Lt. Commander
# 11
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBlack10 View Post
what baout players who cant afford the ec cost, this ability should be free and too much ec isnt a bad thing.
while im no millianire ec holder, i think this is a great idea cryptic put in. we should pay for travel. in a way i cant pay as much. ill even payless when this goes diltih based only.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Keep throwing credits into the warp core! We'll get there faster! This is one of those, if you don't like it don't use it features.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Is the cost a set amount or is it based on level? 20K EC is a lot at low levels, but once you're a VA you should be a millionaire. If you're not, then you must be vendoring all your drops and not selling anything on the exchange at all.

In any case, even if it is a fixed amount, I think that's OK. It just means you won't use it much at low levels, where you don't really need to bother with it anyway, since the missions are fairly close by. Well, OK some of those out near the Klingon neutral zone are pretty far.

Having a cost means that there's some incentive to still travel normally. If you are in the vicinity of the system already, then you can just fly there. Or if you're waiting for someone else to join you, and you're heading there first you can save your EC.

However, it's nice to have a way for someone to quickly join a group waiting at a mission, or to allow you to get to a mission quickly by yourself if time is more important than money...err energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
Keep throwing credits into the warp core! We'll get there faster! This is one of those, if you don't like it don't use it features.
They are *energy* credits, aka, a value of how much stored 'energy' you have access to (and why you toss items into a replicator on your ship, and make items from a replicator). So, throwing 'energy' into the warp coils to 'activate Transwarp' isn't *that* much of a stretch.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Well when you think about it, the only other current way of transwarping is the Excelsior. This is a paid product, adding the transwarp function without a fee attached would mean circumventing an already pay function
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-14-2011, 10:22 PM
As a captain from ESD transwarping to Regulas Sector, I'm being charged 300EC.
Earlier as a LT, from Mem Alpha to Sirius it was 100EC (IIRC).

Admittedly as a n00b, there was some sticker shock to the cost. So, I did it the old fashioned way. XD
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Well when you think about it, the only other current way of transwarping is the Excelsior. This is a paid product, adding the transwarp function without a fee attached would mean circumventing an already pay function
Do they charge even if you use the excelsior?