Lt. Commander
# 1 The Problem with Bridges
11-17-2011, 07:19 AM
IF there is ever a greater need for easy access to Bridges / External space combat this is the case. Playing the last 2 1/2 weeks on the FTP Tribble test server. NOT ONCE did i goto my bridge or inside my ship anywhere, at anytime. From the start of a new toon to Captain level 31.. I didn't set foot inside my ship. WHY ? There was no missions or side quest or player need to go inside my ship. SO i say this. Make it so you can Play/Fly/Combat your ship Press the spacebar and your on your Bridge or can access your ship and Bridge officers like Star Trek Bridge Commander. STO really needs this. Otherwise.. the ship is just a empty social area in an alreay socialy empty mmo.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM This Thread.

THINK Before you post a responce.

Think of all the awesome things in this game we've seen. That have been said before. OHH that can't be done. But was done....

What also needs to be done is True scale of ships. But that's another post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Until then none of the two missions I can think of (one is Featured Episode Romulan Arc misssion "Mine Enemy" and available to both and one is KDF-Only) have been available to you.
Interiors to your own ships were added after most of the missions had been finished.
Hence it takes either time to make new ones or modify existing ones to include the need for you to go to your ship's interior...without it looking shoehorned into the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2011, 08:15 AM
OOP you are right, there really is no reason to go onto your bridge....

I mostlly use mine to hide in when im in space, saves me sitting alone in an instance cluttering up the place.

Heres my wishlist for ship interiors...

1) Used as mobile player housing, i.e we can decorate the place more and have more interactivity. (acessing our banks would be nice as well)

2) Use the foundry to build our ship interiors the way we want them.

3) Use the genesis system they used for making the exporation missions to make auto generated "ship" missions.. Now this would be really cool if done right, a lot of star trek was episodes handled solely on the ship. You could have missions like detecting power failiues on your ship, maybe a crewmember needs a morale boost, random murder, holodeck failure and you have to save the trapped people. These could quite easily be done with some tweaking of the genesis engine they used to make the exploration zones, and could add to that trek feeling we are all missing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2011, 08:39 AM
It would be great if you could access your shuttle roster from your ship as well. You can flip back to your last used ship from the shuttle interior, but not the other way around. Granted there aren't many missions that use shuttles but it would be great if you could do it. Just the shuttle/fighter types though of course, you only switch your main ships via a space dock
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2011, 08:52 AM
You can switch from your main ship to any of your shuttles from the ship interior. Just go to the transporter room.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_Chase
You can switch from your main ship to any of your shuttles from the ship interior. Just go to the transporter room.
Sadly this makes as much sense as going to the mess hall to reallign the dilithium chamber.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Sadly this makes as much sense as going to the mess hall to reallign the dilithium chamber.
I thought that was how Neelix did all his cooking...?.. <chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
True, but until Cryptic adds a shuttle bay to ship interiors, it's better than returning to a ship yard to change to a shuttle.