Lt. Commander
# 1 STFs and Sets
11-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm writing this because I'm out of other ideas on how else to promote this issue. I know many of you have seen the awesome new looking sets: cool outfits with helmets and awesome guns! That's not even discussing the cool space sets. What many may not be aware of is what it is gonna take to get them.

As it stands right now, the sets can be purchased in 3 different grades, X, XI and XII. A piece of a set at mark X costs 30 data chips, 60 for the XI, and the XII can only be gotten by Elite Tech drops. STFs on regular will give 1 data chip per run. Elite STFs will give 2 chips per run. So to get 1 set (3 pieces) will be 90 runs for X gear, 180 runs for XI and an unknown number elite runs to get XII gear. To complete and XI set for both ground and space will take 360 runs on normal or 180 runs on elite. (Keep in mind both factions have 4 new sets available to them, 2 ground and 2 space.)

Check the math for yourself, on Tribble, but fact is this will be a LOT of grinding, I feel the community should work to promote the use of a mission based rewards over a drop based rewards. Say 20 runs for a piece XI gear, 20 runs of elites for XII gear. This will still take considerable time investment but will be a far less then wll be required if the system goes ahead as is.

Any other alternative suggestions would be very welcome.

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Someone needs to let the Devs know...

Grinding is NOT fun!

I prefer one mission = one reward. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2011, 02:49 PM
/signed

I don't want the X or XI sets, and I refuse to chase after random drops to get the XII set.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-16-2011, 02:50 PM
IIRC, Gozer has already said he's not changing the drop rates or the token values.

Anyone up for a Dynamis raid?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonSatyr42
Someone needs to let the Devs know...

Grinding is NOT fun!
Yeah, we been telling them that for god knows how long. :p

Everyone I know isn't really going to bother with the new STFs since the new Sets are a disappointment and the Borg Weaponry is going to be useless outside of the STFs. The only thing you need to go for is the STF Guns and the Ground Invasion Fractale Remodulator and that's that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I like doing the STF's but this seems to me to simply be a way to make up for the fact that at present there really are only 3 task forces in the game. To get more 'mileage' they've broken the task forces up into pieces, a change which I do not personally like but I can understand, for those players who suck at or hate ground but enjoy space. That being said... more grinding doesn't make the game fun. I don't want to have to run the same mission over and over 90 times to get a piece of gear I want... I'm not a BLEEPING hamster on a wheel. Come up with something better Cryptic. Give us more TF"s to work with these bits. Maybe even find other ways to reward them like Red Alerts. I'm an STF fanatic, and even I find the notion of grinding something 180 times for just one grade of gear ridiculous.

Really his whole thing brings up a big problem in the game. We need more content, both soft storyline content (Featured Episodes) and quality Challenge Content (PVP maps/goals, STF's, Fleet Actions). Without a steady influx of these things... the game can get old. I really hope that this is factoring in their near future plans. I suspect that it is, but I really want to hear them say it, in discrete terms and with an action plan. I"m not interested in just 'The Hive' being released. We need 10 more STF's, not just 1. Variety is the spice of life, and I want more spice... I'm absolutely positive I'm not alone in this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
I like doing the STF's but this seems to me to simply be a way to make up for the fact that at present there really are only 3 task forces in the game. To get more 'mileage' they've broken the task forces up into pieces, a change which I do not personally like but I can understand, for those players who suck at or hate ground but enjoy space. That being said... more grinding doesn't make the game fun. I don't want to have to run the same mission over and over 90 times to get a piece of gear I want... I'm not a BLEEPING hamster on a wheel. Come up with something better Cryptic. Give us more TF"s to work with these bits. Maybe even find other ways to reward them like Red Alerts. I'm an STF fanatic, and even I find the notion of grinding something 180 times for just one grade of gear ridiculous.

Really his whole thing brings up a big problem in the game. We need more content, both soft storyline content (Featured Episodes) and quality Challenge Content (PVP maps/goals, STF's, Fleet Actions). Without a steady influx of these things... the game can get old. I really hope that this is factoring in their near future plans. I suspect that it is, but I really want to hear them say it, in discrete terms and with an action plan. I"m not interested in just 'The Hive' being released. We need 10 more STF's, not just 1. Variety is the spice of life, and I want more spice... I'm absolutely positive I'm not alone in this.
Most definitely not alone in that
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-16-2011, 03:09 PM
i can safely say i wont be grinding for the new gear..... I might get the cool looking new ground gun but that will be it.

As for the devs not lowering the grind amount, well they wouldnt because i think its clear by now that none of them ever play the game without their special dev accounts and have no clue whatsoever how extreme the grind is....
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
IIRC, Gozer has already said he's not changing the drop rates or the token values.
To be clear I'm in no way asking for them to change those values. I am asking that another means of achieving the result be added.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
/signed

I don't want the X or XI sets, and I refuse to chase after random drops to get the XII set.
I'm past 120 runs and not a single tech drop. Frankly the MK X gear is not worth the grind.