Lt. Commander
# 11
11-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Which is a new thing to me. Beamscorts..... Looking forward to trying it though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Funny thing is I fly a Kar' Fi right now over the Vo'Quv and Marauder as a single cannon boat and it does great with my engineer but my science officers flies my Vo'Quv.

I think the Marauder console in the current state is silly as it is just a better boarding party power and not a flight or frigate. I believe it needs to be a heavy shuttle type craft that send out Marauding parties and can still fly around and use an energy weapon and a torp or mine. Also it needs to be a Marauder only pet. Maybe bigger then a fighter and smaller then BoP.

Can we get some dev feedback on this please.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Try getting in close & comboing that power with a target engines subsystem, and a subnucleonic beam & your opponent now needs all 3 teams on him, which can be brutal if you're 1v1 or if his buddies aren't giving out teams like candy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-22-2011, 07:53 AM
I like the random subsystem shutdown of Maurauding parties.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-24-2011, 06:11 AM
im messing with a DHC/Quad Kar-Fi with the new marauding force (which is really nice now) and orion interceptors...

CRF1,BOL3,APB1, HYT1 and Tac Team1

Grav Well III, photonic officer II, energy syphon I
Front= DHC,Quad,Dual Beam and Tricobalt
Rear= 2x Turret and Transphasic cluster
Breen set for the bonuses

Active Defence is a little thin (TSS/HAZ/RSP 1) but the disables from the deployables act as passive defense and the tradeoff seems well worth it, think of it as a carrierscort (designed kill before being killed)

Its complimented with Blue Space DOFF's for grav well and photonic and a Green flight deck officer

In short OMG.......anything in the frontal arc is in serious trouble and with all the disables from the deployables, energy syphon and grav well its easy to make that happen

Defensivly its not too bad with the phase shift and the mass disables and shes not the same ship she was at release anymore...

Finding with a Sci capt at the helm she is easily into the t5.5 range which is quite a big upgrade from the t4-t4.5 zone she was at.

The ship with Orion deployables, the phase shift generator and DHC's finally feels like its got the synergy it was missing before.

Its certainly fun to fly and finally feels like a "Battle Carrier" now, I'm not sure about pvpperfomance cos its non existant on tribble but i get the feeling 1v1 with all those disables and so much full frontal firepower...she'd be a handful

Its a Sci ship.... but not... and now it finally feels worth flying beyond novelty value and is viable alongside BOP's, Raptors and BC's
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-24-2011, 06:45 AM
For PvE I found the voQ is fun with a lot of Turrets and a torp/DBB load out up front.
I must say that the Tribble mechanics do make the carrier more entertainig to play.
I'm still working on my Kar'fi.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-24-2011, 08:42 AM
I admit the new deployable options give a lot more versatility than before...as do the pet controls.

Kar-Fi was always a nice concept but the execution of a Battle Carrier was never quite right... it was always the "not quite" ship (short 1 bay so not quite a carrier, didnt quite have the teeth due to no cannons, didnt quite have the turn rate to use dual beams/cannons anways, didnt quite have the tank to be able to use the Cmdr SCI offensivly without totally gimpimg DEF...wasnt quite T5)

With the hvy torp changes, an extra fighter bay, the phase gen mod and dual heavy cannon access...its now a ship thats fun and different to anything else in the game... but most importantly... its now viable and different but NOT "Better" than other ships.

I DEFINITLY think Carriers as of last Tribble patch are close to perfect now...hopefully they dont change too much with the deployables or hulls from this point on.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Only problem I see with that setup you have is they need to give transphasic projectiles a revamp before they get done with the projectile changes.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Only problem I see with that setup you have is they need to give transphasic projectiles a revamp before they get done with the projectile changes.
Assuming you're referring to the Breen set, it's been changed on Tribble to a kinetic buff rather than Transphasic. It's a +30% kinetic weapons buff so a little more than a rare Mk XI console which is +26% for weapon specific consoles and almost double a generic torpedo console which is +16% IIRC.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbg View Post
Ok I never even guessed that there would be a Doff to help carriers out. With that information it may make a big difference on what pets I use. Yes the durability is good but now I would love them to denerf the durability of the Vo'Quv but I'm just wish listing at this point.
It seems that certain Doffs like Engineering, Science and Medical and can only have one Doff slotted at a time; however, Operations can slot multiple Doffs.

Have you guys found good Doff setups for your Carriers?

This is what Ive got going for my VoQuv ATM.

Slotted Space Doffs:
Engineering 1 maintenance Engineer (Reduce Cool Downs for ET and ASIF)
Operations 2 Flight Deck Officers (Speeds up Launch Times for Carriers)
Science 1 Gravimetric Officer (Sometimes Creates 2 Gravity Wells)
Medical 1 Emergency Medical Hologram (Speeds up Crew Recovery)

Ive slotted two Flight Deck Doffs on my VoQuv and cut my launch time down on my Orion Slavers from 30 seconds to 15 seconds per wave.

There seems to be a bit of diminished returns with slotting the same type of Doff but I can live with it.

Im hoping that Cryptic fixes the Bug that keeps all of the Carriers Deployable Craft from attacking except the Orion Slavers, I want my BOP back!

The slavers are just too soft and their damage is downright laughable.

Back to Doff slotting for a second:

Im not sure what the limit is on ground Doffs.
On my KDF Science Captain I currently have:
1 Doctor (Seems to be limited to 1)
3 Medics (Does not seem to have a limit) (Nice when you get the proxy)
1 Biologist (Seems to be limited to 1)

Science Captains really got the short end of the stick when it comes to available Doffs that boost ground science skills.