Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Episode 55 - Zero Hour with ZeroniusRex

Quote:
11 November 2011 | This week we have the privilege of speaking with Cryptic's newest Assistant Producer, ZeroniusRex. She was a pillar of STO's QA team and now she is knocking the bugs out of the design process! She brings us news and insight on the game, the culture at Cryptic, the Foundry and her favorite Star Trek series.

This episode features two Blank of the Week submissions, brought to us by @deffdog and Maximus92. DeffDog has created an amazing film quality Machinima intro sequence video for his RP Fleet “The Trust.” Maximus92, introduced us to a hilarious, and not necessarily family friendly, rap battle between Christopher Columbus and Capt. Kirk.

Also, be on the lookout for Alex's Comic Series with a Podcast Community Member cameo. Check it out here!

In STO News, James and Elijah talk about the most recent updates to Stephen D'angelo's Path to F2P DEV Blog and how some of the skill system, crafting and content changes could change things. James tells us about Trek Nation, a documentary by Gene Roddenberry's son, Rod Roddenberry, ten years in the making. It will premier 11-30-11 on the Science Channel.

Check out the new Priority One Facebook Page and say hello!

If you are a Fleet Admiral and are interested in joining one of our future shows to be interviewed about your fleet, please send us an email at If you are a Fleet Admiral and are interested in joining one of our future shows to be interviewed about your fleet, please send us an email at priorityone@thequantumcafe.com.

To get the missions you are making using The Foundry featured on the show, send in the name of your mission, a brief description, and your @handle to priorityone@thequantumcafe.com. Elijah and James will personally test out your mission and give you feedback over the air.

We have a call out to all Priority One fans for your ideas based on a monthly theme! Visit this thread to submit your ideas on any idea or feature you would like to see implemented in game.
STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):

Web: http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityone

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:

STOPriorityONE
---
After listening to the show, e-mail us at priorityone@thequantumcafe.com and let us know what you thought of the episode!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Great show as always guys

Loved the Zero interview, So she's a Kirk kinda girl eh?, I'm with Brandon on this its either Janeway or the Highway

Again thanks to Terilynn for her cameo in a special comic!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Listening now - comments later

Wow,Zeroniusrex sounds Ha-OT!

My lawyer will be contacting you about the anti-simian reprensentation portrayed in your show. :p

As well, I have a sinking feelings that the short "um..." pause when Zeroniuos was talking about the love of the playerbase by Cryptic, she was about to say Except Roach.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks again for having me on the show, gentlemen; I had a ton of fun!

And yes yes, I <3 Kirk.

(I'm sure I'll have more comments later once I actually get a chance to listen to the show. LOL)
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Thanks again for having me on the show, gentlemen; I had a ton of fun!

And yes yes, I <3 Kirk.

(I'm sure I'll have more comments later once I actually get a chance to listen to the show. LOL)
Congratulations on the trailer work. Hopefully the new job is less stressful than getting sucked out of a hull breach. ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow. Nice spoiler Zero.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2011, 11:42 AM
BTW, I gotta say, Zero, if I ever got a genie's lamp and wound up on the content team (don't worry, I'd have two more wishes as backups), I'd seriously look at daily missions as the fun cheesy action element.

I really think what STO has always been missing is that "seduce or destroy", campy aesthetic. Rocking ship interiors where it's a challenge to stay up. Unarmed melee brawl riots in the mess hall.

Take all those stock plots. Transporter malfunctions. Evil twins. Dancing green women. Bar fights.

I get making the features more serious. And I think the DOff system seems great for folks who want to micromanage and strategize a hundred crew members' paperwork. But I think repeatable stuff pops more if it's a bit more unhinged, wacky, fun, iconic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Listening now - comments later

Wow,Zeroniusrex sounds Ha-OT!

My lawyer will be contacting you about the anti-simian reprensentation portrayed in your show. :p

As well, I have a sinking feelings that the short "um..." pause when Zeroniuos was talking about the love of the playerbase by Cryptic, she was about to say Except Roach.
I've seen pics of her....she is Ha-OT!

Except Roach? Nah man.....everybody loves the Roach.....even with my winning smile,there is no love for sharks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Awesome, Kirk, plus first world problems, along with the 'spoilers' and explanations of some stuff. Great show fella's!
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Nice Nice

P.S.
So if you podcast you are aloud to use PNG signatures?