Lt. Commander
Okay, I mostly play the Borg Red Alerts with my VA, so the 15min skill bonus is pretty useless. I can't send it to another char, so I HAVE to use it to get rid of it. Well, I had one that I didn't use when I did a second Red Alert, and I couldn't turn in and reaquire the mission. There was no option to opt out of the skill bonus. Has this happened to anyone else?

Personally, I think they should not be bound. This would allow max level chars to either send them to alts, give them to friends, or to sell them on the exchange. Besides, it Isn't like there's any lack of skill bonuses already for sale. They just aren't the 15 minute ones.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Yep. Had the same problem. It would not let me turn in a mission when I had one already in my inventory.
I ended up just saying meh and using it.
I agree I wish it was "level appropriate item" instead. So if you weren't completely leveled up you would get it otherwise you'd get something else.
Selling it or trading it would also be cool. It seems like that might be easier/do-able.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
They are unique and bound so the exchange doesn't overflow with them and so people don't hoard them for use when new ranks are unlocked.

I will agree that they are useless for VAs, but as you don't even have to win the mission in order to get them I think it's OK.

If you don't want it, don't pick up that mission... just do the individual sector block ones.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, the skill boost also applies to BOFF skill points. Granted, by VA you normally have all the BOFFs trained that you need, but who knows when you might want to train brand new BOFFs with new skills.

Of course, a lot of this issue would be solved by making the items 'Bind to Account' instead of 'Bind to Character'. That way, they could be sent to alts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 06:31 AM
IIRC, the item is no longer given out on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2011, 01:28 PM
That wouldn't surprise me a bit. I knew the skill bonuses weren't going to last forever... and they sure aren't going to be giving F2P players free ways to level faster.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
That wouldn't surprise me a bit. I knew the skill bonuses weren't going to last forever... and they sure aren't going to be giving F2P players free ways to level faster.
Maybe they just aren't available in game anymore. They ARE a CStore item, after all...
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh
Maybe they just aren't available in game anymore. They ARE a CStore item, after all...
Which is rather odd. The 15min +20% freebies are a good hook to get people, especially F2Pers, to part with cash. I mean the 15min was good for you right? Of course it was, so why not go get yourself a 1hr one... only $14.99 Hey, if 15min was glorious for you then 1hr is going to be like multiple orgasms right? You know it so go get your CC out.