Lt. Commander
# 21
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
They should just stick with the featured episodes...

They've yet to get a single STF mission "right" (since they have continually changed them since Infected was released, even the dev team would have to admit they weren't right) and while the latest iteration of the STFs may please more people than the other versions, only time will tell if enough people care for forced team content to make spending resources on them worthwhile. How many FEs could have been created with the resources dumped into the STFs over the last few months? Regardless of how much love one has for the STFs, you have to concede that featured episodes have been received far better by the community of players than the STFs have been.

PVP... while I'm sure many people like it, hasn't exactly been something they've had any success with either. Does anyone have confidence that they will do whatever it takes to PVPers happy without completely causing all the PVE oriented players to quit? Is it even possible to please PVPers without doing something to completely frustrate or upset PVE players? I don't know, but I'm not confident the Dev team does either.

Since the new focus is the C-Store, just sell Featured Episodes via the C-Store and I'm sure enough people would buy them (assuming quality similar to that which we've had before) to keep dev's paychecks from bouncing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-14-2011, 01:30 PM
5 or 6 featured episode series

Im not a KDF player but they do need their promised mission pack to get them closer to the fed side.

expand the Doff system by adding Boffs as fleshed out department heads as promised
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Featured Episodes will be even worse for F2P. Because they are so simple and easy you can do them with junk gear or without having bridge officers.

With F2P the game will be dependent on selling gear and items. With featured episodes there would be no reason or need to buy those items.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Who cares about website traffic it didn't seem to help their profits.

5 weeks for a 20 minutes mission is such a waste of their resources. They could put that into something with high replay value. They will replay the mission a few times and get bored with it.

Things like fleet actions, PVP and STF's people can log days, week or months of actual game time. 5 weeks for something people log hours of game play is a waste.

It doesn't make much sense so I'm sure they will do it.
I think the fact that STO is hurting right now in the number of players could possibly be attributed to the lack of any new FE since March. Could that not be possible?

Could it also be possible that the lack of singleplayer content in the way of story is what many people are complaining about as the prime reason for lose of subscribers?

Could it be possible that PvP, while left unloved by STO devs, is NOT the reason people have played STO in the past? If they haven't done anything substantially new for PvP except for what is on tribble since launch, then why leave now because of lack of focus on PvP?

I venture the game started losing subscribers early this year when it became apparent that FEs were no longer a thing of the norm.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
^ This this this is all I need
Six missions for the whole year? If this is what you meant then you're pretty easy to please but good on ya.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
I think the fact that STO is hurting right now in the number of players could possibly be attributed to the lack of any new FE since March. Could that not be possible?

Could it also be possible that the lack of singleplayer content in the way of story is what many people are complaining about as the prime reason for lose of subscribers?

Could it be possible that PvP, while left unloved by STO devs, is NOT the reason people have played STO in the past? If they haven't done anything substantially new for PvP except for what is on tribble since launch, then why leave now because of lack of focus on PvP?

I venture the game started losing subscribers early this year when it became apparent that FEs were no longer a thing of the norm.
The monkey wrench in the people are leaving because there are no feature episodes is, they were abandoning the game before they come out.

People have been leaving the game since launch over PVP issue's. People started rage quitting after launch for spam holds in ground PVP. They also left after season two because the PVP queues were broke for a couple of months. Then the PVP queues broke again in season four, causing more to leave.

I'm sure that some quit over not getting featured episodes, because there are so many good reasons to quit STO.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-14-2011, 08:10 PM
I loved the feature episodes, and I know a lot of people did. It's something that Cryptic's team has really excelled at, so I hope they do about five to six series next year.

I'd also like to see something like the Borg invasion done elsewhere with another villain. I'd also like them to put mini-missions on the planet/space station social zones, so that there's repeatable stuff to do there. I'd also really like them to work on doing something on your starship too that's fun, since that's the place that feels the most "Trek".
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
- (Wishful thinking) an exploration overhaul/revamp.
If this is done well, it would be all I need to be happy for a year.

But it would have to be done well, creating a true EXPLORATION system, something that can't be completed in a couple weeks

That, and get rid of sector blocks, I want one gigantic unified universe
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-14-2011, 09:29 PM
More featured episodes, exploration revamp and well, most of the stuff that has already been mentioned.

Also, as a soloist, I would like allot more group content. Not STFs but pug friendly Fleet Actions and more like the ground and space Borg invasions. I'd be happy if we got a few such ground ans space missions a year. Mixed in with all the other stuff of course.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Four new FEs, a new series every third month.

Four new PvP maps, one every other third month.

The remaining four months should be utilized to revamp Crafting (yet again) in order to remove Dilithium while still gating Crafting progression and high-end Gear acquisition, introduce a new PvP Mode (Horde Mode, Capture the Flag, or Last Ship Flying), and to get the KDF up to snuff.