Lt. Commander
# 61
01-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What ever happened to those open PvP patrol missions? What is the ETA on those?
Cryptics official eta is.....soonish
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacd View Post
Cryptics official eta is.....soonish
You forgot the ...

Lt. Commander
# 63
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They didn't get it right in Ker'rat for two years now, so it may be a fundamental problem with the engine? You can have multiple respawn points, but you can't have more than one "Mission Start Point"? On the other hand, it works in Arenas and CNHs...

I really don't know. Maybe the only programmer that new it was killed in a freak accident involving the cup-board in the kitchen and an assimilated tribble and left behind no comments or notes on how to do it.
Based on information provided by Heretic, it may have been other programmers that took him out in his sleep.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Based on information provided by Heretic, it may have been other programmers that took him out in his sleep.

Thereby lies a tale..., that one should Never Fall Asleep, in one's Cubical.

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post

We know that they're taking a content guy out of rotation and devoting him entirely to designing and building new PVP stuff.
Weren't they doing that about 20 months ago? Or did they say that again recently?
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Weren't they doing that about 20 months ago? Or did they say that again recently?
I think this is the third time they've said it :p

But this latest one was recent.
Lt. Commander
# 67 That seems weird
01-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They didn't get it right in Ker'rat for two years now, so it may be a fundamental problem with the engine? You can have multiple respawn points, but you can't have more than one "Mission Start Point"? On the other hand, it works in Arenas and CNHs...

I really don't know. Maybe the only programmer that new it was killed in a freak accident involving the cup-board in the kitchen and an assimilated tribble and left behind no comments or notes on how to do it.
It seems incredible to think that their engine can't have multiple spawn points. I'm pretty sure that can't be true since some missions have multiple spawn points. but Ker'rat did remain broken for the last 2 years. Dan Stahl said he wanted to nuke it from orbit. But it seems to me that it wouldn't have been that hard to fix the problems with it if they'd made it a priority. The two biggest problems were lack of spawn points and borg ships that went inside the geometry. Some better collision detection should have fixed the latter.

I had to laugh at the second part of the post. You're right on as usual.

As for the subject of the post, the open pvp patrols, they put them aside when they put everything else aside when they decided to go f2p. Maybe since they're partially done they will come back this year as part of the non-FE content Stephen said would be coming.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
any news Mr. PWE_BranFlakes ?