uniform pieces.

Each one stands out.

When I see the Federation, I see the same ships, uniforms, etc.

They have all those rich cultures, but everything still has the look of having been created by humans.

You don't *see* the rich cultures over there ... just the watered down United Federation.

With the Klingons and their allies ... I see more character and personality coming through.
Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NX-89
Well since Torg was one of Jm'pok's key allies and was proved to be a traitor it's seems clear that Jm'pok is about as much what the Empire needs as a Tribble conservation programme. How epicly Klingon would it be have a story arc that features the overthrowing of the Jm'pok administration? And at the risk of sounding like a broken record...the Empire NEEDS Martok. The Klingon side needs memorable and significant figures of substance like Martok, or Chang (although he's too far back in history to be brought back unless the Guardian of Forever is taking requests).

Personally I reckon there's some serious mileage in this type of Klingon expansion - not only would be be more canon but would also go towards appeasing the Klingon player-base. Hopefully, once the dust has settled from the F2P conversion, this will be an area looked at by the devs as part of the commitment to increased Klingon content. Because, to be honest, throughout the entire Trek canon, the two instances where the Klingons are at their best is in times of war or internal political turmoil and from how the current in-game story goes, the war angle has stagnated - so bring on 'plan B'!
I think the whole KDF/Federation war was thrown in to help put the KDF over has a PVP only faction back when the faction launched unfinished.

If the game had launced with two full factions; I doubt that the War would even exist right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
11-27-2011, 12:28 PM
I've pretty much thought for a while now that this was the way to go. As a core story, J'mpok may well have taken control of the High Council leading up to the games launch. But Trek tradition has made it clear that it's something else entirely to hold on to the position of Chancellor. There are teases of this here and there in the game already. When I learned about the original Diplomacy system for the Federation with regard for the voting on DS9, I immediately wondered how fun it would be to influence the High Council through player vs. player House intrigue. Make House oppositions more prominent and permit that to affect the make up of the Council. Different combinations of the Council might offer something interesting to player's for a short time. Maneuvering for control of the Great Hall is a very Klingon thing to do. And the player's might enjoy themselves more.

The Federation-Klingons would make far more sense under this premise as well. That plot hole is currently so large you could drive a mac truck through it. It would be nice to figure them into this, too.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 AM.