Career Officer
# 111
08-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I was having this issue.

Its now fixed. I did this:

Open CMD in admin mode.

The launcher opened as it should for me after doing this. It may be coincidental with some techsupport solution - but it worked, and you should conider trying it : it basically clears the cobwebs out of your isp connection.
Gave it a shot. no go! It may be coincidental, there have been a few times in the last week when I got the launcher and could pull it up consecutively, so maybe it just worked out you hit it right after doing this. Last week I was in the game and went to desktop and tried the launcher and got the time out while the game was running! So once you are in its fine. Please sort this out Cryptic, or tell us you dont have a clue so we can accept it and move on! lol
Ensign
# 112
08-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
I was having this issue.

Open CMD in admin mode.

The launcher opened as it should for me after doing this. It may be coincidental with some techsupport solution - but it worked, and you should conider trying it : it basically clears the cobwebs out of your isp connection.
Tried. Like everything else, it didn't work.

As for my specs:

OS - Windows 7 64-bit
ISP - Charter Communications
Commander
# 113
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
I was having this issue.

Open CMD in admin mode.

Yeah, I just tried this as well and it didn't help at all for me either, sadly. I had tried a variation of your suggestion earlier, but I hadn't run 'ipconfig/flushdns'. Alas, even adding that last suggested command hasn't resolved the problem.

Nynik, can't help asking if perhaps you restarted your system, after you ran those 'ipconfig' command lines?
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Career Officer
# 114
08-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Nope. I did pray to a higher power and also drank water from the wrong side of a glass. SO they may help too.

I did clear my various browser caches. Thoroughly (even for ones I don't use often if they had not been cleared through my preferred method). IIRC the launcher does work with internet explorer in some hocus pocus way - although that might not be the case at all.

Sorry to hear things are still a no go.

I would suggest heading over the the official PW tech support site though as well. Darthpanda (dev) is quite active there and helping people.

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 115
08-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Well Brandon hopefully has the team on it, there has to be a workaround or something they can do. Once back in 2010 there was a problem with the launcher not patching right so some couldnt get into the game and they gave us a launcher that didnt update to allow us in. I wonder in this case if we could get something similar like a launcher that opens on our side, then tries to connect or something because then we could at least play with the proxy options etc. Sadly even running GameClient.exe is a no go. I have no issues connecting to Steam , EA servers for Mass Effect, Arena Net for both Guild Wars, Cyan for Uru Live etc. This is the only problem, and maddening as hell.
Ensign
# 116
08-17-2012, 05:49 PM
just got my email today from support

and can you guest what they have told me agian to do?

i am thinking they are just opening an book closing thier eyes and flipping some pages where they stop, thats what they tell you todo

are they even reading my replys?

i told them all my drivers are up to date checked 2 times just incase

and then they ask about the fire wall and antuvirus , turned them all off and still did not work, told them last reply

then they say force verify on the game laucher my when i sent the ticket in the first time i told that was not coming up

so any mod on, can you find out if they are even reading my replys?

any thing new in this email was to diabling the autopatcher, dose any one know how to do that?
Career Officer
# 117
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Support has ignored me altogether I havent heard from them in a few days, my ticket is just hanging out there. I think at this point support is useless, we just have to pray branflakes and the team come through for us.
Commander
# 118
08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Nope. I did pray to a higher power and also drank water from the wrong side of a glass. SO they may help too.

I did clear my various browser caches. Thoroughly (even for ones I don't use often if they had not been cleared through my preferred method). IIRC the launcher does work with internet explorer in some hocus pocus way - although that might not be the case at all.

Sorry to hear things are still a no go.

I would suggest heading over the the official PW tech support site though as well. Darthpanda (dev) is quite active there and helping people.

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
I tried everything you suggested Nynik, save the prayer and sideshot of water. Made sure to clear both my browser caches thoroughly, ran a 'clean disk', ran the ipconfig commands, and then performed a shutdown and clean bootup of my system before attempting STO login. Still no login love sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warslord1 View Post
just got my email today from support

and can you guest what they have told me agian to do?

i am thinking they are just opening an book closing thier eyes and flipping some pages where they stop, thats what they tell you todo

are they even reading my replys?

i told them all my drivers are up to date checked 2 times just incase

and then they ask about the fire wall and antuvirus , turned them all off and still did not work, told them last reply

then they say force verify on the game laucher my when i sent the ticket in the first time i told that was not coming up

so any mod on, can you find out if they are even reading my replys?

any thing new in this email was to diabling the autopatcher, dose any one know how to do that?
Warslord1, I'm intrigued by the last sentence of your post. They suggested 'disabling the autopatcher'? If so and if they were suggesting uninstalling 'Panda Media Booster', then I can tell you that doesn't solve this problem either, as I've already uninstalled 'Panda Media Booster'. From what I understand, it's useless after game install anyhow. To delete it, simply go to Control Panel, then 'Programs and Features', then highlight 'Panda Media Booster' and click on 'Uninstall' up top.

Again, doing all that still hasn't resolved this problem. Yet, from what I understand, when and if we're able to log back into STO, uninstalling PMB.exe should help with mitigating lag issues, if you've ever had 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannon3 View Post
Support has ignored me altogether I havent heard from them in a few days, my ticket is just hanging out there. I think at this point support is useless, we just have to pray branflakes and the team come through for us.
Bannon3, yeah, at this point, I can't help agreeing with your assessment that it's up to Branflakes and the team to resolve this. And I may be wrong, but I'm starting to think that we won't be able to log back in to STO, until they've determined the problem and then apply a server maintenance to resolve the issue.

UPDATE: Okies, I just got back a response from PWE Support and here's what they sent me:

"Response Via Email (Kortana Turing) 08/17/2012 06:26 PM
Greetings Player,

Please first restart your computer and network hardware and try again a little bit later before trying anything else. This is critical that you restart your network gear.

You can try running Options > Force Verify and let the process complete and try again.

You can try disabling On Demand Patching.

You cant ry reinstalling the game with the newest game client."

Just to be clear about this obvious form email, which it seems everyone here has been getting:

1. I've restarted the computer several times (both via system restart and shutdown and startup). No effect in resolving the problem.

2. By 'restarting the network hardware', are they suggesting that I completely disconnect and reboot my cable modem? If so, then I haven't tried that. Yet, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, but haven't all those 'ipconfig' commands (release, renew and flushdns) pretty much performed the same thing as a physical disconnect, cut power and then reconnect, resume power? I'll give that a try anyhow, but I don't really see the point of doing so.

3. Like everyone else, I can't 'Force Verify', 'cause I can't even access the frakkin' STO login screen/patch updater!

4. "Try disabling On Demand Patching"? How does one do this? If means unistalling 'Panda Media Booster', then I've already done this.

5. "Try reinstalling the game with the newest game client"? What good would this do? I've already noted that a few people in this thread have gone through that hassle repeatedly, to no avail. What's more, I suspect that following such advice could potentially cause more harm than good.

So, yeah, PWE Support seems utterly useless! Hope Branflakes and his 'investigators' come to the rescue soon!
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71

Last edited by methos71; 08-17-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Lieutenant
# 119
08-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I had to run a force verify this morning because my game was inexplicably in a version mismatch since last night and didn't auto-patch. Unlike previously, the verify process did not appear to be doing anything for a long time, until it finished suddenly after about 5 minutes. Nothing like a total lack of progress bar to make my game day interesting.
Career Officer
# 120
08-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Just for ****s and giggles I am going to go ahead and download the game and put it into another folder, leaving my current install alone (just in case). I will update this after it completes, one way or another. But my hopes arent up or anything, also now I know what this Pando Media Booster is, the downloader installs it, up to now I didnt have it installed, not to get off topic cause we need to keep the pressure on, but what is it for or what does it do?