Lt. Commander
# 11
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm writing this because I'm out of other ideas on how else to promote this issue. I know many of you have seen the awesome new looking sets: cool outfits with helmets and awesome guns! That's not even discussing the cool space sets. What many may not be aware of is what it is gonna take to get them.

As it stands right now, the sets can be purchased in 3 different grades, X, XI and XII. A piece of a set at mark X costs 30 data chips, 60 for the XI, and the XII can only be gotten by Elite Tech drops. STFs on regular will give 1 data chip per run. Elite STFs will give 2 chips per run. So to get 1 set (3 pieces) will be 90 runs for X gear, 180 runs for XI and an unknown number elite runs to get XII gear. To complete and XI set for both ground and space will take 360 runs on normal or 180 runs on elite. (Keep in mind both factions have 4 new sets available to them, 2 ground and 2 space.)

Check the math for yourself, on Tribble, but fact is this will be a LOT of grinding, I feel the community should work to promote the use of a mission based rewards over a drop based rewards. Say 20 runs for a piece XI gear, 20 runs of elites for XII gear. This will still take considerable time investment but will be a far less then wll be required if the system goes ahead as is.

Any other alternative suggestions would be very welcome.

Live Long and Prosper!
During weekends a certin STF will give twice the EDCs starting with infected one weekend, then the cure next weekend, with khitomer accord the next, then the circle repeats again.
This is on tribble already in the event calendar.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate_wars View Post
During weekends a certin STF will give twice the EDCs starting with infected one weekend, then the cure next weekend, with khitomer accord the next, then the circle repeats again.
This is on tribble already in the event calendar.
That is how it has been described however that has yet to work (During the infected weekend it didn't work), so I wouldn't count on it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-16-2011, 04:36 PM
If they aren't going to change the loot drop rates or give us the tech piece outright after a single run, there's no point in doing the STF's. It's a boring, monotonous, repetitive, *inexcuseable* 360 piece (if you're going for Mk XI and are *really* unlucky) grind to get a single ground and a single space set. I went through that only to test the Kellirun Space set (about 100 times through and a lucky tech loot grab), and the gear is absolutely worthless!

Just delete them if this is how it's going to be.

EDIT: And saying how I really felt about this issue would not be a wise move on my part...
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
That is how it has been described however that has yet to work (During the infected weekend it didn't work), so I wouldn't count on it.
It was working for me during the cure weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-16-2011, 04:50 PM
I do think the gear is cool, and the XI and XII sets are good upgrades, I have to agree that the X set is honestly a side grade at best and a down grade for most. The gear should take time to achieve however, that time should mission related, not currency related. One of the points of the Dilithium system is to reduce the number of active currencies, Chips are really just another form of mark. A quest system, does everything that devs have said they want, and is clear and easy number to see and work towards.

20 normal runs for a XI set piece is a reasonable level of time vs reward. (Given that most STF will take around 20 mins). 400 mins, vs 1200 mins. (per piece)