Lt. Commander
# 31
11-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
Seeing as how that content was already delayed for quite some time, you can not claim that the purchase by PW had anything to do with it, Unless your contending that the sale was in the works since what month 3?

I do want to see STO succeed, but i will not pull blinders over my eyes, or stick my head in the sand. Cryptic has used ever excuse in the book, and as anyone can see, the playerbase is tired of it.
I would also say they started to develop F2P for STO. As soon as Champions reported profit increases, that's probably what stopped game play content also. They were probably working on F2P before Atari decided to divest in Cryptic. I have no way of know but that's my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I would also say they started to develop F2P for STO. As soon as Champions reported profit increases, that's probably what stopped game play content also. They were probably working on F2P before Atari decided to divest in Cryptic. I have no way of know but that's my opinion.
Dhstal and Dangelo have both been quoted as saying" F2P was always their intention for STO", so anything to include F2P in their pitiful excuses doesn't wash.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I'd be happy with as long as four weeks between FE Series (and one week between episodes within a series), since that's about how long the "special" reward from the final episode of each series should be available. and I know it takes time to create quality content. That ought to be long enough for professionals working full-time.

And speaking of full-time professionals, STO has (or had) a lead writer, Kestrel. What has she been doing for the last eight months? Writing episodes that aren't being made? Or sleeping under her desk?