Lt. Commander
# 21
11-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
yipee, now the devs are spending their time making content that'll only appear for a month or so. Great use of your resources there, Cryptic...
This, quoted for truth.

Cryptics priorities are so out of control, they should just shut up shop now and be done with it...
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
This, quoted for truth.

Cryptics priorities are so out of control, they should just shut up shop now and be done with it...
Quoted for truth.

As it stand now all I want is for cryptic to loose the IP and the IP given to a more competend game designer and game developer.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-18-2011, 06:59 AM
How about a pvp day called "Kirk it up, noob" day?
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Wanna know what my preference would be, CBS permitting?

A trip into the Nexus?

When the calendar rolls over to 2410 officially, we're due for it to return.

Maybe it could be setup so that once it comes back through, the Hobus Supernova will have adjusted its path so it gets stuck in a one year repeating cycle and we could have, in the future, the Picard Christmas zone and Kirk's ranch open up as Nexus zones from around November 1st through January 2nd or so every year, with reward events tied to them.

I can't imagine that being ready THIS year but that's whatI'd like to see longterm: Holiday Nexus event. And it's a longshot but I'd love it if Guinan's echo was the host of the event. So you know every holiday season that Guinan will send you on a bunch of Nexus holiday adventures.

As an alternative to that, it would be awesome to have a Holiday on the Edge of Forever mission where we go back to Edith Keeler's mission to clean-up any damage and take care of the homeless people displaced by the head of the mission being killed with Salvation Army Santa disguises (to avoid contaminating the timeline). Maybe to tie it all in a little better, we get sent by Gary Seven's agency (which is faction neutral) and are investigating someone who doesn't belong in that era. That would take maybe half a dozen new costumes and a bunch of new building assets though.

Heck... What if we were investigating a bunch of Romulan temporal saboteurs? So you've got a bunch of pointy eared people in a secret workshop that gets conflated with elves.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Wanna know what my preference would be, CBS permitting?
Paramount owns those rights. That might be why we haven't seen it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
ummmm exactly WHAT KIND of bird meat are we discussing here ??

since its burned and replicated.... you really don't want to know.

There is a reason KDF ships have cooks and few replicators.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Paramount owns those rights. That might be why we haven't seen it.
I believe there has been a shift there, with CBS taking over everything except the Abrams movie, at the very least as a sub-licensee.

CafePress specifically cites CBS as their licencor on NOT ONLY the TV shows but also the films now.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If STO is going to put in holiday events, then they should be Star Trek Holidays like:
First Contact Day - April 5
Federation Day
Day of Honour

Traditional holidays don't seem to be celebrated on Star Trek so they shouldn't be celebrated in STO.
^ Christmas has been shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracknell

As it stand now all I want is for cryptic to loose the IP and the IP given to a more competend game designer and game developer.
Quoted for truth.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
since its burned and replicated.... you really don't want to know.

There is a reason KDF ships have cooks and few replicators.
As long as it's not from the vulture class or clann

I'd hate to end up on someone table .. instead of AT the table for dinner

Lt. Commander
# 30
11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
yipee, now the devs are spending their time making content that'll only appear for a month or so. Great use of your resources there, Cryptic...
QFT.

I started a thread about this here:http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=241176

I tried to refrain from posting it earlier in this thread as this post was mostly positive (some good ideas for NEXT year), but now that the horse is out of the barn....

Seriously, this event could EASILY have waited, SO much stuff to finish in STO at this critical time and they are assigning people to create "holiday" items and code NPC interactions NOW!?!?

Just as my other post alluded to, we're seeing a repeat of how SWG failed epically (read LOST HUGE INCOME) with priorities totally out in left field....

Closed Thread