Lt. Commander
We've got a New Year coming up , with a clean slate and as some would say an "almost new game" .
Time to take a breath and move on .

So ... , where would you like the game to move on to ?
Yes , I know : content , and no , not c-store "content" !

This is the reason for this thread :
I'd like to hear some reasonable numbers as to where should Cryptic go to next ?

My vote for the next year :

- 6 Featured Episodes
- 1 (or 2) New STF's
- 3 New PVP maps and/or some other form of PVP gameplay
- Whatever they might want to add as "Season 5"
- 2-3 lower level mission polish / remasters

* I'd be willing to lower my FE eps to 4 if "Season 5" has both Fleet Starbases and some sort of Territory control .

** However if by some miracle this game does become a success , I'd expect 2 new STF's per year from now on .

Your thoughts ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-13-2011, 10:44 PM
All of the above for what you just said would be wonderful. Like I wouldn't even care of this game was going F2P if it had all the stuff you just listed. I would spend 300 bucks on it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
All of the above for what you just said would be wonderful. Like I wouldn't even care of this game was going F2P if it had all the stuff you just listed. I would spend 300 bucks on it.
What he said.

To add to the OP's list, I'd like to see a crafting revamp that actually makes it crafting (instead of a samples vendor) that includes being able to deconstruct existing items for crafting mats and also removes Dilithium from crafting completely.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-13-2011, 11:41 PM
What would I like to see in the coming year content wise?

- 5 featured episode series. That would work out to 25 total episodes, one episode shy of a full season if there was a Star Trek TV series running.

- 2 remastered Fed side missions.

- A third 4 episode KDF mission arc. Romulans, or more Federation War, or the Gorn Homeworld, anything.

- A new open PVP zone.

- (Wishful thinking) an exploration overhaul/revamp.

EDIT: And MOAR assets ported into the Foundry toolset.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-13-2011, 11:43 PM
I would like to see:

The new FE series

Fleet starbases that involve PvP, heavy customization...possibly tied to the foundry tools to create a system for the starbase to orbit.

A PvP overhaul, at least 4 new open PvP maps added to the neutral zone and new PvP maps for the queue style PvP.

A toggle for engine trails.

Visual revamps of several systems backgrounds, DS9 with a black starfield, Qo'nos with black starfield. Get the game feeling as Star Trek and canon feeling as can be with little trouble.

And at some point, hopefully sometime in 2012 they will start work on the Romulan faction.

No other part of the game deserves more of an overhaul than PvP, PvPers have almost nothing...just the same old ganking in Ker'rat and the same repetitive arena maps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
- 6 Featured Episodes
^ This this this is all I need
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Lots of KDF content
Greatly expand on the doff system
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Well, in the long term mechanics for creation of new content by playing existing content are required in my opinion (and i do not mean the Foundry, since subscribers tend to pay for consuming content and not for creating content with an editor ), because any static missions, fleet actions and STFs are always no longer considered "new" at some point.

Creating content by consuming content can rather be achieved with dynamic systems like territory control, complex PvP scenarios with long duration, vastly extended crafting, perhaps even revamped exploration, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 9 More Exploration
11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
THEY SHOULD TAKE THE BEST OF THE FOUNDRY MISSIONS AND SCATTER THEM AROUND IN THE EXPLORATION ZONES AND MAKE THE MISSION PICK UP POINTS MOVE AROUND OR RANDOMIZE THEM.

THEY NEED TO MAKE CRAFTING MORE WORTHWHILE (BETTER GEAR THAN CAN BE BOUGHT), BUT SPECIALIZED SUCH THAT NOT EVERY ONE CAN CRAFT EVERYTHING AND MAKE US HAVE TO TRADE WITH OTHER CRAFTERS FOR DIFFERENT SPECIALTIES.

I'D REALLY LIKE UNIQUE DROPS (ANOMOLIES or SCHEMATICS) WHICH WOULD ALLOW THE CRAFTING OF SOME UNIQUE GEAR, CONSOLES, ETC FROM JUST GOOFING AROUND EXPLORING, AND POKING MY NOSE UNDER ROCKS ON SOME OUTTA THE WAY PLANET.

hellloooooooo....is there anybody out there?

In space
.....no one can hear you troll
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-14-2011, 11:39 AM
and KDF faction parity to gameplay.