Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Do you mean the cargo vessel ones that were on tribble at one point? They were really poorly designed with only one spawn point. It was really easy to destroy the ships and they became spawn point camping. I think they just did away with them all together.
Oh thats right. But why didnt they just make each faction spawn on the opposite end of the map or create multiple spawn points for each faction?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What was the problem again? Its been a while so I cant remember.
lol neither can i exactly. spawn points where all wrong if i remember correctly and i think there may have been problems with people entering completed instances.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
some people here wrote that pvp is unbalanced at the moment because of various reasons, how was this meant to work if there were no improvements? if a def refit and a bop were in a pvp patrol, they both would be hiding forever, but then again if it was something like an assault cruiser vs a bop, the kdf player can choose when and where to fight and that enhanced cloak would probably make the fight last indefinately.

some of these issues needs to be solved before pvp patrol missions can become reality imo. eliminating the cloak would equalise the playing field quite considerably for that specific mission or missions on patrol.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
No, this had nothing to do with PvP balance but like said previously, people able to spawn camp and players immediately respawning to enter the fight, which made it impossible for Klingon players to scan the freighter.

In short: Good intention, bad implementation.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
No, this had nothing to do with PvP balance but like said previously, people able to spawn camp and players immediately respawning to enter the fight, which made it impossible for Klingon players to scan the freighter.

In short: Good intention, bad implementation.
i wasnt writing about the spawn points at moment, but the pvp balance. but since you mention it, i have seen 1st hand on spawn problems with feds and kdf on the same side spawn and trust me it isnt pretty, kdf or feds get completely massacred before they have a chance to defend themselves and from there is a turkey shoot. it's not fun from both sides other then to stat pad your pvp accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Oh thats right. But why didnt they just make each faction spawn on the opposite end of the map or create multiple spawn points for each faction?
I don't know we asked for two spawn points, some asked for random spawn points. We told them we were excited about them and gave feed back about the problems. I got the impression they were upset from the feed back and removed them.

The concept was great they just had to many problems. What they need to be is the cargo vessels are at level cap. Every player that enters one gets scaled up also.

The ships need a lot of hit points and they need to keep moving. Like two sets of three ships moving across the instance. When they are at the end of the instance they warp out. When all six are either destroyed or they have all completed their progression. Then the instance would close. There also needs to be two spawn points.

Things like these missions can make the game a lot more dynamic and give it more immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
i wasnt writing about the spawn points at moment, but the pvp balance. but since you mention it, i have seen 1st hand on spawn problems with feds and kdf on the same side spawn and trust me it isnt pretty, kdf or feds get completely massacred before they have a chance to defend themselves and from there is a turkey shoot. it's not fun from both sides other then to stat pad your pvp accolade.
I know you wasn't writing about spawn points, you said the problem was PvP Balance. Which had nothing to do with those new zones. As I said, people didn't like that both sides had the same respawn points, players outside the safe zone could attack those win the safe spots, and that Klingon players had no chance of scanning the freighter due to players instantly respawning.

So even if they did add seperate respawn points, it didn't solve the other problems. Which is likely that the idea got scrapped.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-17-2011, 01:25 PM
The other problem was you could interrupt the scanning to easy. They need to just do away with the scanning.

The federation would defend the transports and they would get anomalies for the ships that warped out. The klingon would get anomalies from the ones destroyed.

The Fedration would get the same XP from a transport escaping, that the Klingons would get from destroying one.

XP and dilithium would be awarded to which ever side won. Who ever had four ships escaping or destroyed would win. If it was a draw each side would get a win.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I know you wasn't writing about spawn points, you said the problem was PvP Balance. Which had nothing to do with those new zones. As I said, people didn't like that both sides had the same respawn points, players outside the safe zone could attack those win the safe spots, and that Klingon players had no chance of scanning the freighter due to players instantly respawning.

So even if they did add seperate respawn points, it didn't solve the other problems. Which is likely that the idea got scrapped.
fubar'd for sure, the map should be pulled and redesigned to be alot more easier instead of just changing spawn points.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
They didn't get it right in Ker'rat for two years now, so it may be a fundamental problem with the engine? You can have multiple respawn points, but you can't have more than one "Mission Start Point"? On the other hand, it works in Arenas and CNHs...

I really don't know. Maybe the only programmer that new it was killed in a freak accident involving the cup-board in the kitchen and an assimilated tribble and left behind no comments or notes on how to do it.