Survivor of Romulus
# 2971
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
launcher is toltaly broken it wont patch holodeck or tribble left it trying to patch both for around 30 mins each
dont mean at same time ether
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Ensign
# 2972
05-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi guys,

I was having the same problem, but with the new Neverwinter game (and I figured this thread would be helpful, since you've done more troubleshooting)

In any case, I found a quick fix that worked for me! Please try this, and see if it helps you.
NOTE: I had unsuccessfully tried private and public VPN, multiple ISPs (home, phone tethering, etc..) and those did not resolve the issue. This did work, and it's so fast and easy:

Go to your game client, logs, and move the folder to the desktop. Then attempt to run the client. Actually, I only moved a few of the logs (not combat), but just to make sure.

That was enough, it worked for me after trying hours for everything else.

If that still doesn't work, try moving other non-essential components (don't delete, just move), and the game will either crash, or stand a better chance of defaulting to the proper connection.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.
Ensign
# 2973
05-01-2013, 04:44 AM
launcher has not been working since yesterday even after they say it was back up and running i see lots of people saying they are in but i still cant get in no matter what i do. Grr this bites,
Ensign
I am really pissed ! A good friend of mine introduced this game to me and I was scheduled to finally get a whole weedend off. I spent over 14 hours on the game because I found it rather challenging and very enjoyable. On my 1st day back to work I got up early just to do a few upgrades on the ship, and the launcher wouldn't even go to cancel or even show the patch that had already been loaded the day before. I had noticed after the last patch I was experiencing the "rubber band" effect others have mentioned.
I decided uninstalled the STO file and tried to reinstall it and now all I get is a window that states ..."No internet Connectivity detected. Please reconnect and try again"

I would really appreciate any clearity, assistance, or "solid assurance" that this will be fixed. My PC is a older Intel Quad core 2.4 ghz CPU with a mid range ATI HD Radeon 1gb
I know it's not my pc because It was playing the game on recommended setting really well and the settings where almost to the max.

Sincerly and exasperated,
Dolton

p.s. and for the record I made Lt Commander on my 1st day so why does it say here I am still an Ensign?

Last edited by doltarhrsoljaht; 05-01-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Ensign
# 2975
05-01-2013, 08:17 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=648931

Follow this thread worked for me.
Career Officer
# 2976
05-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doltarhrsoljaht View Post
p.s. and for the record I made Lt Commander on my 1st day so why does it say here I am still an Ensign?
I'm assuming that's referring to your forum posting rank, you probably have to post a number of replies, in order to move up in the forum rank. I doubt the forum & game are interconnected with the same rank.
Career Officer
# 2977
05-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Why did someone resurrect an archived post from 11-17-2011?
Just starting a new thread seems more productive, imo.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Ensign
# 2978
05-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I dont know,but I am having the same problem and our good old friend google brought me here,so its good enough for me. All I know is that I was playing normally,about to obliterate a Jem'hadar battleship,when I lost connection entirely. I could not reconnect to the server and tried exiting and starting STO again,only to have this patching error too.

One thing I have noted,and I dont know if it will solve the problem in the end,but since I use the Steam version,I looked into something within the Steam app to fix it. That is when I found this: On the STO listing within Steam,right click and click "properties" and click on the "local files" tab.There,you will find an option labeled "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...". I clicked that and it scanned my game files and found 10 files in the game directory that were wrong. At this very moment,Steam is downloading replacement files,but since it is a whopping 4.4 GB,I will be waiting a long while before I know it will fix the problem.If anyone has a faster connection (which I am sure many of you do,more so than the meager 1.1 Mbps I have been left with),maybe you could try this and get it faster and spread the result.
Ensign
# 2979
05-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkone198 View Post
I dont know,but I am having the same problem and our good old friend google brought me here,so its good enough for me. All I know is that I was playing normally,about to obliterate a Jem'hadar battleship,when I lost connection entirely. I could not reconnect to the server and tried exiting and starting STO again,only to have this patching error too.

One thing I have noted,and I dont know if it will solve the problem in the end,but since I use the Steam version,I looked into something within the Steam app to fix it. That is when I found this: On the STO listing within Steam,right click and click "properties" and click on the "local files" tab.There,you will find an option labeled "Verify Integrity of Game Cache...". I clicked that and it scanned my game files and found 10 files in the game directory that were wrong. At this very moment,Steam is downloading replacement files,but since it is a whopping 4.4 GB,I will be waiting a long while before I know it will fix the problem.If anyone has a faster connection (which I am sure many of you do,more so than the meager 1.1 Mbps I have been left with),maybe you could try this and get it faster and spread the result.
have the exact same problem completely identical and did exactly all you said and nada..... hope that someone can help!!
Ensign
# 2980
05-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I was in the game just fine earlier today but then it disconnected me and when I tried to restart it gave me the following message:

Unable to establish connection to patch server.

My friends who also play this game also have the same issue today and we have different isps so it's not an isp issue.

They need to fix this and soon because I am a subscriber and I will not be giving them any more money if this type of thing continues.