Lt. Commander
# 11
11-16-2011, 02:06 AM
The bad thing is that the Klingon academy looks just... lazy done.

In the Starfleet academy zone you see the work that was put into it... there are very little envoiromental parts we have seen before, it has an amazing background ect ect...

The Klingon academy however is just... well it looks like just taken parts from gonalda and the old Quo'nos and just a few rocks between those... completly uninspired. And it feels very very... small.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Looks more like insane to me. But how can you tell the difference?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAh9K_h5dSg
Insanity is all in the mind of the holder.
Happiness is perception and the only true inalienable right.

This peaked my Interest though,
http://youtu.be/exAB1n8NeBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
The bad thing is that the Klingon academy looks just... lazy done.

In the Starfleet academy zone you see the work that was put into it... there are very little envoiromental parts we have seen before, it has an amazing background ect ect...

The Klingon academy however is just... well it looks like just taken parts from gonalda and the old Quo'nos and just a few rocks between those... completly uninspired. And it feels very very... small.
Unfortunately they could not use stuff from the video game Klingon Academy http://www.klingonacademy.com/
and had to go at it on thier own.
I like it, reminds me of StarkMoor from the Kings Blade series by Dave Duncan. A Old and lonely Building in an isolated local producing the finest warriors to sail teh void between stars.

It does need those loving KDF touches though to give it life and purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Life, yes that's what's missing here.

It could be isolated and harsh like Salusa Secundus from the Dune universe but even then it needs to be credible within the confines of the universe.
Not to mention you could probably fnd more life on Salusa Secundus which was nuked than in the Academy.

When there are Klingons around it's never lifeless.
Neither the Council Chambers nor the monastery on Boreth felt like this even though they'd probably be some of the most "calm" places you could find.
Yes class rooms would be calm for the most part since folks there would actually learn something but everything else should be filled with activity.

Or as the 4th Doctor said "places to go, things to do"
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I think I recognized an area that resembles Worf's Calisthenics Training Platform there. They need a few npc's jumping around there sparring.

Other than that I think the KDF Academy is "ok". Looks rugged but kinda of sparse and drab at the same time.

Plus, the "Lore of The Empire" missions is the same Federation Lore. Guess that can't be helped but there could be lots done here for improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Heh curious, I thought the klingon academy was more polished then the sterile looking SFA
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Nice looking zone. Bad looking academy IMHO.
Does look efficient enough to handle more than a couple of dozen of cadets at a time compared to the hundreds that sf academy can take.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-17-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Life, yes that's what's missing here.

It could be isolated and harsh like Salusa Secundus from the Dune universe but even then it needs to be credible within the confines of the universe.
"They say The Dead Gods created Qo'nos to train the faithfull and in that place they made the Akediem Tacticus to teach the best of those whom are blessed to be able to place foot upon its sacred soil.
We slew our Gods, but thier wisdom remains. " Cadmus Tor, DI year732 of the creation of the Academy.

Might make an interesting fanfiction.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Needs targets on the firing range, I want a functional place to go and test my new boom stick, and a pell, for bat'leth rage
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Personally, I wish everyone would stop hitting up on me when I'm there. Regardless of gender and species it's a constant refrain of "perhaps we should go someplace private"...
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pococurante
Personally, I wish everyone would stop hitting up on me when I'm there. Regardless of gender and species it's a constant refrain of "perhaps we should go someplace private"...
Hey, your sexy and it attracts people.
Live with it. :p