Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm a VA Engineer using an Excelsior Retrofit. I have become bored with it, and would like to buy another ship. Can anyone provide some suggestions, in terms of alternative ships for VA level?

I don't want to get a replacement ship that is a "major downgrade" from the Excelsior I presently use. However, I would really like to spread out my bridge officers on a ship that has 2 Eng, 2 Sci, and 2 Tac slots, instead of 3 in the same category. What is the most versatile ship?

Suggestions appreciated. Welcomed. Whether I buy from the C-Store, or just in-game ships, either are viable options for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
I'm a VA Engineer using an Excelsior Retrofit. I have become bored with it, and would like to buy another ship. Can anyone provide some suggestions, in terms of alternative ships for VA level?

I don't want to get a replacement ship that is a "major downgrade" from the Excelsior I presently use. However, I would really like to spread out my bridge officers on a ship that has 2 Eng, 2 Sci, and 2 Tac slots, instead of 3 in the same category. What is the most versatile ship?

Suggestions appreciated. Welcomed. Whether I buy from the C-Store, or just in-game ships, either are viable options for me.
Well it depends on what you want from a ship and how you play. Haven't tired the retrofit excelsior but have had the ordinary excelisor. Maybe a star or assult crusier or galaxy X, i have a assult cruiser for both my engineer and tact officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
I'm a VA Engineer using an Excelsior Retrofit. I have become bored with it, and would like to buy another ship. Can anyone provide some suggestions, in terms of alternative ships for VA level?

I don't want to get a replacement ship that is a "major downgrade" from the Excelsior I presently use. However, I would really like to spread out my bridge officers on a ship that has 2 Eng, 2 Sci, and 2 Tac slots, instead of 3 in the same category. What is the most versatile ship?

Suggestions appreciated. Welcomed. Whether I buy from the C-Store, or just in-game ships, either are viable options for me.
Well there is obviously no ship with 2 eng 2sci 2 tac.

The options are limitet... but people seem to forget that the so called "VA ships" are none better then the RA ships, all are T5 and the Star Cruiser is considered by MANY as the best cruiser ingame.
That one would have a cmd and lc eng slot, lt sci and tac slots and an ensign sci slot.... is ugly as hell and has a very low turnrate.

The other option would be the souvereign or Gx, both have the same layout in BOs beside the ensign slot beeing a tac slot.
The Gx can eqip cannons, has the phaser lance and cloak, nice one, but expensive.
The souvereign turns much better and has more console slots.

Then there would be the Galaxy retrofit... but since you are bored by the 3 eng slots on the excelsior I guess thats not your ship...

ANOTHER option would by trying an escort for a while.... flys very good with an enginier, too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
You might like the Multivector AE or the Nebula. The nebula would handle more like a cruiser and you get some flexibility from the LT Universal station. The multivector has LT Commander science officer, so it has a good mix of powers available.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Another option...while I have no time frame for you...is to wait.

The Odyssey is probably going to be released in 1st Quarter 2012.

This ship is probably going to have...

1 Com Eng
1 Lt Com Sci
1 Lt Eng
1 Lt Tac
1 Ens Eng

But again...3 Engi slots
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well there is obviously no ship with 2 eng 2sci 2 tac.
Was a typo. For clarification, I meant a 2, 2, 1 combination
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
ANOTHER option would by trying an escort for a while.... flys very good with an enginier, too.
What would you suggest would be a good escort for a VA Engineer?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Merriman
Was a typo. For clarification, I meant a 2, 2, 1 combination
If you mean 2 eng 2 sci 1 tac by that then the Star Cruiser sounds like "your" ship.
Again.... I'd agree on that being the strongest cruiser ingame but I cant see past its... uglyness...

I see a chance that the Odysee class will have a similar layout btw, since we dont have a second sci-focused cruiser yet.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.