# 21
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Update: added a poll to the OP
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
No, it's NOT what I think is a resonable amount of time. A resonable amount of time would be ASAP after F2P launch (4 months at most) - but that said, we both know what I stated is probably closer to what will happen, and post F2P we'll see Stromshade, Stephen D'Angelo, and whomever comes after him start 'spinning' and explaining that "it's coming, but first STO needs..." ad infinitum as they have been for the first 18 months.
Burden of Proof.

Given the enormity of the F2P launch, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt up to and including the day the game goes Free to Play, as there are clear reasons that could (and I'm not saying do) explain the delays to date.

As soon as F2P goes live however, the reasons disappear, and all bets are off. Excuses of "...Just as soon as..." will be inexcusible, and nothing the Devs say will change it with the sole exception of patch notes that happen to list clear, progressive and noticeable additions to content.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
missed the post f2p part. I don't think any delay is reasonable anymore. sorry
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
As soon as F2P goes live however, the reasons disappear, and all bets are off. Excuses of "...Just as soon as..." will be inexcusible, and nothing the Devs say will change it with the sole exception of patch notes that happen to list clear, progressive and noticeable additions to content.
I agree. While it doesnt actually excuse the problem, the fact is this past year has been mostly out of Cryptic's control . First the sale, followed by a hiring freeze, and now the F2P transition. Not excuses, but facts. However as you state, after the F2P launch there will be no legitimate issue preventing normal development.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-14-2011, 05:34 PM
voted 3 Months.

It's enough time to have worked out the full player load of bugs/borks. 'm glad they are pushing the F2P transition early to Holodeck, it gives them the chance to fix that stuff first.
3 months seems reasonable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
missed the post f2p part. I don't think any delay is reasonable anymore. sorry
Just for clarity, your answer to the following question...

What do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post F2P to finish the KDF faction?

...is 0 days. Correct?
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just for clarity, your answer to the following question...

What do YOU think is a reasonable amount of time post F2P to finish the KDF faction?

...is 0 days. Correct?
lol, yes nagus
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Other -

KDF is DONE already!

Bring on the Rommies, dagnabit! :p
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Other -

KDF is DONE already!

Bring on the Rommies, dagnabit! :p
Burn him!!
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I voted for one year but being honest "done" and "reasonable" are such vague unbounded terms it's impossible to make a fair estimation. I think at this point regular progress toward developing the KDF is the best anyone can expect.