Lt. Commander
# 1 So, about those Iconians?
11-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Are we going to see them again? Is there really a master story plan or were the Devs just winging it?

(begin Cryptic doom comments)
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Ya really want that continued too, but I don't think we will get more for a while. They said it was to be end game content for them and right now their focus is on begining and middle. I think we are looking at 6 months min before we more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Are we going to see them again? Is there really a master story plan or were the Devs just winging it?

(begin Cryptic doom comments)
I think it is a long term plan to develop that story... We saw them even before the Featured series both early game and VA missions, so I think theres more coming, but it is somthing that they will push far ahead in favor of c-store items and keeping people engaged, waiting for that next Iconian appearence.

I think the point is that they want war, because all the species together are in fact too strong for the iconians to take on, so they are using species 8472 to weaken us and will make their push when we are all at a point where they think they can take us on.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Season 5: The Iconians
11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Iconians are the part of the game's backstory. They will enter as a complete NPC enemy faction with Season 5 in2012/13. Has been stated a while back when D.Stahl was still at the helm.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
Iconians are the part of the game's backstory. They will enter as a complete NPC enemy faction with Season 5 in2012/13. Has been stated a while back when D.Stahl was still at the helm.
That said, with DStahl gone, all that he has promised is to some degree Void.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought season 5 was the DS( stuff that's coming, with Iconians in season 6?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Will the Iconians be back ? - Yes
Cryptic wont let a dead horse lie any more than Voyager left the Borg

I fully expect the Iconians will gradually make their way into the game more and more but its likely to be limited to Featured Episodes.

So far it has become extremely obvious Cryptic dont have a clue what they are doing with an Iconian faction. Either because they dont have a clue what its meant to be like or because CBS are pulling the strings on playing with this race.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Remember we still dont know what the DS9 featured series is about, the Iconians could be involved in some way. I would expect Cryptic to keep building this story.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Remember we still dont know what the DS9 featured series is about, the Iconians could be involved in some way. I would expect Cryptic to keep building this story.
Personally, I hope not. I also doubt it, it's too far off the Iconian's existing track. I expect them to keep building it also, but it does serve to let stories sit for a while, even when episode to episode storylines were thickest, the shows would regularly break for a few episodes to do something else. STO has other dangling threads to pick up, and plenty of material to start new ones.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I would rather not have EVERYTHING being attributed to the Iconians. It is extremely cheap and gets highly implausible the longer it goes on.

That said, the Iconians DO have reason to be involved at DS9 since they had a presence in the Gamma Quadrant and it gives ample chance to the GQ to be explored to open up a wealth of expansion material.
Between the Dominion and the Iconians the Gamma Quadrant could be expanded into new rank areas complete with open PVP, heavy duty warzones and brand new STFs that even the Borg can be apart of.

If you moved the Borg Zone above DS9 and connected it via the Wormhole rather than a Transwarp - It has all the makings of becoming an endgame warzone where the Iconians, Dominion, Borg, Undine, Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians etc. can all be used.

DS9 becomes the beachhead into a hostile area - Exactly like it was before and turns it into a decent social area rather than the Transwarp fleet.