Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Because that would mean we'd be asking for another PVE Queue. Which I don't think anyone wants... The amount of fleet actions I've done since that thing was introduced has fallen dramatically.
Well of course nobody wants another PvE queue, because people are bored of them. But new exploration clusters isn't going to solve anything either.

What you guys want is more Breen-centric missions that has massive replayable value. Breen STFS? Breen Base Raids (MMO Dungeons)? Give Cryptic ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
To put it simply if this isnt something that would interest you then you wouldnt have to play it.
So you solve this with another cut and paste job? Thats exactly why people are bored of STO, slapping on a new name and calling it "new" isn't new it all, its more of the same.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
So you solve this with another cut and paste job? Thats exactly why people are bored of STO, slapping on a new name and calling it "new" isn't new it all, its more of the same.
Once again, if this isnt something you would be interested in then no one will make you play it. However nothing you say makes any difference as far as what *I* am interested in playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well of course nobody wants another PvE queue, because people are bored of them. But new exploration clusters isn't going to solve anything either.

What you guys want is more Breen-centric missions that has massive replayable value. Breen STFS? Breen Base Raids (MMO Dungeons)? Give Cryptic ideas!
For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you - but for all the ideas we give Cryptic, they tend to fall (for the most part) on deaf ears. It crosses me that the idea here would add something that could take a lot less work than building an entirely new mission (or series of them) from the ground up.

Exploration clusters are little more than a bunch of random-chance instances with attached variables. It would take Cryptic very little effort, comparatively speaking, to introduce such a cluster to Defera, which would STILL give us more than what we've got for the last nine months.

If they wish to make more Breen missions after that, so much the better, but Im honestly not seeing the downside to this suggestion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
Once again, if this isnt something you would be interested in then no one will make you play it. However nothing you say makes any difference as far as what *I* am interested in playing.
Well good for you, but I don't want Cryptic to waste efforts in creating more useless zones with no new content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you - but for all the ideas we give Cryptic, they tend to fall (for the most part) on deaf ears. It crosses me that the idea here would add something that could take a lot less work than building an entirely new mission (or series of them) from the ground up.

Exploration clusters are little more than a bunch of random-chance instances with attached variables. It would take Cryptic very little effort, comparatively speaking, to introduce such a cluster to Defera, which would STILL give us more than what we've got for the last nine months.

If they wish to make more Breen missions after that, so much the better, but Im honestly not seeing the downside to this suggestion.
No Cryptic isn't deaf, just stubborn.

But this is exactly my argument. You guys want more missions to fight the Breen, so why not cut to the chase and just ask for more Breen missions, not another cut and paste exploration cluster with the same exact missions as the other 9.

That or you get on the Foundry and create your own Breen missions and fight them whenever you want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-16-2011, 02:14 PM
How to make an endgame warzone

1) Remove the Defera sector and make it accessible via the DS9 Wormhole.
2) Combine the Borg zone with Defera and make the taskforce Omega sit at the other end of the wormhole
3) Throw in Borg, Dominion, Breen and Undine patrols in a combined sector block

Result: 9x9 sector block that will crawl with endgame characters and stuff to do with massive expansion potential as more and more blocks can be added in the 'Gamma Quadrant'

DS9 would literally become a gateway into the warzone and act as a hub much like it did during the Dominion War.

Find it kinda wierd Cryptic decided to go with a random gateway placed at Risa rather than utilise the existing gateway of the Wormhole and DS9 as the base where the factions unite against the common threat of the Borg, Dominion etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well good for you, but I don't want Cryptic to waste efforts in creating more useless zones with no new content.
The star cluster tech is already built. The only difference from one to the other is the enemy types you fight. You just said yourself it would be a "cut and paste job". Therefore by your OWN logic this would not really take any significant amount of time or effort. Good job defeating your OWN argument
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
How to make an endgame warzone

1) Remove the Defera sector and make it accessible via the DS9 Wormhole.
I disagree with removing what they already have in place, as that is not an end game zone. However I would support adding a new zone that works the way you describe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I disagree with removing what they already have in place, as that is not an end game zone. However I would support adding a new zone that works the way you describe
Dominion Dailies....

*drools*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
The star cluster tech is already built. The only difference from one to the other is the enemy types you fight. You just said yourself it would be a "cut and paste job". Therefore by your OWN logic this would not really take any significant amount of time or effort. Good job defeating your OWN argument
Yes, its "Cut and Paste". But if you been here for longer than you have, then you know it's not that simple. And that effort it takes them to do that "cut and paste" is time wasted when they could be using it for NEW content.

Paying customers want NEW Content, not more of the same.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
So while you want another exploration cluster that has the Breen as the main threat, the rest of us actually want Cryptic to put in NEW content, not more of the same.
Sorry, but the only person you can actually speak for is yourself. Even though I do want new content, I would also like to see a breen cluster. And no, I dont think it would actually take that long to hook up
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 PM.