Lt. Commander
# 1 Mabey someone can help
11-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Put these questions on other forums but got no answer from Cryptic. So I thought mabey one of you guys'n'gals might help me out.

I been a subber since head start. I looked over the F2P Matrix and saw that Gold Members get 3 character slots. So what happens to my other characters, including slots I bought in C-Store? Do I just lose them? Able to select the 3 I get to keep?

Second - I logged in and patched to Tribble and when it came to loading screen my VA I transferred way back was gone. What happened there?

I realize there may be answers out there - somewhere, but I would appreciate some help with these questions from players who already know. I can sift thru the flamers, thats ok.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-15-2011, 07:47 PM
When did you transfer the character to tribble? A couple months ago, the old Tribble became Redshirt, and Tribble became a beta server for the main F2P build. New Tribble started fresh, for the first couple weeks it was new characters only, then they allowed fresh holodeck transfers, but it never got characters from the old Tribble.

If your transferred character is still around, it'd probably be on Redshirt. I'm not sure if that one got wiped or not, but test server characters have never been guaranteed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Any slots you bought will always be yours. And your character on Tribble was wiped when they put the F2P test on there. You can transfer any of your live characters over right now though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryst6 View Post
Put these questions on other forums but got no answer from Cryptic. So I thought mabey one of you guys'n'gals might help me out.

I been a subber since head start. I looked over the F2P Matrix and saw that Gold Members get 3 character slots. So what happens to my other characters, including slots I bought in C-Store? Do I just lose them? Able to select the 3 I get to keep?

Second - I logged in and patched to Tribble and when it came to loading screen my VA I transferred way back was gone. What happened there?

I realize there may be answers out there - somewhere, but I would appreciate some help with these questions from players who already know. I can sift thru the flamers, thats ok.
1. Nothing should happen to your character slots. The three charcter slots were the same ones you got in the first place, and any you bought should be honoured by Cryptic.

2. The old Tribble shard is now the Redshirt shard, what is now Tribble is a new test shard for F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
When did you transfer the character to tribble? A couple months ago, the old Tribble became Redshirt, and Tribble became a beta server for the main F2P build. New Tribble started fresh, for the first couple weeks it was new characters only, then they allowed fresh holodeck transfers, but it never got characters from the old Tribble.

If your transferred character is still around, it'd probably be on Redshirt. I'm not sure if that one got wiped or not, but test server characters have never been guaranteed.
Old tribble was wiped in preparation for the f2p test.

A new (completely empty) test server (redshirt) was rolled out. Fresh transfers from Holodeck were accepted.

Tribble was restarted with the f2p beta systems. Initially, no holodeck transfers were allowed. More recently a limited number of transfers (max 3) are permitted.

The practical upshot is that no test characters from before late September survive anywhere.

Gym "Frankly, I'd've kept tribble for normal beta teting, and used the brand new redshirt for the f2p tests, but that's old plasma throught the conduits..." Quirk
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks folks - I appreciate the fast (and courteous) replies. I have a total of 7 characters and 1 blank character slot (I have altitis) and just wonderede if even as a gold member I would be keeping all of them, (including the blank one).

I see what happened about Tribble now, guess I will follow advice and try to transfer my VA to the Tribble (F2P version). Again, thanks!!!