Lt. Commander
# 161
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_McQuade
As a fleet leader, yeah! realistically we are the driving force behind the community, we deserve some better tools.
Bring on Fleet held Star Bases
Lt. Commander
# 162
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
I agree with your analysis. This announcement underscores for me the fact that the developers are making this game for new players - eg., not for me (and, by extension, not for the rest of us who have been playing this game for just about two years now, who have beta tested and waited patiently for new content). And it's starting to make me wonder if I might have been better off spending my time elsewhere.
EB

Indeed, I'm lucky as all my months of subscription has been from various versions of (very cheap)retail boxes. I really feel for those of you who have been paying the full sub the past year only to be sidelined for the new FTP players next year. I'm a relatively new player and after spending three months repeating the same dailies(I've got 2 VAs and one RA atm) it has gotten ridiculous and have logged on maybe twice in the past two months. Being free doesn't really have the same draw to me as time is worth a lot more than money at this point. Its pretty amusing seeing all the new ships getting pumped out onto the store while ppl are still paying subs though. Those new FTP players better be appreciative of you folks helping bankroll their game.
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Also in December, we’re planning for STO’s first real holiday event. You can expect snow, presents, and other winter season fun!
Christmas coming to STO?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/star-trek-holidays.shtml

I want the hat.

LOL

Lt. Commander
# 164
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
just ignore the devs and then you wont get dissapointed

1 year with no content ( yey )

a galaxy far far away is now only 31days 17hours away from arriving
Lt. Commander
# 165
11-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Is it just me or is the Odyssey class on the blog post (that we're apparently not getting ) kind of like rubbing salt in the wound?
I was thinking the exact same thing !
IT BURRRRRNNNNNNNSSSSSSS !
Lt. Commander
# 166
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Christmas coming to STO?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/star-trek-holidays.shtml

I want the hat.

LOL

I have to admit that the hat is kinda cool. However; to celebrate the recent spirit of STO, all of us should purchase this awesome product:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app...e/9722/?srp=27

LMAO

Check out this LOL moment:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app...ction/214f4ad/
Lt. Commander
# 167
11-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
I have to admit that the hat is kinda cool. However; to celebrate the recent spirit of STO, all of us should purchase this awesome product:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app...e/9722/?srp=27

LMAO
LOL... Nice pull.

Yeah. I feel ya.

Look, I really don't think Cryptic/PW is trying to kick anyone off. As a capitalistic company they want customers. They need customers. I think they are just trying so hard to get cash so fast that they're forgetting about things like quality of customer service, giving back, etc. I mean I dunno. I'm talking out my aft ports here... Maybe their financials are such that they can't take the slow/comfortable road. (Of course if that dire, why'd PW invest $50M into the company?) Maybe they're just more like "Let's rip this band aid off right now and get it over with" (But it feels like they're gonna take out the stitches in the process).

I can't see their books. All I can say is that from my point of view. From the PoV of a PAID CUSTOMER who's given much support (financial and otherwise) to this game, I do feel Expendable.

I do feel the Company doesn't care if I stay or go. They sure aren't rolling out the welcome mat and pillow mints (Well, they are, but that'll be $99.99 plus s/h payable in 3 easy payments to most major credit cards, but wait, order in the next 30 mintues and you'll get this unique exclusive geegaw (that we'll sell later on the C-Store). Expect Delivery in 6-8 weeks except in all places where it'll actually arrive Soon. Operators are standing by, place your order today!).

Lt. Commander
# 168
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
It's not too late . . . I don't know if any MMO to date has gone this long without adding any new content for as long as STO has. It may well have set a record.

I
I submit that it IS too late, and I'm throughly shocked at the resilence of some of you. Cryptic kicks you in the Jimmies and you say, "Well, maybe I'll hang on for just a little longer."

They are screwing you on the Emblems to Dilithium rate, they're basically saying your marks, honor and merit is basically worthless, and they've got so few ways to aquire dilithium that gold members will HAVE to buy c-points if they want any decent gear. That's double dipping. You're already paying a sub, and then you have to pay more.

What does that say about Star Trek fans? Kick us really hard, because we'll just roll over. There's nothing else for us to do!

The game must fail so that this Eastern Model of MMORPG goes away.
Lt. Commander
# 169
11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post

I know i've said it before, but a game like RIFT has released 6 major patches in the duration from launch in March 2011, until now. In that same timespan, STO has released -one- major patch (Season 4). With each of RIFTs major updates, a whole slew of new content, and raids were added. How much mission content was added in STO Season 4? None.
my sentiments exactly. quite pathetic that cryptic cant do this really. i think they should hire me- even though i dont have any fancy design degree, im sure i can do better than whats being done now.
Lt. Commander
# 170
11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Next FE in february? Are you kidding me?
I haven't played more than 1 hour in the past few weeks on holo 'cause there's absolutly nothing to do right now.
No content, no reason to pvp (as the ration for dilithium<>emblems is a joke), nothing NEW!

Boy, I've never regreted my lifetime subscription more...