Lt. Commander
# 21
11-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Fisher
Thanks

The other big thing I keep in perspective when shooting these episodes, STOked is picking up more and more general MMO players that are trying to learn about STO, the F2P details, and get a sense of the community.

We've got as many people watching STOked who play the game, as those who don't yet.

I take that responsibility seriously. That means I pick and choose my battles, and when I fire off about something it hits a bit harder as a result.
-Chris
So, I take it you're in agreement with:

- The "Must Play All One Way Every Time On Every Character" state of storline mission pogression; and the fact that Storyline missions offer no Dilithium; and further that no Storyline mission rewards (except for the former FE series content) do NOT scale; even thoiugh the mission MOBs don?
^^^^
haven't really seen this issue covered on STOked; and I think it's one geberal MMO players would be interest in.

- The tieing in of Dilithium and an intergral component to the Crafting system. And with how this is set to gom Live, it'll be the first F2P game that does this (Even other PWE F2P game don''t)
^^^
This is a huge issue to a good portion of the STO community and while the uproar was mentioned on STOked; the Dev response (which came back as "Sorry, we know it's unpopular but it's going Live. We'll fix it later...promise" has not been mentioned.

Then there's Stephen D'Angelo's comments from the interview STOked did with him directly of: (link to STOked interview comment I'll refer to)

Steven D'Angelo: " This is my chance to Re-launch Star Trek...to really make it the game we wanted it to be..."

Well, those of us who've played on Tribble now pretty much see what the F2P version will be (it's going to the LIVE server in two weeks). Do you at STOked and Jupiter Force think Cryptic ddelivered; and that this is the game they REALLY wanted two years ago?

^^^^
So, again sorry, when I see Chris say - "there's really no much to talk about this week" - I gotta go "Huh?" There's a wealth of STO F2P issues still in flux and if it's 'not new' per se, it's only because the Dev team still hasn't really addressed them; yet all this get glossed over. (IMO).
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Some mission rewards do now scale, mainly those before the Devidian episodes. But there is a point when the reward scaling suddenly stops, it's after the Briar Patch mission. I hope the next bunch of scaling rewards will come out this Thursday, along with the still failing patrol turn-ins (I've opened a special thread in the tribble bug forum about those).
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Armsman you are obviously once again, amped up and taking this thread way off topic.

The crafting system issues, and the mission progression chain problems we covered in episodes 101 and 102.

If you're going to contiune claim we don't cover these topics, then I'm going to start dismissing your criticism of what we talk about. You obviously don't watch the show.
-Chris
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
Some mission rewards do now scale, mainly those before the Devidian episodes. But there is a point when the reward scaling suddenly stops, it's after the Briar Patch mission. I hope the next bunch of scaling rewards will come out this Thursday, along with the still failing patrol turn-ins (I've opened a special thread in the tribble bug forum about those).
I noted that as te Davidian Series WAS an FE series (and all FE series content that was worked in still scales with regard to rewards - meaning the Breen and Obisek Romulan missions are also included.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
As well as "Doomsday Device" which has been revamped like "Stranded in Space" and "Diplomatic Orders".

Sorry for going a bit off-topic there, but just to say: I do watch the show, just in case you thought I don't. I know those topics were touched, and that's good. However, some of the more serious issues probably need to get mentioned again and again, until they're eventually noticed and confirmed to be changed.

You wanted feedback, there we give it to you. 95% of the show is really great, and I have repeatedly told you so, not just in here, but also in the feedback area of the source page. It's just those 5% we're talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
So, I take it you're in agreement with:

- The "Must Play All One Way Every Time On Every Character" state of storyline mission progression; and the fact that Storyline missions offer no Dilithium; and further that no Storyline mission rewards (except for the former FE series content) do NOT scale; even though the mission MOBs don?
^^^^
haven't really seen this issue covered on STOked; and I think it's one geberal MMO players would be interest in.

- The tieing in of Dilithium and an intergral component to the Crafting system. And with how this is set to gom Live, it'll be the first F2P game that does this (Even other PWE F2P game don''t)
^^^
This is a huge issue to a good portion of the STO community and while the uproar was mentioned on STOked; the Dev response (which came back as "Sorry, we know it's unpopular but it's going Live. We'll fix it later...promise" has not been mentioned.

Then there's Stephen D'Angelo's comments from the interview STOked did with him directly of: (link to STOked interview comment I'll refer to)

Steven D'Angelo: " This is my chance to Re-launch Star Trek...to really make it the game we wanted it to be..."

Well, those of us who've played on Tribble now pretty much see what the F2P version will be (it's going to the LIVE server in two weeks). Do you at STOked and Jupiter Force think Cryptic delivered; and that this is the game they REALLY wanted two years ago?

^^^^
So, again sorry, when I see Chris say - "there's really no much to talk about this week" - I gotta go "Huh?" There's a wealth of STO F2P issues still in flux and if it's 'not new' per se, it's only because the Dev team still hasn't really addressed them; yet all this get glossed over. (IMO).
Just a heads up about the missions...

I just started another new Toon on Tribble this week and I've noticed that They have once again, revamped the Mission Rewards on the first few ones that I have done...

The items I have received so far on my new SCI toon are quite nice and very helpful for a low level character. (they are scaled to this particular toon BTW)

There's no Dilithium attached (yet?), and they do still seem to be sequentially gated...,

...but They ARE working on improving them with each patch, so perhaps one might be jumping the gun a bit, when one complains about them at this stage.

Also Chris, I watch the show every week...Yer doing fine... It is both informative and entertaining at the same time...

Don't let the nay-sayers get to ya.

And NO, I am definitely NOT a paid member of the CDF, one can check my posts for confirmation.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Just a heads up about the missions...

I just started another new Toon on Tribble this week and I've noticed that They have once again, revamped the Mission Rewards on the first few ones that I have done...

The items I have recieved so far on my new SCI toon are quite nice and very helpful for a low level character. (they are scaled to this particular toon BTW)

There's no Dilithium attachd (yet?), and they do still seem to be sequentially gated...,

...but They ARE working on improving them with each patch, so perhaps one might be jumping the gun a bit, when one complains about them at this stage.

(and NO, I am not a paid member of the CDF)
As was mentioned it does look like teh Remastered stuff (of which the SS Azura mission - which is pretty much where a new player is steered to from ESD - is one.) Diplomatic Orders and The Doomsday Device are the other two Remastered missions to date.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Fisher
Armsman you are obviously once again, amped up and taking this thread way off topic.

The crafting system issues, and the mission progression chain problems we covered in episodes 101 and 102.

If you're going to contiune claim we don't cover these topics, then I'm going to start dismissing your criticism of what we talk about. You obviously don't watch the show.
-Chris
he not amped up about anything, these are facts. dismissing him, out of hand indicates to me, that you have your mind set and will report what you want to no matter the facts. If you are attempting to be "unbiased and fair" then this indicates you are failing to do so. I will admit I do not watch the show. Ages back when things were not going well for the game i watched one show, and to be honest it was in my opinion nothing but a cheer fest for cryptic, at that point I stopped watching. I am highly critical of the STO dev team at time but have and will also support them when they have made steps that i feel are worth my support. At times if feels you will support them no matter the state of things.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM
I do not personally care for any of the wanna be elitists of Stoked, but I do understand every squirrel is trying to get a nut.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
As was mentioned it does look like teh Remastered stuff (of which the SS Azura mission - which is pretty much where a new player is steered to from ESD - is one.) Diplomatic Orders and The Doomsday Device are the other two Remastered missions to date.
I wasn't talking about just the remastered ones... I've done the first four so far and even though they have not been tweeked within the storyline themselves, the Rewards have been completely reworked and so far, more than make up for the lack of Dilithium not being given (IMO).

I'm just saying that the missions are very much apparently a 'Work In Progress' at this time and one should probably not be using them as a basis for condemnation of the overall revamp.

One might want to hold back a little bit of that rage, for when everything actually hits on January 17th, 2012.
Closed Thread