Lt. Commander
it was bad enough adding dilithium to to the crafting environment. Grinding out samples and now dilithium is bad enough. of course the Dilithium exchange providea a revenue stream. :p OK i get it but this thinh with rare and uncomon etc, Did you have sombody from the IRS come in and design this method. why not just ok 15000 dilithium blocks or 25500 blocks whatever and it gives you change. this whole thing with 40 of these 20 of thode 14 of the other. gad i dont want to have to have a pad and pen handy when I play the game . rethink this please it is absolutly stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 182 From the Young One
11-20-2011, 02:32 AM
I think I speak from the teenagers who play this game when I say,"We love to stop the Borg and pet Tribbles as much as the next person, but as teens, we don't have alot of money to play this game. We're hoping for the worth while content to spark us to pay that monthly subscription or buy C-points."

I, personally was lucky enough to scrape up the LTS money in the first place. I'm a huge trekkie at heart, and think it's a great role model type game that has the potential to inspire kids like me with it's some what good morals of a United Earth and exploration. Please make it worthwhile again.

Don't get me wrong, I love STO none the less and would do it all over again. It's a great game and I hope it lives long enough to see me at college.

Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 183
11-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Nick_Archer
I think I speak from the teenagers who play this game when I say,"We love to stop the Borg and pet Tribbles as much as the next person, but as teens, we don't have alot of money to play this game. We're hoping for the worth while content to spark us to pay that monthly subscription or buy C-points."

I, personally was lucky enough to scrape up the LTS money in the first place. I'm a huge trekkie at heart, and think it's a great role model type game that has the potential to inspire kids like me with it's some what good morals of a United Earth and exploration. Please make it worthwhile again.

Don't get me wrong, I love STO none the less and would do it all over again. It's a great game and I hope it lives long enough to see me at college.

Thanks Cryptic!
Hear hear. Excellent post.
Lt. Commander
# 184
11-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys_Delta
Iam i the only person who is a bit disappointed that the fleets aint getting any updates with this announcement!

The Fleets Help keep the sto community afloat!

Fleets could do with a massive update!
I fully agree with this.

The fleets and the fleet system needs a major overhaul.

The fleet UI has been bugged since day one
Lt. Commander
# 185 :)
11-20-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis View Post
Please complainers, get over it, enjoy your Christmas hollydays, spend more time outside with your familly or whatever.
Cryptic's guys try hard to make the game the good way to entertain us, give them a chance, they actually just need support.
I'm disappointed at some point, as you, but it doesn't really help.
So, if you really want this game going better, get involved louder or quit quieter.

@Cryptic : /support.
I hope that you have a good time with your family, too. Enjoy your days & holidays

Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 186
11-21-2011, 07:18 PM
FE, nice to hear another one is coming out, but are we going to get some new missions like we had when the game was 1st release. Miss having those side missions to keep you occupied. Plus, how about expanding the STO galaxy by adding more sector blocks cause it is starting to get a little congested in the game with only a few locations to venture to. Also, for all the admirals that we have in the game, time to reward them with a starbase, especially those who are part of a fleet, if not why so many admirals (generals) in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 187
11-22-2011, 08:57 PM
And nothing about the Foundry of course...

Looks like I go to free-to-play and cancel my sub again, until they decide the Foundry has some importance..
Lt. Commander
# 188
11-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I hate to say it, but really the only thing I've been looking forward to are more feature episodes. The fact they it's going to be beyond February is disappointing.
You want feature episodes?
You want more content?

Tell Cryptic to fix and decently expand the Foundry and you would have it, and Cryptic would not have to do anything else for it (since they own everything made)..
Lt. Commander
# 189
11-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
You want feature episodes?
You want more content?

Tell Cryptic to fix and decently expand the Foundry and you would have it, and Cryptic would not have to do anything else for it (since they own everything made)..
I agree with fixing and expanding the foundry, there are some great story telling in the foundry that rival some of the Star Trek television episodes.

That being said, I still prefer the feature episodes due to the quality of cutscenes, voice acting, and of course unique mission rewards. I wish the foundry was expanded to include your very own cutscenes, voice acting and music, but I see major copyright issues with that idea. It also means that from a resource stand point, it is going to be very heavy on the technical side of things.

So for foundry missions to include the things I have mentioned, it is currently not practical.

I rather have Cryptic implement more featured episodes with their unique rewards. The foundry as it is, is more of a sandbox that I love for its story content. The ugly side of the foundry is the fact that we are faced with 1,000 crappy missions, compare to the 3 or 4 gems that are found in there.
Lt. Commander
# 190
11-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Nick_Archer

Thanks Cryptic!
^ This for the most part.

I can buy a crapload on the C-store if I wanted to support such a horrid thing, but time to play STO has almost gone away completely b/c of College.