Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Paying customers want NEW Content, not more of the same.
As a paying customer I would love a Breen exploration zone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but the only person you can actually speak for is yourself. Even though I do want new content, I would also like to see a breen cluster. And no, I dont think it would actually take that long to hook up
Well good for you, but I don't. I think it's a waste of time. Especially for those who only want it so they can fight the Breen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well good for you, but I don't.
And thats fine. But as someone else already said in this thread, just because you personally may not be interested in playing this has nothing to do with what I would be interested in playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm almost afraid to say it but I agree with Azurien... just another randomly bashed on Star Cluster would be, IMO, absolutley pointless...

I see no reason why they shouldnt add the Breen to the "random enemys" in the existing star clusters... but a new one with basicly exactly the same pointless cluster we already have,... how often? 6? 7 times? Sounds not really usefull to me...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Sounds good to me. The more options we have when doing dailies the better!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
And thats fine. But as someone else already said in this thread, just because you personally may not be interested in playing this has nothing to do with what I would be interested in playing.
I can say the same for you all who want a Breen Exploration cluster. You guys want it solely because you want to fight Breen. But its just another zone for everyone to grind in without offering anything new.

Now I might be inclined to agree if Cryptic decided to ADD actual new and unique missions in that cluster that makes it actually worthwhile. But if it's just more of the same, my stance is still going to be NO. And if you guys want your Breen Fix, there is always the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I've played alot of MMOs, and IMO star clusters are essentially this game's version of the random NPCs you come across in the "wilderness" of other games. In LOTRO, for example, you have the randome guys and animals that spawn in the world. And there are TONS of missions that involve going and killing those types of NPCs, but because there is enough variety to them it doesnt feel like the same thing all the time. They need to add more variety to the star clusters in STO to make those missions more fun to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I can say the same for you all who want a Breen Exploration cluster.
Of course you can. The difference which you dont seem to undersatnd, however, is that I'm not saying you shouldnt be able to play something that you are interested in just because I'm not interested in it. But that is exactly what you are saying about this idea. You think that if you arent personally interested in something then no one should get to play it. I may be alot of things, but I'm not the kind of person that thinks that my personal preferences should determine what other people get to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I disagree with removing what they already have in place, as that is not an end game zone. However I would support adding a new zone that works the way you describe
The Borg Zone is the endgame area and the Deferi sector block is connected to area that is on the late end of the level progression curve. As such the Borg zone should be on that side of the map and it allows it to expand into becoming a full Gamma Quadrant complete with a host of old and new races.

Apparantly the Borg are invading Deferi so it kinda makes sense for Deferi to be either in or connected to the Borg zone.

I would rather have those zones combined into a localised area that has an expanding array of things to do like STFs, endgame fleet actions and encounters. Heaven forbid at least ONE sector block feels like it is REALLY alive with activity from Borg attacks to the Breen stomping around rather than the piece-meal situation where you can only find things in certain sector blocks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-16-2011, 03:50 PM
One way I'm looking at this is that exploration clusters hold more importance than content where character progress is concerned.

Before you shoot me down on this, consider the implications for end-game crafters, be they personal or fleet.

If you aren't heavily in to PVP, there are precious few ways of acquiring high-end gear (Say, for example, the Very Rare MkXI Phaser Array [Dmg]x2 [Acc]) that could be considered affordable or efficient. As it stands, a single one of those weapons right now on Holodeck is fetching close to 1 Million EC. I can only imagine this is going to get even more expensive once the Dilithium element is introduced come December.

At present, if you are a VA, the only place you can get the necessary materials in the number's needed to craft an entire ship's worth of equipment is B'Tran.

Adding a VA-level exploration instance to Breen space should not be seen as simply repeating content we already have. It would serve as an alternative to what is currently the ONLY option for those who have any interest in crafting.

As I said before - there is only so many times I can stare at green stars and space before I get nauseous. A Breen-themed exploration cluster which drops T5 data samples would be a great way of changing this.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 AM.