Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Well as far as the Connie goes, thats supposedly a CBS issue. And honestly, I have no reason to doubt them on that. Why? Because letting people buy a T5 connie or skin would MAKE them money. They have no reason not to allow unless its beyond their control.
That's not the Constitution class, though. Saying "No T5 Connie" is redundant. That's not a Connie, ergo the argument should be moot.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-17-2011, 01:25 PM
The description for the Exeter Class is wrong on the front page. It has the description of the Venture (Galaxy class refit) with antimatter spread.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
That's not the Constitution class, though. Saying "No T5 Connie" is redundant. That's not a Connie, ergo the argument should be moot.
Class? No. Variant? Yes. And the Exeter parts are interchangeable with the T2 connie parts. So if CBS wont allow a T5 connie then they probably wont allow something that is simply a variant or is interchangeable with it either.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I do love the Exeter. I've been using her on tribble and slowing down my lvling just to hold onto her a little longer. My only issue is with the console. The torpedo tracker is cool in theory but I'll bet it is really good for pvp but in pve there really aren't a lot of vessels that do a lot of cloaking. And when they do, it's sort of race to see if the torpedo can hit before the ship decloaks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Considering how quickly the Raptor and Bird of Prey can turn in comparison to the Battle Cruisers, I don't think I like that Graviton Console...
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Class? No. Variant? Yes. And the Exeter parts are interchangeable with the T2 connie parts. So if CBS wont allow a T5 connie then they probably wont allow something that is simply a variant or is interchangeable with it either.
Okay, fair enough, but why not release it without the Constitution components to it? CBS can't say that the Excalibur, Vespa and the Exeter-classes can't be T5. none of them are the Connie. Yes, I realize they probably could nickle and dome the situation but in theory.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Why first 2? by the time you got 2 stipends, teh prise will be cut in half most likely... Tribble C-Store has it listed as 400 (T2)
Why would they sell them for 800 now then?
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
I love the Exeter. My specific feedback is essentially nitpicking, but overall I like the ship.

Bridge: The Exeter's bridge is a... whimpy blunted cone. It's boring and disappointing to look at - especially considering that every other variant has a more appealing-looking bridge and that it encourages the impression hat the dorsal saucer is low on detail rather than streamlined.

Torpedo launchers: The front launchers feel too streamlined and integrated seamlessly into the neck and this greatly understates their presence. As for the aft launchers... we don't see any. Oh, I do see black pimples... but those are not torpedo launchers.

Console: I fail to see why a weapon-oriented console is limited to the cruisers. You're telling me that science ships should be unable to equip science equipment that gives a sensor bonus and allows to sometime fire cloak-tracking torpedoes?
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-17-2011, 06:14 PM
I would love too see them allow the kling ships to have their skins be portable to tier 5 since all raptors and BoP snd some battlecruisers share a very similiar design I don't see much reason why we can't have the skin option for higher tiers. Even if they don't want to part up the ships they could at least allow you to use a straigth port of the skin. would be nice if we could get the same option for the gorn/orion/and nausicaan ships as they have very little customization.

Fed ships are harder to make universal skins for cause the ships have to much variance in form from ship to ship.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Considering how quickly the Raptor and Bird of Prey can turn in comparison to the Battle Cruisers, I don't think I like that Graviton Console...
Federation response. eh? ... Well, just remember Feds have consoles we don't like either so we are even.

Like the new console.