Republic Veteran
# 2821
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube1701 View Post
Is there any MMO that doesn't have the odd few days of downtime?

STO seems more supported than TOR is.
idk I only play this, SWTOR, and DCUO(on my PS3). It's not like STO to have this much phuck-ups as it had within the last day.

I'm thinking of going back to DCUO for a few hours...or so.
Commander
# 2822
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
How dare cryptic keep you guys from the game you hate.
Yeah, it's pretty damn unwise.
Normally our ire is focused at the game...
but in times as these it focuses on Cryptic and the forums.

He's dead, Jim.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2823
01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
From your perspective, right?

Branflakes, I respect all the hard you folks put into this game, and I have enjoyed virtually every other aspect of "Star Trek: Online". As someone who is sitting on the outside, the only thing I can verify is that this occurred after the patch and maintenance. I know you guys do not have a reason to lie; however, I just have a problem with seeing this as a coincidence.

If you guys can repeat this in-house, I just have this feeling it was cause in-house.
No, from the first post in the forums about the issue and the tweets I received before the game went into maintenance. Here is the first post, just about 1.5 hours before maintenance stated: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...241232&page=78 (starts with post #777)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 2824
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
1) I'm a network engineer so I'm qualified to make these statements:

A) The problem exists within the router/routes/cables/or physical hardware in or connected to the edge router and patch server.

B) Even if they tried to explain it 99% of you would not understand the explanation.

C) When networks break they don't often break cleanly, meaning it may be difficult to pinpoint the actual failure. So you may need to replace parts/cables/routers etc.

D) These "parts" may or may not be readily available to the engineers at/PWE/Cryptic and there will be a delay, Usually a minimum of 4 hours based on contracts with Cisco and other network providers.

E) Once the parts arrive then do need to be unpackaged, tested and "racked". Then loaded with backup configurations and tested again.

F) Finally when all that's up the connection will be restored and they will monitor the equipment and it's load, which will be much higher than normal with everyone trying to login at once.

G) So chill, its an imperfect world (pun intended), stuff breaks all the time. You should not have the expectation that it doesn't or it wont and your gaming time is NOT so valuable that you deserve compensation for a short outage.

F) Go outside...see the sun...I would but I have the flu...worse things than gaming issues exist.....get out of the MATRIX...
Lt. Commander
# 2825
01-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailmace View Post
Well, I just started playing this game yesterday. I had a few issues starting the game, but after a quick youtube visit I got it figured out. Yesterday I enjoyed the game so much, I decided to buy the steam starter pack and possibly subscribe. Got up today clicked the game and the same issue everyone is having here, "unable to establish connection to patch server" etc. Included with all the complaints I see here, leaves me wondering if anyone should spend any money here at all!
I almost considered upgrading to gold this morning, but then the same issues from yesterday reared its head. Since it seems the powers that be haven't even bothered to say whats going on, the customer service question makes me glad I didn't upgrade.

I don't know if its anyone else, but even this forum glitches up. I have to refresh refresh refresh every time I go to a new page or nothing but the logo on top appears. This makes me doubt their service is worth paying for also.
Lt. Commander
# 2826
01-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranthira View Post

A) The problem exists within the router/routes/cables/or physical hardware in or connected to the edge router and patch server.

B) Even if they tried to explain it 99% of you would not understand the explanation.

C) When networks break they don't often break cleanly, meaning it may be difficult to pinpoint the actual failure. So you may need to replace parts/cables/routers etc.

D) These "parts" may or may not be readily available to the engineers at/PWE/Cryptic and there will be a delay, Usually a minimum of 4 hours based on contracts with Cisco and other network providers.

E) Once the parts arrive then do need to be unpackaged, tested and "racked". Then loaded with backup configurations and tested again.

F) Finally when all that's up the connection will be restored and they will monitor the equipment and it's load, which will be much higher than normal with everyone trying to login at once.

G) So chill, its an imperfect world (pun intended), stuff breaks all the time. You should not have the expectation that it doesn't or it wont and your gaming time is NOT so valuable that you deserve compensation for a short outage.

F) Go outside...see the sun...I would but I have the flu...worse things than gaming issues exist.....get out of the MATRIX...
ummm not to sound stupid, but couldnt they just hook up an OHM meter or something else to find a drop in current or connection?
Old Electronic Tech...use to tune RF Microwave filters
Captain
# 2827
And here we go again and again and again

Was haplly playing then i get discconected and well what a suprise the damn client stops working again.

Idk wth is with the development team or your engineers there at cryptic but this has past irratating or even nerd rage and went to screw this i quit.

If i do try this game again it will be a long time before i do so this issue has just made me sick of STO and cryptic for that matter.

Career Officer
# 2828
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranthira View Post

You are 99% right, but if they indeed took it down for testing purposes, that is not the customer friendly way... you got it fixed (for now) you go ahead and test it in a lab, not a productive system... thats kinda rude is what it is...
Ensign
# 2829
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
nope, you can still have power to the connections and a concurrent failure condition...
Lt. Commander
# 2830
01-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Any update! I wanna play!