Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Academy... So Meh...
11-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I decided to take a break from messin with my Fed Tribble Toon and wanted to take a look at the new Klingon Digs.

Klingon Academy is kinda disappointing.

First City is such a work of art, with all the style and class you'd expect from a Klingon city. The Academy is like... well Rura Penthe has more class! Sheesh. I suppose the idea is to make the cadet endure the harsh environment. But, I was hoping for something more, let not make the players endure the harsh environment. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2011, 06:10 AM
It does need more life to make it appear alive ingame, but I understand why they went with the old, classic look and the atmosphere they used to portray it.
Being a graduate from the KDF Academy is akin to graduating from the highest War-college on Earth in RL.
It only produces the finest of warriors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2011, 08:11 AM
I other words it's an academy and not a boot camp.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I other words it's an academy and not a boot camp.
Given the nature of the Klingon spirit, It could be both. Boot Camp so the new Officers do not becoem soft yet Academy so they are also educated in more than just the brutalities of war.

It needs classes in both Tactics and the more sedate lessons of what it is to be a warrior, DI's shouting, Trainers flying overhead, ( at this point I just want to start grunting like Tim Allen)
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2011, 09:24 AM
So you mean Klingon Academy would be continued bootcamp (possibly to warm people up in the first 4-6 morning hours) while the actual techings of command and advanced combat beyond the things a soldier would learn are conducted after breakfast.

In that case we need more boot, more camp and more Mok'bara as well as more teaching classes.

And why do I suddenly feel hungry?:p
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
So you mean Klingon Academy would be continued bootcamp (possibly to warm people up in the first 4-6 morning hours) while the actual techings of command and advanced combat beyond the things a soldier would learn are conducted after breakfast.

In that case we need more boot, more camp and more Mok'bara as well as more teaching classes.

And why do I suddenly feel hungry?:p
Becuase you know that every meal time at the Academy is a Banquet, every drill a parade! I love the KDF!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Becuase you know that every meal time at the Academy is a Banquet, every drill a parade! I love the KDF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqgV...watch_response
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
< the picture of a happy Klingon >
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
< the picture of a happy Klingon >
Looks more like insane to me. But how can you tell the difference?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAh9K_h5dSg
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-16-2011, 02:00 AM
So in essence the Klingon Academy is currently more a location and not an actual place.
Even when you don't have anything to do there yourself it should feel like it's a place that has a function for those who are actually there.
SFA works for me because it feels like a place where people would actually live and learn.