Lt. Commander
# 1 STOked Episode 103: A New Hope
11-15-2011, 08:45 AM
STOked Episode 103 is up and available for your podcasting pleasure!
Quote:
Star Trek Online’s Free to Play date has been announced, and details on when existing players will get their hands on all the new changes, and we cover it all!

Plus: Is Star Wars The Old Republic a threat to Star Trek Online? We share our thoughts on the elephant in the room!

Then – you’re going to love our Foundry Files pick this week, Niki’s MATH update on the formulas behind skill bonuses, and you Doff system fans won’t want to miss Community Feedback!
As always, you can find it here at Jupiter Broadcasting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
It's people like you that drive my totally crazy. For the last two weeks I've been hearing NOTHING but how negative I am, how negative the show is, that we rant too much in the round tables... On and on.

Now this week, according to you, I only loft softballs and Cryptic.

This is nearly too much, more and more I'm not sure why I bother to make a podcast for such a difficult to please community. I question why I bother.
-Chris
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Listening now.

Also why are thier no reps from JF on TIE?
http://holosuitemagazine.com/blog/ca...es-in-ecstasy/

I like the math segment with Niki but she is such a soft spoken person I find it hard to follow her.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Basically endorsing forcing PAID subscribers to test F2P on the Live server..
I've been doing that for the past month already...
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Fisher
It's people like you that drive my totally crazy. For the last two weeks I've been hearing NOTHING but how negative I am, how negative the show is, that we rant too much in the round tables... On and on.

This is nearly too much, more and more I'm not sure why I bother to make a podcast for such a difficult to please community. I question why I bother.
-Chris
Personally - since you started the roundtable, you (and hell even Peregrine Falcon who many times has labled me tyhe leader of the "Cryptic Defense Force" - whatever that is); have been rather lenient on the F2P conversion and glossed ovver or ignored a number of issues that have been brought up in the Forums (which you go over before the shows.)

Mine's just one opinion, but I call it as I see it and again, endorsing the fact that Cryptic (who I guess doesn't feel the Feedback from Tribble is useful any llonger, even though Tribble seems more populated then the Live server of late) - basically is forcing the current paid subscriber base to test the UNFINISHED F2P build for 6 weeks prior to the 'official' launch is a GOOD thing? Really?

I have disdain for ANY MMO company that uses the paid playerbase and its Live server as a beta shard for 6 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
As much as you might like to see it, most people don't want to watch this show to get bummed out.
That pretty much summed it up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Personally - since you started the roundtable, you have been rather lenient on the F2P conversion and glossed ovver or ignored a number of issues that have been brought up in the Forums (which you go over before the shows.)

Mine's just one opinion, but I call it as I see it and again, endorsing the fact that Cryptic (who I guess doesn't feel the Feedback from Tribble is useful any llonger, even though Tribble seems more populated then the Live server of late) - basically is forcing the current paid subscriber base to test the UNFINISHED F2P build for 6 weeks prior to the 'official' launch is a GOOD thing? Really?

I have disdain for ANY MMO company that uses the paid playerbase and its Live server as a beta shard for 6 weeks.
We're not forced to go on Tribble and stuff. If one wanted to play on the live server and not the test server, that's your choice. No one's forcing a player to select Tribble and forcing them to click engage.

I personally think STOked has done a good job at discussing the F2P changes and stuff without getting into rage, which does make for a more sensible conversation. Our community is made up of two groups, Star Trek fans and MMO players..two groups in which it's very difficult to please anyway, much less when they're combined.

I'm fortunate that Cryptic has given us the chance to test the F2P stuff and to offer our feedback on things rather than just having stuff pushed onto us. And I'm glad that STOked has dicussed the F2P issues, the good stuff and the bad, without resulting to rage or hyperbole. I continue to look forward to the weekly STOked episodes even with the slight change in format, and will peep this week's episode when I get back home.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Fisher

-Chris
Why do you run the podcast?

Are you doing it to make everyone happy? Or to present STO as you see it? Or something else?

I'm asking because it seems like you are trying to make everyone happy and that just isn't possible. Some people will always be critical. Just got to look at it, analyze, decide if its important and go from there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Personally - since you started the roundtable, you (and hell even Peregrine Falcon who many times has labled me tyhe leader of the "Cryptic Defense Force" - whatever that is); have been rather lenient on the F2P conversion and glossed ovver or ignored a number of issues that have been brought up in the Forums (which you go over before the shows.)

I don't quite follow your logic here. Cryptic releasing the F2P patch to Holodeck is a smart decision on their end. Personally I've got like 10 VA's that I'll have to respec, and get situated with the DOFF system. Having that extra time to fit my characters out is welcomed by me. That way once F2P hits I can focus more on helping people, and playing though all the new stuff. Plus as we have found, not always do Tribble to Holodeck patches go right so that should give the team some time to make sure its smooth for all the new players.

Chris, keep doing the show man. It's got some growing pains to move though, because the J-Man was a great part of the show, and its hard to fill his shoes. I personally think you do an awesome job.
Closed Thread