Lieutenant
# 1071
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
My connection also does not go through Cogent. Mine goes through Alter Communications. It does, interestingly, go through Boston as well, but not through Cogent.

I live in California. Cryptic hosts in California. Why is my connection going all the way through Boston?
My best guess is the load balancer that that is used to converge their IPS(s) connections, depending on route, is at fault. Hence, a different location = a different trace route.

This is probably NOT a perfect world owned bit of equipment.
Career Officer
# 1072
All this fuss over a few minor changes, according to the Patch Notes.

Looking forward to Thursday, when the 3 year anniverary event is slated to begin (according to the in-game calender). Why not just patch that today and save us another day of broken launcher issues?
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 1073
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Captains, as I've mentioned, the team is continuing to investigate. This started occurring before the patch, so it's not related.
I managed to log on perfectly earlier (before the patch). It has only been since the patch update that my launcher wont load.
Lieutenant
# 1074
01-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
Thank you for the information Brandon. I'd like to defend Cryptic's support and say they are going above and beyond the call of duty to solve this sort of thing (not specifically this) BUT given Cryptic's track record I can understand why quite a few people are sharpening their pitchforks and lighting torches. It's not the first time Cryptic's taken something working and broken it.

Still "patience is a virtue" or for those seeking a trek quote; "Time is patience so we must be patient with it".
Above and beyond the call of duty?

Excuse me, but keeping their servers accessable is part of their call of duty. There is nothing above and beyond about them working on this. It is their job, and it is what we pay them for.
Captain
# 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrown2 View Post
Cryptic is located in California. The servers are located in the Boston area. Better for people across the pond.
I live in the Boston area, and I am not able to connect.

Perhaps there is truth to your statement.
Career Officer
# 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
You missed the point.

Regardless about how bad it is now, Cryptic said it was our service provider's fault.

Cryptic technically blamed our connections for something in which is happening in-house.
As I said, I didn't see them say that which is why I asked where it was said by the devs.

Although honestly, I can see why they would blame the ISP first, especially if it seems to be a regional issue. From what I've read, once they realized it isn't regional they began investigating.
Career Officer
# 1077
Must really suk to have the problem be 1500+ miles away from where They are.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Commander
# 1078
01-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I live in the Boston area, and I am not able to connect.

Perhaps there is truth to your statement.
But you can confirm Boston is still there? No big explosions anything?

He's dead, Jim.
Lieutenant
# 1079
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not bashing, usually their maintenance is routine & finishes before the stated time, but they could just upload the patch, give us the url to download it so we can move it into our sto folder and run the exe.
Ensign
# 1080
I remember having this problem back in Season 1; but, I would have thought they would be byond this issue, now. I am having the same issue as the OP. Checked everything. I can sign into other MMO's, but not STO.