Lt. Commander
So we've gone from FEs being weekly to a content drought with an FE in July, then "please wait, we know it sucks we'll have stuff coming!" to "Soon!" and now finally we hear the next FE will be here in February. Maybe.

In the meanwhile, we've gotten rehashes of Gamma Orionis DSEs for Red Alerts, overglorified Otha runs for the Borg ground invasion, and Pokemon in space. Where's the actual content?

Ah yes, and as Mustrum points out, we've maybe perhaps possibly theoretically got the chance of getting a new PvP map with FE 4. Which makes it a solid TWO years to get a single PvP map. And that's a HUGE if.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2011, 09:43 AM
mmmn main reason I haven't done much in STO for a while. I pretty much just log in if a friend of mine wants to do some STFs. Lately though I've been leveling an engineer on tribble. Once I hit the cap I won't really have anything else to do. Maybe I'll go back and get my Holodeck VA's diplomacy up or something
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
MVS you paid all these months, year, for this very moment! You HELPED Cryptic made a nice new F2P model and you are continuing to support them with your Monthly fee! Wait, what? It was your intention to pay for this game for your own content? Well screw you.

Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Technically FEs are weekly when they are released. Each separate series isn't weekly though. Semantics, I know, but I just thought I'd clear that up.

In any case, its been a pretty crazy year. After the last series we were supposed to get the 4th one but then Cryptic decided to hold off until after the release of Season 4 since it was going to have a ground revamp and they wanted to try including those changes in the new series. Then all the F2P talks began and they needed to begin work on bringing that to us. Now they need to finish that work.

In all honesty, I would've liked them to release the 4th series between the release of Season 4 and the beginning of the F2P talks, but unfortunately it was not done (probably because it hadn't been worked on yet).

I hope 2012 proves to be a better year for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Lets just face it, cryptic screwed it up for the whole year.

And now they'll have to face the consequences.

There is nothing more to it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Its been the Year Of Fail...
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
So we've gone from FEs being weekly to a content drought when an FE in July, then "please wait, we know it sucks we'll have stuff coming!" to "Soon!" and now finally we hear the next FE will be here in February. Maybe.

In the meanwhile, we've gotten rehashes of Gamma Orionis DSEs for Red Alerts, overglorified Otha runs for the Borg ground invasion, and Pokemon in space. Where's the actual content?
But this probably means we get a new PvP map then as well, right? That was the plan, right? That would be sooner than I'd expect!

Mustrum "Probably jinxed it" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
So we've gone from FEs being weekly to a content drought with an FE in July, then "please wait, we know it sucks we'll have stuff coming!" to "Soon!" and now finally we hear the next FE will be here in February. Maybe.

Ah yes, and as Mustrum points out, we've maybe perhaps possibly theoretically got the chance of getting a new PvP map with FE 4. Which makes it a solid TWO years to get a single PvP map. And that's a HUGE if.
^ /Agree.

I'm usually online now a days is a friend or two are online...if even..and chat with them. Having 4 cap'd toons sinse the last level cap, I stopped trying to do the Borg Red Alerts do to kill, rinse, repeat gameplay, so I got 2/4 toons to get the command ship accolade, but yeah the 200 ship / sector accolades would be cool...but not worth the time which includes nothing but an unfun grind.

I totally forgot the FE's existed at one point because of the lack of mention...and to be honest, how many times will an old FE yeild some fun? Cryptic has been failing its original, loyal players for far too long.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
I regret ever getting a LTS at times like these; putting faith in Cryptic and STO, when I see now that they simply didn't deserve it - but then that's hindsight for you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
I regret ever getting a LTS at times like these; putting faith in Cryptic and STO, when I see now that they simply didn't deserve it - but then that's hindsight for you.
heh...
Now-a-days..., I feel like I WAS using my Rear-end, when I made THAT decision...