Lt. Commander
Inspired by Ravenstein's old RPG (and, yes, I got permission to do this 'sequel'): http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ighlight=Karma

The rules are simple:
1. You can play any character from any universe or even one that you have made up. If they are a being of omnipotent or near omnipotent power, their overall power will be adjusted down somewhat.
2. No God-modding. I am relying on self policing here to keep us in line.
3. Shadow Phoenix (and other potential GMs) has a basic story worked out so he will be instituting some plot events to keep some action going. If you want, feel free to create events of your own.
4. You can die, but as Player Characters upon death you will soon be resurrected in the City Center. The death penalty is all your stuff gets moderately damp as you climb out of the fountain beneath the Giant Clock. NPCs may not be so lucky...
5. If you want to join in, just give us a description of your character, maybe post an image if you want, and join in.
6. No more then three major characters per person except GM or whoever is setting an event.
7. No more then two characters from a single universe unless the event is taking place in that universe.
8. For the ease of comprehension, use proper or a close approximation of proper grammar and spelling. And have some manner of formatting for your posts. Popular choices include having actions or thoughts in a different font or italics and verbalization in normal font. Other choices are setting it up with sentence like '"..." he said' or something to that effect.
9. Anyone can join, but we do ask that you join when a fight or other action sequence is not going on. Those can be hard enough to describe without having a new person show up.

Premise: Where every universe that has ever and will ever exist intersects there is a city like no other where characters from across the multiverse just sort of end up. Nobody knows how they arrive here or how to get back to where they came, so they make the best of what they have here.

The greatest defining feature of the city is a Giant Clock in the center of the city. This clock is almost always counting down to something. The speed at which it moves is not constant. Days can pass but on the clock only a few minutes will tick by. But whenever the clock reaches Twelve, something happens. Something big. Something amazing. Something terrible. Something no being across the multiverses would want to miss. It is from this clock that the city gets it's name: Clock.

Below the Giant Clock is the Fountain. Those who are Destined will return to existence through the Fountain. The Destined are those who are chosen by fate to decide the events of the Giant Clock. They are the cityís protectors and guardians. Only they can defend Clock when the events of the Giant Clock drive the city to near ruin.

Destined arrive in Clock all the time. But donít worry; for now the Giant Clock is still a ways off from Twelve at the moment.

Morning is dawning on what could be an ordinary day in Clock. The clock shows just a little after One...

Note: The old Clock RPG's IC events are now part of the backstory, so if you want to reference things from the old thread, you can. Still, any request for reuse of old characters will be met with more scrutiny than normal...I'm trying for a new arc with as minimal baggage as possible from the old thread. Once I see there is interest in this RPG, I'll start the IC thread.

Current Players and their characters:
*Work-In-Progress* (Pending sign-ups)
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Ooh. *makes rubbing hands*
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I might sign up for this one--still considering it, though. If I do join, I shall do so as Lina Inverse, just after she robs that gang of bandits in the opening moments of Slayers.

Should be fairly easy for me to RP her: have her consume copious amounts of food, fly off the handle if someone calls her "short" or "flat-chested", fight bad guys purely for monetary reasons (stealing their loot from them and then selling it to make a living), and throw around powerful magic which causes plenty of collateral damage (unless she's experiencing "that time of the month", during which time her magic is remarkably weaker).

And the time frame I'm planning on using gives her plenty of loot to sell, while leaving her free of any traveling companions.

Like I said, though, I'm still considering whether to join or not, so the above is just stating who I'd be if I did join.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2011, 05:49 PM
This isn't a retelling of The Zybourne Clock, is it? *nervous tic*
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
This isn't a 're-imagined' take on The Zybourne Clock, is it? *nervous tic*
Umm... apparently your link doesn't like Internet Explorer.

So, because I can't check out the link, what is The Zybourne Clock, anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Umm... apparently your link doesn't like Internet Explorer.

So, because I can't check out the link, what is The Zybourne Clock, anyway?
I edited the post with an IE-friendly link.

Essentially: a couple years ago, a small group of posters on the Something Awful forums decided to make an original video game. Their game, The Zybourne Clock, was intended to be a fully volunteer-made steampunk themed RPG. Instead, the failed project turned into a bounty of internet tears and unintentional comedy and was mocked mercilessly for the next two years.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I edited the post with an IE-friendly link.

Essentially: a couple years ago, a small group of posters on the Something Awful forums decided to make an original video game. Their game, The Zybourne Clock, was intended to be a fully volunteer-made steampunk themed RPG. Instead, the failed project turned into a bounty of internet tears and unintentional comedy and was mocked mercilessly for the next two years.
Ah.

Well, no, the original Clock RPG (also known as Ten Forward: The RPG was not based on The Zybourne Clock, and was actually more of a Multi-Crossover RPG. People could play as any characters they wanted from any franchise, or make their own. Over the course of the story, it featured characters from Persona 3, Mai-Otome, Warhammer 40K, Halo, Champions Online, Pokemon, and many other places (heck, one person even decided to play Doctor Who). Most of the action took place in a town called Clock, named after the huge clock tower in the middle of town.

This thing that seems to be gearing up is touted as a sequel to that RP. I'll definitely keep my eyes on it, and maybe even join in.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-26-2011, 10:05 PM
@BenjaminMaxwell: No. Its a equal/successor to a previous RPG on these forums. "Clock" is the name of the IC setting...though 'Clock City' has also been used for the main city things take place in, the rest of the planet was also called 'Clock'. Link to original RPG is at the beginning of my opening post. "The Dark Tower" could be considered closer...ironically enough, lol, the Tower itself at the center of Clock became the Dark Tower during the course of RPing in the old thread.

@MGDawson: Am I to take it that means you are interested?

@KiraYamato: I seem to recall something about an IC shopping spree last thread...should I expect more of the same this thread? If you did join, that is.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Of course. Put my name down.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Shadow_Phoenix View Post
@KiraYamato: I seem to recall something about an IC shopping spree last thread...should I expect more of the same this thread? If you did join, that is.
I kinda doubt it. After all, Lina Inverse, the character I plan on using if I do join, doesn't really seem like a shopaholic to me, and I doubt she'll ever need to go shopping.

What you can expect from me this time (if I join) is the following: Fighting for purely monetary reasons (she eliminates Bandit Gangs on a regular basis to swipe their loot and then sell it [it's how she makes a living]), consuming copious amounts of food (she tends to order everything on a menu and then consumes it all [buffet owners fear her]), flying off the handle at anyone who calls her "short" or "flat-chested", and throwing around powerful magic spells that can cause major collateral damage (including the magical equivalent of a Tactical Nuclear Warhead). The only limitation to her magic is "that time of the month"--all Magic-Using-Women where she comes from have their magic considerably weakened during "that time of the month".