Lt. Commander
# 91
11-17-2011, 01:06 AM
YAWN

I'm sorry, but until I see all those things that we have already been promised in the game and new stuff that we haven't yet heard about being added on a weekly basis to catch up for the huge drought of content during this year, I will feel like I've been cheated out of what I've paid for.

Quote:
November

On Holodeck throughout the rest of November, we are running a Featured Episode Replay event. This is a chance for players to go play these episodes to get some exclusive rewards. On Tribble, we will continue polishing up the new build of the game.
Too little too late. With the special items that now are unique, and we can only have one of them, there is little point in doing them again, isn't it? The FE replay with bind on equip rewards should have been activated the moment you realised that you was going to withheld new story content. Together with a Q event that also should have lasted until new story content is added.

Quote:
December

In early December (probably between December 1st and 8th), we plan to bring the new game build from Tribble to Holodeck. We’re really looking forward to getting the new content, new systems, and the many game play improvements to the mainstream players. This is a significant release, bringing in new content like the Borg Invasion of Defera, new systems like the Duty Officer system, a variety of new events and dailies, and a plethora of improvements across the game.

Also in December, we’re planning for STO’s first real holiday event. You can expect snow, presents, and other winter season fun! We’ll reveal a lot more about this event in early December, but we’re excited to see a festive spirit into STO. The event is scheduled to run from mid-December through into the new year.
Game play Improvements is a matter of opinion. Most that have tested and posted about these changes haven't exactly agreed with them being improvements. Especially not for the main stream players. Mainstream players don't like grinding the same missions 100 times a week.

Amazing that you have listened and still not listened to a lot of people's wished for events during the holidays. Everyone agreed that they shouldn't be tied to the holiday but be a Star Trek event that in our world, the real world, is scheduled during the holiday seasons. Not a holiday season Star Trek event during our holiday. There have been mentions of The Picard Day and The Federation Day and so on.

Quote:
January

We plan to roll out a mini-update in early January with additional game improvements, and then there will be the build-up to the January 17 free-to-play launch date.
Improvement to your deficit (revenue) model or actual improvements that we want and have begged for? And what constitutes a build-up? People's fear?

Quote:
February

February starts with the two year anniversary event for STO on February 2. We expect to have fun and prizes at the celebration.

Then shortly thereafter, we’re going to roll out the next Featured Episode series that focuses on the Dominon. This promises to be the best series yet!
Only 2 years? Feels like 10. Must be the constant replaying the same missions over and over again. With all the new missions and your new approach to make the game less grindy I'm sure everyone will rejoice. Oh wait... that wasn't what is going to happen. It will be a bigger grind. I'm guessing this anniversary will be exactly the same as last one. With Q.

Quote:
As with all peeks into the future, all of the above is subject to change. There are also some other events coming that are not included so we have a few pleasant surprises to announce when they get closer.
Well this is the only thing that remains true, that we can never ever expect what you promise.
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-17-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm not surprised to see no new KDF content is this Dev blog.
Good that I haven't put my faith again into the war words that we got for a "KDF revival".
So KDF is effectivly senteced to death with the F2P release.
Lt. Commander
# 93
11-17-2011, 01:35 AM
A devblog just to tell us that the new FE is again delayed, sigh, but some white "snow" textures in the holidays will for sure make it up for that.
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
The Nazi's killed 6 million people in the holocaust more efficiently than Cryptic is running STO.
Trying to invoke Godwins Law will not end this thread. Sorry. Not with the FEs delayed again.
Lt. Commander
# 95
11-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
The Nazi's killed 6 million people in the holocaust more efficiently than Cryptic is running STO.
Killing people is nothing anyone should be proud of. Statements like that make me sad. I'd ban you.
Lt. Commander
# 96
11-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Quote:
<removed>
That is a reckless statement
Lt. Commander
# 97
11-17-2011, 02:05 AM
How we can see, we will have a very interesting months XD

Ohhh of course... and "events"!!!! ohhhh XD
Lt. Commander
# 98
11-17-2011, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Killing people is nothing anyone should be proud of. Statements like that make me sad. I'd ban you.
But make it an EA forum ban, so that he can't access his game anymore and his characters get deleted.
Lt. Commander
# 99
11-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Excalibur View Post
It's both bad and good news. It's bad that we won't see some decent story driven content till Feb next year, the good news is my Stipend will pay for the defiant +1.

Assuming I remember to log in.
You don't need to login each month to get the stipend, it will get automaticaly added each month to your account
Lt. Commander
# 100
11-17-2011, 02:25 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade