Empire Veteran
# 201
08-20-2012, 05:31 PM
reinstalling now.. I know others have tried, but not doing anything on the computer anyway.

I did put in a support ticket and suggest others to do the same if you haven't already.

my next step will be to cry kick and scream, then go through Steam cry kick and scream, repeat

Last edited by emt27; 08-20-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Commander
# 202
08-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt27 View Post
reinstalling now.. I know others have tried, but not doing anything on the computer anyway.

I did put in a support ticket and suggest others to do the dame if you haven't already.

my next step will be to cry kick and scream, then go through Steam cry kick and scream, repeat
Yes, I would absolutely recommend that everyone in this thread post a support ticket to PWE Tech Support and keep sending them reports until this matter has been resolved! I have endeavored to contact them again, via my email's 'reply' button, twice since they initially contacted me on Friday, with their useless form letter of suggestions. Yet, I'm also going to re-initiate contact with them, via their website. Not sure what good it might do. Yet, if we all keep flooding them with tickets regarding this problem, something's gotta give eventually.

I really do wish that Grouchyotaku would peek into this thread and respond again; as I've been thinking that he might be on to something, regarding these 'Nettest' results of ours having repeating port tests.

I've noticed that there are similarly effected players in this thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...225155&page=19 as well. Some of them have been able to login, but only briefly, most have been frequently disconnected and others, like us, can't access the STO login/update launcher at all. Yet, I did notice that all of their posted 'Nettest' results look like ours, with repeated testing of ports. And Grouchyotaku stated that such repeat port testing did not seem normal to him.

Might be something to that. Might not. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone about this, until if and when Grouchyotaku chimes in again with some insight.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Survivor of Romulus
# 203
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I just don't get why it's affecting a small number of us?

It could be a port issue it could be a routing issue between isp's and cryptic servers as looking at the trace routes in the other thread after the cogent.com router it's on cryptics server afterwards.

But as I said earlier the blatant silence we're enduring isn't helping the matter and all it would take is a dev or tech guy saying "I'm looking in to it" to make us feel looked after

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran

Last edited by averydd; 08-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 204
08-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by averydd View Post
I just don't get why it's affecting a small number of us?

It could be a port issue it could be a routing issue between isp's and cryptically servers as looking at the trace routes in the other thread after the cogent.com router it's on cryptics server afterwards.

But as I said earlier the blatant silence we're enduring isn't helping the matter and all it would take is a dev or tech guy saying "I'm looking in to it" to make us feel looked after
As I have said I feel your pain, if it is our ISP why isnt everything else affected? If theres an issue its up to Cryptic to figure out why the block is happening and adjust their equipment to compensate. We have all provided a wealth of data here, put it all together Cryptic come on. Anyway as I have also said they have to Sept 10 then I am done, and I wont check back until sometime next year and then I wont be so quick to come back. I will test the servers for a few days to see if the connection is consistent. In the meantime I have a whole slew of stuff, Fallout NV, Skyrim and all the DLCs, the new Mass Effect 3 DLCs and GW2. So I really dont need this hassle. Mass Effect Bioware at least listens to its community and helps accordingly. I am done for today, lets hope for some news tomorrow.
Ensign
# 205
08-20-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm pretty much fed up. I can't access my subscription information from the website since it goes through Cryptic's website (which I haven't been able to access since these problems started). Does anyone happen to know the email address for Accounts and Billing?
Commander
# 206
08-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Man, does this just keep getting better and better!!! (Heavy note of sarcasm here!) I just tried to contact PWE Tech Support, directly via their website (redirected via the link at the top of this page). I get there and go to login, to file another ticket. Then Google Chrome tells me "This webpage has a redirect loop", followed by all sorts of gibberish and ' Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.' in conclusion.

So, I try out MS Explorer. Explorer allows me to see the login, screenname and password entry spots. So, I type in my stuff and hit the login button. Explorer just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning, to no avail.

Seems that now, I can't even file another ticket, as a follow-up to my first ticket.

Really hope the replies to the email PWE Tech Support sent me have been getting through, via Hotmail. Not that I suspect it might do much good at this point.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
methos71
Empire Veteran
# 207
08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
I went to the install folder (right click on your startrek icon and find target) and did the uninstall

Then reinstalled program via startrekonline.com.. and looks good so far

been able to log in 2 times.. yes
Commander
# 208
08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt27 View Post
I went to the install folder (right click on your startrek icon and find target) and did the uninstall

Then reinstalled program via startrekonline.com.. and looks good so far

been able to log in 2 times.. yes
Having read your post, shortly after you posted it, I thought I might do the same thing...again. This time, beyond digging into the registry, I made sure any and every trace of STO was wiped after my uninstall. I then reinstalled via startrekonline.com, as you did EMT27. And I'm still getting the same response, 'Trying to update launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 2 times.', followed by the dreaded 'Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Etc., etc., etc...'.

Glad ya got lucky EMT27! Yet, I'm thinking that most of us are still stuck. And still not a single word back from PWEBranflakes.
methos71
Survivor of Romulus
# 209
08-21-2012, 12:12 AM
I tried using my phone as a personal hotspot and low and behold it brings the launcher up in seconds on my laptop and desktop.

I have not changed anything on the machines except the Internet connection. So it shouldn't be the computers, we all drop packets before they reach cryptic.

A lot of the traces I've seen here drop after the cogentco.com b06 router in Boston.

Oh well if this doesn't get sorted before long I'll just get annoyed and go back to Eve for a while whilst they "try" to investigate. I'm disappointed in the service or lack of it we've received here one sorry from branflakes and then 5 days of silence isn't what I've come to expect.

Survivor of Romulus
# 210
08-21-2012, 01:20 AM
Well I just got off the phone with my ISP tech support, which I must say were rather polite and helpful for what they could do. Virgin Media say its nothing on there end and that it's like the cryptic end as it goes from there network on to cogentco.com network and its between the last router and the cryptic server based on the trace I sent them.

Only other thing the tech bloke I had a chat with said is have cryptic changed the setting and do we need to change the ports we use?

Now if your a dev or a tech guy just drop in, say hello and that your looking at it is all we want guys, its not hard!!!!!!