Career Officer
# 331
08-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Well methos, we can hope if they are starting to get a clue about this and know its a problem they will leave some people on over the weekend to work on it. Servers crash over the weekend etc, they have to have some kind of support or tech team in place. Maybe not fully staffed like Mon-Fri but we have to hope some are on and have been tasked with this so we will shut up and leave them alone.
Commander
# 332
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannon3 View Post
Well methos, we can hope if they are starting to get a clue about this and know its a problem they will leave some people on over the weekend to work on it. Servers crash over the weekend etc, they have to have some kind of support or tech team in place. Maybe not fully staffed like Mon-Fri but we have to hope some are on and have been tasked with this so we will shut up and leave them alone.
And leave them alone we will not, until we're all sharing a drink at Quark's or ESD's Club 47!!!

Yet, I would be really surprised, albeit pleasantly surprised as well, if this somehow gets resolved before Monday.

Supposedly there's this Hurricane named Issac headed in my general direction and set to arrive either Sunday or Monday...nah, I shouldn't even jinx myself by writing what I'm thinkin'! Yet, I'm sure ya all can guess where I was headed with that.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Career Officer
# 333
08-24-2012, 08:38 PM
I am holding no illusions of a fix even after Monday, but if I dont hope for something then I will be miserable. So lets hope they are working on it at least
Commander
# 334
08-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos71 View Post
And leave them alone we will not, until we're all sharing a drink at Quark's or ESD's Club 47!!!

Yet, I would be really surprised, albeit pleasantly surprised as well, if this somehow gets resolved before Monday.

Supposedly there's this Hurricane named Issac headed in my general direction and set to arrive either Sunday or Monday...nah, I shouldn't even jinx myself by writing what I'm thinkin'! Yet, I'm sure ya all can guess where I was headed with that.
Stay dry and safe, if Issac turns north a little early, I'm in the crosshairs.
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Career Officer
# 335
08-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Well here we are, Sarurday, 2 weeks since last login and 3 months since this whole issue began for me. I cant even bear to go to the STO main page anymore and look at the all the new cstore goodies I cant log in to get I hated the 1st season TNG uniform but I would still like to have it for posterity, the new Sovereign refit? Damn I want to fly it

Now Guild Wars 2 is giving me Connection Errors Present, Retrying...... I cant win. What they have though which Cryptic should adopt is a Connection Diagnostic that will run and analyze everything and then spit the data into a text file. it does all the tracers and everything. Quite handy, well if I cant get in I get my 80 back and go CStore shopping when Trek is fixed.

Last edited by bannon3; 08-25-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 336
08-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Unlike PWE I heard back from support within 10 minutes of my tickets, they had a server crash with it being headstart weekend. Gee I seem to remember STO being offline for most of its headstart too...oh wait that still happens quite frequently, nm lol

Sorry STO/PWE team I am justified in taking shots until this is fixed.
Commander
# 337
08-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1776 View Post
Stay dry and safe, if Issac turns north a little early, I'm in the crosshairs.
Thanks for the safety well wishes Defcon! I take it you might be in South Florida? I'm in the Orlando area. So, I'm pretty sure my area will only be barely effected by this storm. Yet, ya never know with hurricanes. They can be awfully erratic and fickle. If it builds strength and decides to slam into Tampa, then things might not be so nice in Orlando. Here's hoping Isaac just fizzles out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannon3 View Post
Well here we are, Sarurday, 2 weeks since last login and 3 months since this whole issue began for me. I cant even bear to go to the STO main page anymore and look at the all the new cstore goodies I cant log in to get. I hated the 1st season TNG uniform but I would still like to have it for posterity, the new Sovereign refit? Damn I want to fly it.

Now Guild Wars 2 is giving me Connection Errors Present, Retrying...... I cant win. What they have though which Cryptic should adopt is a Connection Diagnostic that will run and analyze everything and then spit the data into a text file. it does all the tracers and everything. Quite handy, well if I cant get in I get my 80 back and go CStore shopping when Trek is fixed.
Yeah, tomorrow will mark two weeks since I was last able to login. Extremely frustrating to be left out of STO game-time on a Saturday. As for that other game you mentioned Bannon3, is it a Cryptic/PWE game as well? If not, then perhaps it would be best not to mention it altogether, so as to avoid confusing matters with any Devs or Techs that come peek in here. Besides, it just sounds like that other game got flooded with weekend activity. Any and all online games are prone to being paralyzed by too many folk all playing at once.

Myself and others here have had no problems whatsoever logging into other games. Just this one. And the login problem here seems to be spreading, I just encouraged another victim to join us, from the 'Free to Play Q&A' section of these forums. And yesterday I noticed a flurry of login problems that have been plaguing European STO players.

Sadly, since the PWE Techs likely have weekends off, I think we're all screwed until at least Monday.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
methos71
Commander
# 338
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos71 View Post
Thanks for the safety well wishes Defcon! I take it you might be in South Florida? I'm in the Orlando area.
Are you on ATT also? Seems the problem may lie with ATT for me.

As for Isaac, I'm under a TS warning so some inclement weather is imminent within reasonable certainty. Good thing I'm not in the Keys any longer, they're under a hurricane warning. I went through hurricane Georges in '98 in Marathon (evac'd), Jeanne(evac'd) and Frances(staying was a mistake :/ ) in '04 in Vero. We kinda take these seriously around here after going though some. Stocked up on water, food, fuel, ammo.
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Commander
# 339
08-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1776 View Post
Are you on ATT also? Seems the problem may lie with ATT for me.

As for Isaac, I'm under a TS warning so some inclement weather is imminent within reasonable certainty. Good thing I'm not in the Keys any longer, they're under a hurricane warning. I went through hurricane Georges in '98 in Marathon (evac'd), Jeanne(evac'd) and Frances(staying was a mistake :/ ) in '04 in Vero. We kinda take these seriously around here after going though some. Stocked up on water, food, fuel, ammo.
Nah Defcon, my ISP is Time Warner / Brighthouse Roadrunner. I'm pretty sure we've all exhausted the possibility of this problem being ISP related. I actually spent a couple of hours on the phone with my ISP a couple of nights ago, spoke to one of their Level 3 Techs and all. Even changed my DNS address to googledns (thus circumventing my ISP altogether as net jump point). So, yeah, pretty sure this problem is on Cryptic/PWE's end and they now claim they've got higher level techs looking into this problem. Doubt we'll see any progress until Monday, at the earliest.

As for the coming storm, hopefully we'll all endure it unscathed.
methos71
Career Officer
# 340
08-25-2012, 03:56 PM
We made it to page 30!! I guess my hopes were misplaced. no support over the weekend as I havent heard anything either.

Spoke before I looked lol, got this:

Thank you for providing this information, I have forwarded this information to the investigation team. Please keep an eye on the patch notes for more information in regards to this issue. Additionally, please update this ticket if something changes in regards to this matter.

Kind regards,