Lt. Commander
In F2P blog 6 we were told:

Quote:
We're happy with the new KDF play and are looking forward to your feedback. Wed like to remind you, however, that this is only a temporary incarnation of the more full-fledged Klingon Faction that is in development for a future update.
http://startrekonline.com/node/2637

Thus far Cryptic has refused to give us an actual ETA for when this will happen, as Stormshade explains here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
No, we're not giving out specific information at all about when this update is planned to go live. Suffice to say, that if we were any other company, we wouldn't have even told you about this plan yet.

We really do pride ourselves on being very open with our community. However, when we publicly say, "Huge update with X, Y, and Z, coming in <insert time frame here>!" We're telling you, and everyone else.

This is going to be a big deal for us, and for STO. We're not going to spoil it by giving out more information on the subject before the right moment has arrived.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=75

Of course, many would agree that giving us an ETA(which means ESTIMATED time of arrival) isnt going to "spoil" anything, it would simply give people a general time frame to look forward to. However, Cryptic doesnt seem to feel that way. So my question is what do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post-F2P for the KDF to be "finished"?

*Click 2 Vote*

After you vote please share your thoughts. If your exact time period is not listed choose the closest one, choose "other", or feel free to abstain
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So my question is what do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post-F2P for the KDF to be "finished"?
Six months. Absolute and tops. the ground work is there, and they've claimed they've staffed up to deliver a veritable deluge of content...

So, assuming they get everything we have currently polished for F2P... they will be out of excuses for the trickle of shallow C-Store items that add nothing to the game experience.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
You can't post this. Any answer, real or guessed, may give us a date, that will Spoil us.

And you know what happens when we get spoiled now.

Man, things get rough. Think of Thunderdome with alot more hair spray.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
The way things have went for the Klingon faction. I think that the level increase to access Klingons in permanent. Everything is just lip service until I see them able to be played from level one, and a full faction.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
The way things have went for the Klingon faction. I think that the level increase to access Klingons in permanent. Everything is just lip service until I see them able to be played from level one, and a full faction.
It never occured to me that they would give the KDF a fair shake.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Just for clarification, the question which is the topic of this thread is not whether you think they will actually do it, but what you personally think a reasonable amount of time for it getting done.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just for clarification, the question which is the topic of this thread is not whether you think they will actually do it, but what you personally think a reasonable amount of time for it getting done.
The answer was they probably will never do it. The reasonable amount of time was a year ago.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
From Jan 17th, I would say April.

Anything more is ridiculous. Anything less is sloppy.

But it isn't going to happen, man.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Hard to say, I really don't know how long it takes to make a mission of suitable quality so based purely on how I feel about the issue, 6 months or so, any longer and I'd get the feeling they really weren't putting any effort into it.

Not every mission has to be spectacular though, that is to say, some missions could be technically good while others rely more heavily on the story. I play foundry missions and I'm regularly (pleasantly) surprised just how fun and memorable they can be. Again, I'm not a foundry author but I regularly hear about how basic the tool is and yet people working alone have made some brilliant stuff, presumably with the superior tools available to the devs and extra experiance using them should enable them to put out KDF missions at a steady rate if they were so inclined.

If they can't "finish" the KDF faction in a timely matter, would a steady stream of missions while gradually pushing back the starting level suffice? It may well for me.

Quote:
The reasonable amount of time was a year ago.
All that said though, I agree with this, they're playing catch up now so they better get started.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
The answer was they probably will never do it.
Once again, the question is not whether you think they will do it or not.

Quote:
The reasonable amount of time was a year ago.
Question in OP states post F2P and is not talking about the past.

If what you are trying to say is that you do not actually want to discuss the topic of the thread, so be it. I'm just trying to make sure you actually understand what was intended.