Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Green, Blue and Purple duty officers will never be killed/removed in assignments during the normal course of events, although certain assignments (with the red warning text in the description, such as Reassignments or Executions) can bypass this general rule.

Green, Blue and Purple duty officers can, however, wind up in Sickbay.

Regarding the Entertain Foreign Dignitaries, it is showing up internally as "Low" risk to me, so something probably changed in the UI code (likely with displaying rounding errors) between the version you have on Tribble and the one we are working on internally.
Tsk Tsk Tsk... Reminds me of that episode of family guy:

Capt. Kirk: This mission is extremely dangerous, and it's likely some of us will not be coming back. The away team will consist of myself, mr. spock, doctor mccoy... and ensign ricky.

Ens. Ricky: Aww crap...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I disagree but not for the reason you think. I had a string of successes with white duty officers before, they were apparently the finest crew in Starfleet. My duty officers started dying more, but on dumb missions like trade negotiation or something. I got a visual of myself walking down to sickbay and standing over a dying man's bed like "What the hell happened down there?!"

I think there should be reduced casualty rates on missions like that, which are awful high. I also think the military missions need some changes. For example, why are we pounding the ground to reinforce troops but there are no:
  • Rescue missions of crashed shuttlecraft
  • Steal an enemy bioweapon
  • Extract an enemy intelligence asset
  • Send an away team to expose a government coup

This stuff was in the show, AR-558 was one episode. I guess they're not mutually exclusive.

Too bad we don't have "Marines" or "MACOs" as a separate department.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
In addition, I know that the coding of DOFFs means that there's really no difference between an EMH and any other officer besides job description, but really.. there should be.

My EMH shouldn't end up in sickbay. Holograms don't get sick or injured. If their program is screwed up, Engineering can take care of them.

As well, my EMH shouldn't be telepathic, or a Founder of the Federation.

I'd also like it if EMH's would classify as Doctors, as they are actually doctors.

In fact, EMH shouldn't even be in the DOFFs. They should be categorized as a species of photonic lifeform, or whatever you want to call them.. but they are still doctors, or nurses, or if you want to, they can be photonic science officers, tactical officers, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
In fact, EMH shouldn't even be in the DOFFs. They should be categorized as a species of photonic lifeform, or whatever you want to call them.. but they are still doctors, or nurses, or if you want to, they can be photonic science officers, tactical officers, etc.
I think the devs have said this is exactly the plan for a future build -- no more EMH and instead photonic officers, but I'm not 100% certain.

Anyway, I'd like to know what kinds of injuries my sci officers are getting from standing around looking at their screens. Do they have carpel tunnel syndrome problems in the future? Blod clots from sitting in their chairs for too long? Eye strain?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack_dorgeans View Post
I think the devs have said this is exactly the plan for a future build -- no more EMH and instead photonic officers, but I'm not 100% certain.

Anyway, I'd like to know what kinds of injuries my sci officers are getting from standing around looking at their screens. Do they have carpel tunnel syndrome problems in the future? Blod clots from sitting in their chairs for too long? Eye strain?
You need to put glare filters on your LCARS to prevent eye strain injuries.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Lost another KDF common science officer to a simple scan mission yesterday.

Do Klingons scan by jumping out the airlock with a tricorder but no space suit?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Green, Blue and Purple duty officers will never be killed/removed in assignments during the normal course of events, although certain assignments (with the red warning text in the description, such as Reassignments or Executions) can bypass this general rule.
Right now, my Klingon Toon has Two Missions for Reassign, and One for Execute for Incompetence.

My question to the team, or others who may have a specific reason, Why would anybody want to do either of those? Is there some way to show that the DOFF personnel has in fact acted Incompetently or out right Stupidly?

Frankly, I do not get that deep into the RP that some players do in the game, and I would see no reason what-so-ever to do either of those actions.


My one issues with the DOFF's in general is that most of them have the same, or very similar, Attributes.
(On my Klingon Toon)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Right now, my Klingon Toon has Two Missions for Reassign, and One for Execute for Incompetence.

My question to the team, or others who may have a specific reason, Why would anybody want to do either of those? Is there some way to show that the DOFF personnel has in fact acted Incompetently or out right Stupidly?

Frankly, I do not get that deep into the RP that some players do in the game, and I would see no reason what-so-ever to do either of those actions.


My one issues with the DOFF's in general is that most of them have the same, or very similar, Attributes.
(On my Klingon Toon)
So far as I can tell, the only advantage to killing off or reassigning DOFFs is to weed out ones you don't want so you can stay under the roster limit and get new ones. Rather than simply sell them on the exchange, where they might not be in demand, you can get CXP for development and recruitment categories. A critical success on an "Execute for Incompetence" assignment is actually a nice CXP reward.

I also had a blue rarity assignment that let me put something like 5 DOFFs in front of a firing squad. It probably wasn't worth it, but I did it anyway because I was near the roster cap.

Edit: I wonder if Starfleet will add a court martial assignment...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Maybe we could send them to Rura Pente??
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 PM.