Lt. Commander
# 21
11-18-2011, 11:09 AM
You do realize that all that FE every week and new content we heard about months ago went out the window because they were bought up by PW right???

You realize that all that went out the window because they had to start the F2P transition right???

Come on people you can complain all you want but if you use some darn commonsense and look at all the changes that have happened leading up to this moment then you would KNOW WHY we have a content drought...

Either you want to stick around and play this game in the future and see how it pans out after the F2P launch or you don't... Either way it's pretty clear that the Devs have waaaay too much going on to sit you down and justify to you WHY they haven't been able to keep the promises they made back when Atari was in charge.

Hmmm could it be that the massive changes that we are seeing on tribble is the direction Perfect World wants to take things?? And oh yea... Could that also be why our former and much appreciated Lead Developer stepped down and left??

Yea. If you survived that far and you are still playing the game then you will probably survive the F2P change over... after which time we will probably get back to business as usual and hopefully PW will honor some of those promises that were left behind when Stahl left...

I for one will wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-18-2011, 11:12 AM
I would say that they haven't even started on the next featured episode and probably wont start on it until February and will push it back again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I think this game needs to be renamed into Revamp Online. I am not sure I can handle another retake on anything they have done so far.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I would say that they haven't even started on the next featured episode and probably wont start on it until February and will push it back again.
During STOKED's visit to Cryptic they showed them teasers of the Feature Series, footage of that made it into the episode.

Personally I think the 4th Featured Series is complete (or almost complete). And instead of releasing it right now they're holding it off for two reasons. First they want the initial wave of F2Pers to get some levels under their belt (so they can play the episodes) and then they'll hit them with a brand new featured series to wow them. And second, releasing a DS9 centered high quality featured series shortly after the launch of F2P would be another blow to the apparently struggling Infinite Space.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Andrews View Post
You do realize that all that FE every week and new content we heard about months ago went out the window because they were bought up by PW right???

You realize that all that went out the window because they had to start the F2P transition right???

Come on people you can complain all you want but if you use some darn commonsense and look at all the changes that have happened leading up to this moment then you would KNOW WHY we have a content drought...

Either you want to stick around and play this game in the future and see how it pans out after the F2P launch or you don't... Either way it's pretty clear that the Devs have waaaay too much going on to sit you down and justify to you WHY they haven't been able to keep the promises they made back when Atari was in charge.

Hmmm could it be that the massive changes that we are seeing on tribble is the direction Perfect World wants to take things?? And oh yea... Could that also be why our former and much appreciated Lead Developer stepped down and left??

Yea. If you survived that far and you are still playing the game then you will probably survive the F2P change over... after which time we will probably get back to business as usual and hopefully PW will honor some of those promises that were left behind when Stahl left...

Hate to remind you but the drought and excuses started WAY before they got bought by PW. The F2P Transistion just became a convenient way to wrap up all the previous excuses and delays into one neat little package and basically did absolutly nothing for the players...
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
During STOKED's visit to Cryptic they showed them teasers of the Feature Series, footage of that made it into the episode.

Personally I think the 4th Featured Series is complete (or almost complete). And instead of releasing it right now they're holding it off for two reasons. First they want the initial wave of F2Pers to get some levels under their belt (so they can play the episodes) and then they'll hit them with a brand new featured series to wow them. And second, releasing a DS9 centered high quality featured series shortly after the launch of F2P would be another blow to the apparently struggling Infinite Space.
I saw a founder walking with a few Jem'hadar. The teaser could have put that together real easy. It doesn't mean it's finished but it could be. In my opinion I think they haven't started it yet, the way things have been with STO.

If they have it completed they should release now. They really need to throw their subscribers a bone, badly.

It will be still be brand spanking new to the F2P crowd when they get here in January. They could quell a lot of anger if they released it in Thanksgiving weekend when people are off work. Giving them something to look forward to until F2P launch.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I saw a founder walking with a few Jem'hadar. The teaser could have put that together real easy. It doesn't mean it's finished but it could be. In my opinion I think they haven't started it yet, the way things have been with STO.

If they have it completed they should release now. They really need to throw their subscribers a bone, badly.

It will be still be brand spanking new to the F2P crowd when they get here in January. They could quell a lot of anger if they released it in Thanksgiving weekend when people are off work. Giving them something to look forward to until F2P launch.
We saw the city map on Bajor, and a sequence with a vision from the prophets and the text, revealing it deals with the lost Dominion Fleet Sisko made disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Hate to remind you but the drought and excuses started WAY before they got bought by PW. The F2P Transistion just became a convenient way to wrap up all the previous excuses and delays into one neat little package and basically did absolutly nothing for the players...
You think companies like this get bought up over night? I'm sure the transition period started LONG before we were ever aware of it man... I'm not making excuses for them but the simple fact of the matter is the Devs have to do what they are told to do... And when you have to scrap a large portion of your work because your new boss/es want something completely different there is really nothing that they can do.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
As we've been doing since March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November...
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:

Seeing as how that content was already delayed for quite some time, you can not claim that the purchase by PW had anything to do with it, Unless your contending that the sale was in the works since what month 3?

I do want to see STO succeed, but i will not pull blinders over my eyes, or stick my head in the sand. Cryptic has used ever excuse in the book, and as anyone can see, the playerbase is tired of it.