Lt. Commander
# 31
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
One way I'm looking at this is that exploration clusters hold more importance than content where character progress is concerned.

Before you shoot me down on this, consider the implications for end-game crafters, be they personal or fleet.

If you aren't heavily in to PVP, there are precious few ways of acquiring high-end gear (Say, for example, the Very Rare MkXI Phaser Array [Dmg]x2 [Acc]) that could be considered affordable or efficient. As it stands, a single one of those weapons right now on Holodeck is fetching close to 1 Million EC. I can only imagine this is going to get even more expensive once the Dilithium element is introduced come December.

At present, if you are a VA, the only place you can get the necessary materials in the number's needed to craft an entire ship's worth of equipment is B'Tran.

Adding a VA-level exploration instance to Breen space should not be seen as simply repeating content we already have. It would serve as an alternative to what is currently the ONLY option for those who have any interest in crafting.

As I said before - there is only so many times I can stare at green stars and space before I get nauseous. A Breen-themed exploration cluster which drops T5 data samples would be a great way of changing this.
  • New DOFF system allows you to gather Anomolies without leaving Sirius Sector.
  • New Multiphasic Events allow you to gather random anomolies in any exploration cluster within an hour's timeframe.
  • PvP Dailies can be done with 2 people and not having to queue up, which is much faster to get dilithium.
  • The new Academy Event allows you to get 2000 Dilithium per hour.
  • Klingons get 4000 dilithum for doing the Pi Canis missions.
  • And as I said before, there is a new Exploration Daily that allows you to go to any cluster you want.

No offense, but your justification seems less when you got these 6 things when F2P goes live.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
  • New DOFF system allows you to gather Anomolies without leaving Sirius Sector.
  • New Multiphasic Events allow you to gather random anomolies in any exploration cluster within an hour's timeframe.
  • PvP Dailies can be done with 2 people and not having to queue up, which is much faster to get dilithium.
  • The new Academy Event allows you to get 2000 Dilithium per hour.
  • Klingons get 4000 dilithum for doing the Pi Canis missions.
  • And as I said before, there is a new Exploration Daily that allows you to go to any cluster you want.

No offense, but your justification seems less when you got these 6 things when F2P goes live.
...All of which provide what VAs need in only limited quantity. I couldn't give a toss for Dilithium, nor am I a Klingon, and I don't particularly feel like thumping around Starfleet Academy. Ground gameplay still leaves much to be desired.

B'Tran remains, despite your list, the single most focused way of getting Chrono Wave traces/etc for crafting. And yes, I do think it's ridiculous we need to run all the way down there every time we want to stock up.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I'll take new content anyway I can get it.

if that means a new star cluster where I can woop on some walking fridgidares, Even if it is Btran with a Breen skin on it a new place to do dailies is not a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Need more breen!
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-17-2011, 12:03 AM
At first, I was going to say no way. We don't need any more star cluster. After reading and thinking about this, its really not a bad idea. Yes star clusters can be boring, but its nice to have a choice of what star cluster to go to and do missions at. So I say yes we should have this.