Lt. Commander
# 21
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
You don't need to reinstall your client. This problem happends when they release a new patch and somehow you can't download it through autoupdate, because too many players are doing it.
Just try again when this server is more empty, unfortanely we don't have a manual patch, to download on a mirror server, to perform this update manually.
I hope they change it.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Patchclient Issue
11-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I could not log in at all last weekend and am still getting this "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." .......??? I am have no clue. I saw some with similar issue and someone who cleared it up, but how is this fixed? Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Im getting the same "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

Any fix for this yet?
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-25-2011, 12:33 PM
they are still investigating the issue. the problem is not hitting everyone. So more data they have from people by ticket submissions of thier systems and network setup the better change they can isloate the cause.
Some have fix thier issue by getting another copy of the launcher exe from someone that does not have the problem. But that does not mean the problem will not reoccur.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
they are still investigating the issue. the problem is not hitting everyone. So more data they have from people by ticket submissions of thier systems and network setup the better change they can isloate the cause.
Some have fix thier issue by getting another copy of the launcher exe from someone that does not have the problem. But that does not mean the problem will not reoccur.
I don't have patch server's adress, but you can try using tracert to check if its blocked by your firewall or somehow you are having problems to reach it and update.
I had a ticket open in support where they posted this URL i don't have it anymore, if you can get it, you might help other users as well.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Again and again
11-26-2011, 10:11 AM
This is not the first time this happens to me. Actually it has happened a lot of times. Sometimes I could fix it by replacing the launcher and sometimes not. The last time I was unable to play for a hole month, emitting tickets and being fobbed off by tech support. Sudenly it just fixed itself. Now its not working again. It is really annoying, isn't it? I've researched a lot on this last month, and discovered that sometimes it also happens to Champions Online players. It seems to have something to do with when Cryptic makes security maintance on their servers, than some players just stop having access to the servers. That's what you get for being a loyal subscriber since launch... Come on Cryptic, fix this once and for all!

Edit: Replacing the launcher for one from a fresh install worked for me this time. But I was stupid because I forgot to backup the fresh install launcher for the next time it happens. So here goes a hint: if have this problem frequently like me, keep a copy of the original launcher for use when necessary!
Lt. Commander
I haven't played STO in probably a year, but I've been keeping up to date with the patches, at least up until about 2-3 months ago.

I decided to get back in to see how things have progressed, I'm double clicking the launcher, a little box opens up, but it just says:

Trying to update the launcher.
Please be patient.
Tried connecting 2 times.

Anyone know a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-29-2011, 03:28 AM
Anyone? I submitted a ticket two days ago but it hasn't been responded to. I still can't even launch the erm, launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Launcher Crash on Login
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Okay, so... My launcher has been on the fritz lately and I even reinstalled the game from a new download and it still does this. When it initially happened, I thought "Okay, that's stupid, maybe it has to do with being on a trial account". Yes, I know that that makes NO sense, that the devs would code it so that the launcher would crash when a Trial user who's time has expired tries to log in, but it was the only thing that came to mind. And I ran with it. But I also tried this with my boyfriend's account and one of our friends' account and it does not work, it just keeps crashing. It was working fine up until my trial ran out and now it just repeatedly crashes when I try to log in to the launcher.

Specs at a glance:
CPU: Dual Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz
RAM space: 4GB
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (Sparkle) [Yes, it is up-to-date at my last check]
DxDiag available: Yes.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Okay, so I think I know what's wrong. I don't have anything but the "piggs" folder that has 3.44 GB of data within it. My boyfriend tried giving me the missing files, but that gives me the same exact result as before.

In the Cryptic Studios folder, I have
Star Trek Online - Folder
CrypticError - Application
dbghelp.dll - App Extension
Star Trek Online - Application
Uninstall Star Trek Online - Application

Star Trek Online, the folder, has
Live - Folder

Live, the folder, has
piggs - folder

piggs, the folder, has the files shown in file attached. I'm going to try moving the folder to the x86 folder and see if that happens to make it work.

Note: It installed into Public Games on it's own.

Uh.. Huh. Closing TeamViewer seems to have made the game work again. That's... odd. Oh well.