Lt. Commander
# 11
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Once again, the question is not whether you think they will do it or not.

Question in OP states post F2P and is not talking about the past.

If what you are trying to say is that you do not actually want to discuss the topic of the thread, so be it. I'm just trying to make sure you actually understand what was intended.
It is more of a Ten Forward thread though. A kind of Science Fiction Fantasy "Choose your own adventure"
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
In F2P blog 6 we were told:

http://startrekonline.com/node/2637

Quote:
We're happy with the new KDF play and are looking forward to your feedback. Wed like to remind you, however, that this is only a temporary incarnation of the more full-fledged Klingon Faction that is in development for a future update.
Thus far Cryptic has refused to give us an actual ETA for when this will happen, as Stormshade explains here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
No, we're not giving out specific information at all about when this update is planned to go live. Suffice to say, that if we were any other company, we wouldn't have even told you about this plan yet.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=75

Of course, many would agree that giving us an ETA(which means ESTIMATED time of arrival) isnt going to "spoil" anything, it would simply give people a general time frame to look forward to. However, Cryptic doesnt seem to feel that way. So my question is what do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post-F2P for the KDF to be "finished"?
Cryptic's ALWAYS happy with whatever they push out the door for STO of laye; and though it took me a long ime to finally realize; they're also ALWAYS claiming "<Insert content type> is BIG and COMING SOON."

Hell, I recall how the Doff system was WAY ahead of schedule, would be fully tested and released with Season 4 (back in July) and the full department head system will follow soon after. Here we are - 4 months post Season 4 with rthe Doff system shaping up okay, but NEEDING the two months to date (with two weeks to go before it hits Holodeck) to get it actually ready for F2P.

My point? Given Cryptic's performance history to daye (even under Dan Stahl) the "HUDGE KDF content patch" is probabbly still a figment of some STO Devs imagination and hasn't made it past the Whiteboard phase of "Yes, we want to do it after F2P launches..."; thus any ETA on such a vaporware concept at the moment is undwerstadable.

As to when it will be finished? After they fix crafting to be better (promised with the "We know you hate it but Dilithium is staying as a part of crafting..", and after they get the next FE series finished (Zero claims in the recent audio Priority One interview they take 5 months to finish, and the Devs were working late nights the day before release to get them out on time = and they DON'T want to do that anymore)...

Thus my guess: Sometime near the end of 2013 (assuming STO is still open for business)*

*- Above scheduled release date sybject to change at the drop of a hat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
6 months ago
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Thus my guess: Sometime near the end of 2013 (assuming STO is still open for business)*
So this is what YOU think is a reasonable amount of time? Because that is the question of this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Once again, the question is not whether you think they will do it or not.

Question in OP states post F2P and is not talking about the past.

If what you are trying to say is that you do not actually want to discuss the topic of the thread, so be it. I'm just trying to make sure you actually understand what was intended.
They wont be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time. I would agree with the other poster that six months is reasonable. It wont happen in my opinion.

I am trying to discuss it, I just don't think they can do it. I also believe that the reasonable amount of time pasted long ago.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
6 months ago
Quote:
So my question is what do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post-F2P for the KDF to be "finished"?
6 months ago is not post F2P, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I would agree with the other poster that six months is reasonable.
Thanks for responding to the actual question
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
It is more of a Ten Forward thread though. A kind of Science Fiction Fantasy "Choose your own adventure"
Not really. For whatever intentions they might have, Cryptic are in a 'removed' position from the community, and have said in the past that they do not play the game as much as we do, nor do they have the time. They've also said on multiple ocassions that while they read the forums, they do not have time to reply.

So if all this thread does is give them an idea of what the player base actually have in the way of expectations, I dont think it's a "Ten Forward" thread at all. It gives them a time frame with which to guage how annoyed we are.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
So my question is what do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post-F2P for the KDF to be "finished"?
... i would say about 1 month after the BIG push they couldn't easily start rolling out sinple "Converted" missions that are in Regulus and Pi Canis.

Doomsday anyone?

Most of those Patrol missions they are converting to "1 shot" short missions, could easily enough be given a KDF version (DXP/MXP missions )

It didn't take the Devs very long to grab a couple of the KDF foundry missions, clean them up, put them in a regular content.

So I would say like 3 Months after F2P-Day we SHOULD be able to see an improvement in the amount in KDF mission/content.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
So this is what YOU think is a reasonable amount of time? Because that is the question of this thread.
No, it's NOT what I think is a resonable amount of time. A resonable amount of time would be ASAP after F2P launch (4 months at most) - but that said, we both know what I stated is probably closer to what will happen, and post F2P we'll see Stromshade, Stephen D'Angelo, and whomever comes after him start 'spinning' and explaining that "it's coming, but first STO needs..." ad infinitum as they have been for the first 18 months.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
A resonable amount of time would be ASAP after F2P launch (4 months at most)
Thanks for your feedback