Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Speaking about TOR links, I wouldn't mind some conformation about the alleged "TOR cash store" that only Lev seems to know about. A swift Google can't find anything other than speculation.
Look for info on the TOR gay companions. They said they'd be selling those in a "paid content expansion" shortly after launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Look for info on the TOR gay companions. They said they'd be selling those in a "paid content expansion" shortly after launch.
While I have little doubts that SWTOR won't be charging for content in a DLC fashion (given the cost of voice over work), I think that it's too soon to make that judgement. I think people will gladly support a game that has good content via paid dlc, rather than a game with infrequent mission updates and a cash store (like STO).

With that said, I really enjoyed SWTOR stress test weekend last week but the game sadly lacks a lot of polish considering it's almost a month from release (GFX bugs, misfiring dialogue, lack of lip-sync in places).

Granted, the gameplay itself in SWTOR is much more enjoyable--the Blakc Talon flashpoint is easily better than anything STO currently has to offer, even with its trash mobs (who require more tactics than STO's).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
11-18-2011, 01:58 PM
maybe tor should be discussed in another thread
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
11-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
While I have little doubts that SWTOR won't be charging for content in a DLC fashion (given the cost of voice over work), I think that it's too soon to make that judgement. I think people will gladly support a game that has good content via paid dlc, rather than a game with infrequent mission updates and a cash store (like STO).

With that said, I really enjoyed SWTOR stress test weekend last week but the game sadly lacks a lot of polish considering it's almost a month from release (GFX bugs, misfiring dialogue, lack of lip-sync in places).

Granted, the gameplay itself in SWTOR is much more enjoyable--the Blakc Talon flashpoint is easily better than anything STO currently has to offer, even with its trash mobs (who require more tactics than STO's).
When I tested about the only thing I found was some graphical errors in the story movies. Auto run kept cutting off for me that was frustrating.

In your last post I think that vendor is just where you can clean out your bags out in the middle of no where.

The flashpoint was pretty darn good. I liked that you could go with a whole team or go with just two and take your companions. Me as a Trooper and a Jedi Counselor went through it, my first run. I went with a full team on my Bounty Hunter and had more trouble. So difficulty may scale also

That's where Cryptic dropped the ball on ground fleet actions. They should have let people do them with their bridge officers. STF's also, two people could take three BO's. This game needs more diversity and game play options. Cryptic seems to favor you'll play one way and one way only.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
11-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Speaking about TOR links, I wouldn't mind some conformation about the alleged "TOR cash store" that only Lev seems to know about. A swift Google can't find anything other than speculation.
A cash shop wouldn't bother me if they don't neglect the rest of the game, and only sell cosmetic stuff. I will spend a little more if I am satisfied with the game and the way it's managed. I haven't bought c-points in over a year, and I wont unless they turn this game around.

I played WoW three years and probably spent two thousand dollars total. Switched from PVP to PVE servers, switched battle groups a few times. Switched some characters to Alliance and re customized a few and bought a couple of pets. I no longer play WoW and don't regret the money I spent. I regret five dollar purchases in STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
11-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
A cash shop wouldn't bother me if they don't neglect the rest of the game, and only sell cosmetic stuff. I will spend a little more if I am satisfied with the game and the way it's managed. I haven't bought c-points in over a year, and I wont unless they turn this game around.

I played WoW three years and probably spent two thousand dollars total. Switched from PVP to PVE servers, switched battle groups a few times. Switched some characters to Alliance and re customized a few and bought a couple of pets. I no longer play WoW and don't regret the money I spent. I regret five dollar purchases in STO.
At what point did they disappoint you? The "the engine we have for STO can make content quickly" and not make any content for half the life of the game or spend a year making C-Store junk and readying the game for F2P and still expect people to pay?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
11-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
At what point did they disappoint you? The "the engine we have for STO can make content quickly" and not make any content for half the life of the game or spend a year making C-Store junk and readying the game for F2P and still expect people to pay?
this game has spent 2 years on that Cstore only frist years there where thing here and there that was not cstore
but this game has seen more Cstore items then the hole game has got Stf misson ect
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
11-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
How about a pvp day called "Kirk it up, noob" day?
Yes awesomeness!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
At what point did they disappoint you? The "the engine we have for STO can make content quickly" and not make any content for half the life of the game or spend a year making C-Store junk and readying the game for F2P and still expect people to pay?
Around July of 2010 or when ever Dan said to vote with your wallet. I decided not to spend any more on c-store, because that was all they were making. They wouldn't fix many bugs and content was coming much at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
11-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBishop
maybe tor should be discussed in another thread
Maybe it should be discussed on another forum. Just a thought gang.

Stormshade
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.