Lt. Commander
# 21
11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
It seems that certain Doffs like Engineering, Science and Medical and can only have one Doff slotted at a time; however, Operations can slot multiple Doffs.

Have you guys found good Doff setups for your Carriers?

This is what Ive got going for my VoQuv ATM.

Slotted Space Doffs:
Engineering 1 maintenance Engineer (Reduce Cool Downs for ET and ASIF)
Operations 2 Flight Deck Officers (Speeds up Launch Times for Carriers)
Science 1 Gravimetric Officer (Sometimes Creates 2 Gravity Wells)
Medical 1 Emergency Medical Hologram (Speeds up Crew Recovery)

Ive slotted two Flight Deck Doffs on my VoQuv and cut my launch time down on my Orion Slavers from 30 seconds to 15 seconds per wave.

There seems to be a bit of diminished returns with slotting the same type of Doff but I can live with it.

Im hoping that Cryptic fixes the Bug that keeps all of the Carriers Deployable Craft from attacking except the Orion Slavers, I want my BOP back!

The slavers are just too soft and their damage is downright laughable.

Back to Doff slotting for a second:

Im not sure what the limit is on ground Doffs.
On my KDF Science Captain I currently have:
1 Doctor (Seems to be limited to 1)
3 Medics (Does not seem to have a limit) (Nice when you get the proxy)
1 Biologist (Seems to be limited to 1)

Science Captains really got the short end of the stick when it comes to available Doffs that boost ground science skills.
Out of curiosity, was there a particular reason you decided to restrict the duty officers you are slotting to your captain's career?

Slotting limitations is entirely based on balance; if we couldn't find a way to make the effect scale in a noticeable fashion without breaking the balance, we restricted that specialization to one slotted. We would like to add additional specializations as time goes on.

We'll review the Orion Slavers.

There is not, btw, any diminishing return for slotting multiple duty officers of the same specialization. It all stacks.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Out of curiosity, was there a particular reason you decided to restrict the duty officers you are slotting to your captain's career?

Slotting limitations is entirely based on balance; if we couldn't find a way to make the effect scale in a noticeable fashion without breaking the balance, we restricted that specialization to one slotted. We would like to add additional specializations as time goes on.

We'll review the Orion Slavers.

There is not, btw, any diminishing return for slotting multiple duty officers of the same specialization. It all stacks.
If your takling about the Ground Doffs that I sloted, then yes I went with Doffs that boost the skills that my science Captain uses.

I have not been running anything solo since I started testing on Tribble about a month or so ago.

I'm not sure if slotting Doffs that help Tactical or Engineering will yield any benfit to my Bridge Officers so I slotted Doffs that I knew that I'd be able to use when I'm teaming with other Players.

If Doffs do help out my NPC Bridge Officers, I'll find a set of Doffs that help them out for when I run solo missions and just switch them out when I'm teaming.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
If your takling about the Ground Doffs that I sloted, then yes I went with Doffs that boost the skills that my science Captain uses.

I have not been running anything solo since I started testing on Tribble about a month or so ago.

I'm not sure if slotting Doffs that help Tactical or Engineering will yield any benfit to my Bridge Officers so I slotted Doffs that I knew that I'd be able to use when I'm teaming with other Players.

If Doffs do help out my NPC Bridge Officers, I'll find a set of Doffs that help them out for when I run solo missions and just switch them out when I'm teaming.
Slotted duty officers will affect your bridge officers' abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Question about a specific doff type. The Purple Engy Fab Doffs (Armory, Fabrication, Explosives), are they supposed to be 100% 1 extra turret (like the tooltip) or 20% 2 Extra Turrets (like they were acting)?

Oh, By the way, you have made my day. I once have a massive amount of procs on my Turret Squad and had like 11 Type 3 Turrets in Play. It was amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
That's great to know!

I'll start looking for Doffs that I'll be able to use when I do solo runs.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Question about a specific doff type. The Purple Engy Fab Doffs (Armory, Fabrication, Explosives), are they supposed to be 100% 1 extra turret (like the tooltip) or 20% 2 Extra Turrets (like they were acting)?

Oh, By the way, you have made my day. I once have a massive amount of procs on my Turret Squad and had like 11 Type 3 Turrets in Play. It was amazing.
That particular one is a chance to proc an additional turret. A purple duty officer of that type is a 20% chance to proc two additional turrets.

So yes, it is operating as expected. Purple are awesome.

I actually hadn't thought of having multiple engineers with turrets...that could result in some rare circumstances with turrets replicating like bunnies. Neat.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
That particular one is a chance to proc an additional turret. A purple duty officer of that type is a 20% chance to proc two additional turrets.

So yes, it is operating as expected. Purple are awesome.

I actually hadn't thought of having multiple engineers with turrets...that could result in some rare circumstances with turrets replicating like bunnies. Neat.
Then there's a problem with the description. The purples are described as an automatic, 100% 1 extra.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Ok I played again on the test server and I have a little more feedback.

What you all did to the Kar'Fi is great and if I have not said it yet already I love the new build. What you have on tribble is just amazingly good. Both of the Kar'fi pets work better then I could have hoped for.

I also got to check out the power change for the Marauder pets. I have played with them both as the boarding party spread and now as the shuttle beaming pets. I do like the changes to those pets. They do a small amount of dps but what they give you makes up for it.

I do have two question I would like to ask the Devs.

1. Will we see a different model for the Marauder Force and not the standard shuttle something more Orion styled?

2. As I transferred over one of my guys that has a Kar'Fi to the test server I did not see the new console anywhere. When we get the updated to live how will players already using this ship get the new console?

Thank you Cryptic for really working hard on STO and helping us Klingons out big time.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Then there's a problem with the description. The purples are described as an automatic, 100% 1 extra.
The regular description looks good on the data side, so it looks like an issue with the autodesc function. I will look into it, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbg View Post
I do have two question I would like to ask the Devs.

1. Will we see a different model for the Marauder Force and not the standard shuttle something more Orion styled?

2. As I transferred over one of my guys that has a Kar'Fi to the test server I did not see the new console anywhere. When we get the updated to live how will players already using this ship get the new console?

Thank you Cryptic for really working hard on STO and helping us Klingons out big time.
We've discussed a different model for Marauder Force, and it's a possibility. We'd been hesitating on it because we weren't honestly sure how many people would even notice the difference given the size of the shuttles.

On Holodeck, players who already have a ship like the Kar'fi who are getting a console should automatically receive it. It's all done by script, though, which is probably why your transferred Kar'fi didn't see the additional console.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-30-2011, 06:45 PM
As a Fanatic carrier pilot I can say that I know that most do look at our fighter wings. That is mostly the Devs fault for making them so cool looking. As an example I noticed and do like to new model for the Orion Slavers and thank you very much for making a new model for them.

Beyond all the other things discussed about the carriers here are two things I would like to see added or maybe talked about over at Cryptic.

1. A counter to show how many fighter/ships you have out at any given time and then a number next to it showing the total number of ships you can have out. Ex: 0/4 or 10/16

This would help you keep track of your ships in the middle of heavy combats and not waste your cool downs when it is unneeded.

2. Give us crazy carrier players a reason to play Fed! Even if they only get a fight deck carrier and not a full on carrier that would give me and some of the others reasons to explore the rest of the game.