Lieutenant
# 211
08-21-2012, 04:05 AM
I've given up, today I've received my fourth response from tech they promised me they were reading my ticket then again asking me to do stuff from the launcher....

Quote:
Hi Player,

Yes, did read it.
Trying to help you =)

You can try running Options > Force Verify on the game launcher menu, let that complete and try again.

You can try disabling on-demand patching and trying again.

You can try reinstalling the game with the latest game client.

Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

Did you power cycle your router and modem?
I don't know how they can claim they read it then ask me to do stuff that I have told them I've done and stuff they know I can't do like launch the launcher..
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
Rihannsu
# 212
08-21-2012, 05:04 AM
One more for your club...
Was loading KASE, when suddenly connection timed out. Could not relog in game, so decided to restart. Launcher refuses to load now, nothing helps.
I see support not very helpful with this...

Edit: After aprox 30min of loading launcher showed up login page. Attempt to login failed because next page refused to load. Launcher works very slowly and its looks like server overload to me.

Last edited by taut0u; 08-21-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 213
08-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos71 View Post
Aha!! Now I have no idea what it could mean, but your tests for the individual ports are being repeated, just like mine are. Ohhhhh and now I've just noticed, EMT27 has got the same thing going on! Might be on to something here.

Grouchyotaku, since you initially pointed this out, could you please, please tell us what this might suggest????!!!!
Unfortunately, if the issue is being caused by the ISP, or Backbone carrier, there isn't much you can do but complain to your ISP. Even PWE states (in their latest TOS statement)...

Quote:
PWE provides free-to-play, multi-player online Games to registered users and related features, functions and services available through the Website, such as community forums and other interactive areas. To access our Games, you may be required to download and install certain client software, and such access entails the use of hardware, software and Internet access (which you acknowledge play a crucial role in your user experience). You agree that PWE is not responsible for any hardware, software or Internet access, quality, suitability or unavailability issues. PWE does not provide Internet access, and you are responsible for all fees relating to telephone and Internet access charges along with all necessary equipment, servicing, repair or correction incurred in maintaining connectivity to the servers.
One thing that you could try... Its known that STO uses much more simultaneous network connections then most other MMO games, and if you're approaching the upper limit of your router/gateway connection cache, this could cause intermittent issues with sustaining connections. So try disabling voice chat, (as well as other running networked applications) and see if this improves your condition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt27 View Post
The issue is not ISP related, simply do to the diversity of players having the issue. I am pretty sure it is do to individual systems.. OS maybe windows XP here.. doubt that is the issue either..

Steam.. not running Steam myself, do have it installed though.. perhaps I will try to go that route.

Whatever the solution is I will try to find it, hope Cryptic is doing the same
If a major Internet Backbone carrier is having issues dropping packets, that could explain why a wide diversity of players (limited by region) is having issues... Though individual configurations is definitely a part of this issue, is STO is known to be incompatible with some third-party MMO utilities...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 08-21-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 214
08-21-2012, 09:08 AM
It's not the ISP I use we had an in depth look at the trace and virgin media won't do jack after it leaves their network.

I gets to a cogentco b06 router and then the next hop is meant to be the connection to cryptic server but the VM guy said it could be a ip block or some ip addresses could be blacklisted. Since my broadband is dynamic ip and they won't give me a static ip I can't test anything.

I'm just at the point where I'm thinking it's best leaving it and coming back later in the year. My fleets base should be further on and ill be annoyed I can't help but what can I do now anyway.

I'm going keep an eye out on this thread but probably won't get much help from cryptic and I gave up on there so called tech department after 10 cut and paste replies.

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
Republic Veteran
# 215
08-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi all,
Got the same issues, started 3 day ago
I am a lifetime user who has been with STO from the onset.
Went through some testing times as the games was originally under developed, stuck with it though.

I contacted Virgin who instructed me over the phone how to run tests. The conclusion was not ISP issues.

I have seen this before with Activision games.

The put the game on a backroom server with little or no Tech support, then after about 6 months shut the server down.

I hope Cryptic are not so shallow, but it don't look good.

Fingers crossed it was developing into a nice game.
Career Officer
# 216
08-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Looks as though we are still in the same boat rowing in circles, maybe we need to start becoming squeaky wheels, as much as I dislike bothering mods or employees maybe start sending messages to branflakes and other tech or community managers until we begin getting some attention, I dont know what else to do at this point, looks like we can scratch Tuesday for any type of fix or solution.
Commander
# 217
08-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannon3 View Post
Looks as though we are still in the same boat rowing in circles, maybe we need to start becoming squeaky wheels, as much as I dislike bothering mods or employees maybe start sending messages to branflakes and other tech or community managers until we begin getting some attention, I dont know what else to do at this point, looks like we can scratch Tuesday for any type of fix or solution.
Yeah, I've been eagerly checking this Forum way more than I ought to be. Foremost for the sake of hoping some fix pops up in this thread. And secondly, hoping that an announcement for a 'server maintenance' pops up, that will hopefully resolve this mess.

At this point, I'm absolutely convinced that this issue is rooted on Cryptic/PWE's end, most likely with their servers.

Should be running errands right now, but these gods-foresaken Florida flash storms have delayed me. Just waiting for this monsoon to let up right now. Must get to bank before it closes, in a little over an hour.

Speaking of Florida, someone in this thread mentioned that this might be a regional problem. Perhaps a roll call of locations might help?

Central Florida, USA, here.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71

Last edited by methos71; 08-21-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 218
08-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos71 View Post
At this point, I'm absolutely convinced that this issue is rooted on Cryptic/PWE's end, most likely with their servers..
However, if the issue was with Cryptic/PWE's end, then EVERYONE should be suffering from the problem. But this is simply not the case here... I connect from the Silicon Valley, and haven't been suffering these issues. (But then again, the Silicon Valley, being what it is, probably has a better quality connection to the Internet Backbone then most other locations...)
Career Officer
# 219
08-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
However, if the issue was with Cryptic/PWE's end, then EVERYONE should be suffering from the problem. But this is simply not the case here... I connect from the Silicon Valley, and haven't been suffering these issues. (But then again, the Silicon Valley, being what it is, probably has a better quality connection to the Internet Backbone then most other locations...)
Thats what makes it so maddening, because I want to say gee all these people can so it must be me, then I and others cant so I say it must be CRyptic, then I start thinking its me again but EVERY AND ALL Internet related operations work except one. If nothing at all worked I would know its me....if it is us then all Cryptic needs to say is, Guys we looked into this for the last 5 days and it isnt on our end etc etc, then we can all stop giving them our money and wasting our time in these forums hoping for a pie in the sky solution. BIG Sigh!

Plus week before last I was logging in just fine again for a few days, if it were my system thats got the problem that wouldnt have happened at all.

Last edited by bannon3; 08-21-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Ensign
# 220 Bull
08-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Now it has been 3 days from when I can not logg on and as I see I am not alone.
I live in NM USA and I don't think this problem is local.
The STUPID launcher auto update will not connect for everyone.
PW ... get on it for heaven's sake!
This is possibly the worst tec response I have ever seen. Even 9Dragons is better and they are the worst ... well ... maby not >.>
Someday you there at PW should do something, before the ships we use in this game are antiques.

Anybody out there? Do you tec guys even read this thread?