Lieutenant
I have crashed to desk top 5 times today??!? never was a problem b4,anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Yeah those Tac cubes are getting scarier by the minute. How long till a video shows up in which 5 guys are doing Infected Elite in their shuttles in under 5 minutes I wonder?
Captain
# 2
12-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Over the past week or two, I've had 10 "game client cancelled" errors (which exit only to desktop, not back to STO login screen). Just this evening, got disconnected once. And I've had the modem hung once (which requires shutdown/reboot of both modem and PC). What fun. *sour look*

Maybe the software is trying to hint that since I log-in old-fashioned style via desktop icon, not via Steam or Arc, I'm obviously doing it the wrong way (i.e., not the new way). Tough luck. I'm going to keep doing it from the desktop.
Captain
# 3
12-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Ever since the winter event went live I've had random crashes.

Captain
# 4
12-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygn0sis View Post
I have crashed to desk top 5 times today??!? never was a problem b4,anyone else?

It has been getting considerablly worse for some. That is to say, for me. ESPECIALLY in Q's winter wonderland and especially when transferring maps. That's why I always save the ground event for last...

You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Career Officer
# 5
12-14-2014, 08:12 PM
So far no, no problems.

However if you have a habit of alt-Tabbing in and out a lot, I suggest going to the Change Character screen first.
Captain
# 6
12-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Down in the bugs forum there are several threads about this, with no real dev input. I've been crashing anytime i hit combat, and even just randomly for the last week and a half. It's screwed me out of the elachi event and the XP i could have been grinding and if they hadn't dropped the tides of ice limits on the warp core and winter event items (due to a different bug), i would be missing those as well. The game has been unplayable the entire time do to crashing every 4-7 minutes. It's a bit ridiculous, and i'm surprised people are more upset just yet.
Career Officer
# 7
12-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Since the last patch, map transfers have caused crashes for me.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - Unused Romulan Notifications

Lieutenant
# 8
12-14-2014, 09:10 PM
mine have been mainly at map transfers,and once during undine battle zone.devs have been silent for a lil while,maybe it was a stealth patch gone awry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Yeah those Tac cubes are getting scarier by the minute. How long till a video shows up in which 5 guys are doing Infected Elite in their shuttles in under 5 minutes I wonder?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygn0sis View Post
Your lucky min crashes switching toons , warping out someplace , going to winter wonderland , makes my batts disappear every time , 50% of time my gears changed off ship as well as a few of my tray abilities poof gone i save repeatedly , I also know how to use load outs correct all this has happened since my first beam out to wonderland once it started ..... woe is me .... i get logged out 20x a day (((
Rihannsu
# 10
12-15-2014, 03:23 AM
Mine tends to crash in PvE queues since the last patch...first time I enter a queue, as soon as combat begins, hello desktop. Then I restart the game and it puts me back in the fight and everything works just fine again.