I just contacted Tech Support and they gave me some stock answer from their Knowledge Base. To tell you honestly, I was so frustrated, I went to go cancel my sub, but SURPRISE! I can't access Cryptic's website to do so! I directed Tech Support to this thread and told them that obviously I am not the only one with the problem. I threatened to send my next email to Accounts and Billing if they didn't get this fixed soon. Let's see what comes of that.
So here was my night I get a response ( a form letter of course ) all of it wanting me to do stuff that doesn't even make sense like restart my computer, I've seriously restarted it like 20+ times in the two days I've been unable to connect. Uninstall some kind of media booster I don't have it never did don't even know what it is. Failed again.
But low and behold the launcher launches finally oh joy I force verify like the response mentioned then it wants to patch the 1.2 gig patch I already downloaded last thursday fine whatever I let it go and take a nap, wake up 3 hours later its close to being done 96% then it disconnects now it just disconnects itself not my internet, thats working fine, so I close it and low and behold it won't launch again same freakin issue. I'm so tired of this.....
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
I am having a different experience, they wanted me to run the tracer thing on the crypticserver, but every time I send them the info they claim not to get it or the data was lost......lol.....what else can i do but laugh? I just finally said look take a look at the pc&tech support forums, you will see all the people afflicted and the new ones going down each day. I will be fair I suppose and give them a week or two to try to work this out but then I am gone for good.
I got two accounts one for me and one for my nephew and now niether one can get past this issue. Tried on three dang computers all I had updated with latest patches and out of the blue this is happening on all them. Two Pc's one I just got done building and also a Laptop I've had for years. Started doing this on my older Pc around may or june if i remember but was fine on my laptop and Pc I built. Now its happening on all three. Tried everything I can think, of including redownloading three times. Once from disks, once from their site and once from another site. All failed on newer Pc. Amazingly I got 4 other games that all work fine from any of the Pc's. They need to fix this or give me back all the money I've spent both on subs and the cstore/zstore whatever its called now. The support is a joke and only tells me to do what anyone that knows computers would have done on their own before going to the hassle of contacting them..